GTP_WRS Week 2 : FXXza Irresistibile!

• Thread starter Vagabond
  • 688 comments
I've got an fxx but it's got bits added. If I disable them or 'turn them off', will it pass or fail regs? It's not an issue, I can sell it and buy another. Just curious.

@Vagabond @EDK @Gravitron @WRP001 - MOD POKE EDIT! :D
Hey Matt. :) Actually, editing a post with a quote or user tag doesn't generate a notification... I only found you by going over the new posts just now. ;)

Any parts you've fitted or tuning you've done, can be removed, thus making the car legal. Unlike GT5, even engine tuning and weight reduction can now be removed. The only thing that is irreversible, as far as I am aware, is the chassis rigidity improvement (available in the GT Auto section). So as long as you haven't fitted that, you're good to go with your existing car. 👍
Also, am I allowed to change TC during the race, using RA?
Please excuse my questions but I'm new to this
Your not allowed use RA in anything there doing so far race's or time trail's.
Are you sure it works? The OP says it doesn't. You are in arcade mode yeah?
Hottracer88
You just told me an hour ago that it is not allowed. I thought you knew that was a fact?
I too would love to do my laps with variable TC.
TC is allowed.
OP states RA doesn't work. Perhaps instead should say RA allow or not allowed, just to clarify?
Thanks

btw my splits are with TC4 and BB 7/6
No RA functions used in my lap

It doesn't say anywhere that RA use is not allowed, it stated that it wasn't available. This isn't strictly true since you can adjust some settings and I have edited the regulations part of the OP to state:

• In-Race RA Functions: Optional (not yet fully functional for all settings)
You are allowed to adjust the available settings using the RA menu - they are already allowed by the regulations anyway. BB is not yet available through the RA menu but can be adjusted in the car settings menu.

Clear enough? 👍
"Power: 788bhp + oil change and engine break in"

Also, to be absolutely sure, the engine break in is the "engine overhaul" option in the pit service?
No, its a carry-over from GT5 in which the engine would not reach full power until after a run-in period of about 200 miles. Apparently engine break-in no longer occurs with GT6 though, so full power is achieved immediately after doing an oil change. I've edited that bit of the OP. 👍

Sweet, thanks Chris. No chassis alterations here so all good.

One thing to note if using favourites - the car shows up as 840bhp - I have no idea why because FULL power is 828bhp and if you examine the car, this is the exact power it has. Oddity.

EDIT: Favourites shows the wrong HP for ALL cars, it would seem. They're all a small % higher.

Time to break out the wheel :) :cheers:

What no edit notifications!? Bah. I'll have to @WRP001 @EDK @Gravitron in here then just so that the original poke doesn't get lost. Wouldn't want that, even though there's nothing for them to do :lol:

Last edited:
Nice...was waiting for a new TT.....got bored of GT6 the last few days so went back to 5 as I feel the need to complete it (had to restart a week before GT6 came out so have a long way to go)....was hoping for a slightly more sedate pace this week :(. Have never owned or driven the FXX before so should be interesting....I understand it is quite a handful?

Got a feeling this will be a long week for me , the Enzo was my nemesis in gt5 seems it big brother has taken it's place in gt6.
It's taken me two hours to do 2 valid laps and they so slow I won't even bother posting a split time as I could have timed them on a calendar

Got a feeling this will be a long week for me , the Enzo was my nemesis in gt5 seems it big brother has taken it's place in gt6.
It's taken me two hours to do 2 valid laps and they so slow I won't even bother posting a split time as I could have timed them on a calendar

I feel you man. High powered RWD cars are something I really struggle with, and the FXX feels to be a prime example of these. Doesn't really help that I'm only about halfway through the career mode so I haven't really been forced to drive these kind of cars yet.

But as I said before, it looks like a combo that I'm looking forward to. The ferrari is a beauty and monza is a great track. And I'm sure this week will get me a lot of much needed practice with a car like that.

Probably have to paint the car pink for it to be less intimidating!

Have never owned or driven the FXX before so should be interesting....I understand it is quite a handful?
In a way, yes - it has massive power so traction is at a premium and it will bite pretty hard if you're not gentle with it. I chose S3 tyres because although they have less grip than R1s, they lose grip more progressively and predictably than racing tyres do, which seem to have a very sharp slip curve drop-off.
A car like this demands respect and smooth inputs. Don't try and start out too fast and trying to nail the lap in one hit. Build it up corner by corner. Braking points are paramount with this combo, as always at Monza. Getting settled early for the exits is also paramount - nailing as early as possible for the next flat-out straight gains huge amounts of time. Be gentle with steering inputs and come off the brakes smoothly. If you unsettle the rear it feels like an age before you can get back on the throttle. So take a few laps just concentrating on your braking points first, so you can carry good speed through the apexes. Then do a sequence of laps where you're concentrating on where you are placing the car for the exits and how early you can get on the power with the car at different angles and on different lines, particularly in the Lesmos and Ascari. The start to put it together. Remember smooth, always smooth with brake steering and throttle, and use each of them only once for each corner sequence - brake once, turn in with one motion, release steering smoothly on the eixt and when you're ready to get on the power, stay on it. 👍

The MP4-12C was a handful at Monza in Week 84 of GT5 WRS too - felt like it had no traction at all, so the inputs had to be very smooth. The FXX can be pushed alot harder than this:

Last edited:
Havent yet qualified for GT6 as i missed the deadline but here are my splits for fun :D

27.410 27.270 27.289
1.01.428 1.01.083

Last edited:
Well, as expected, I am struggling with this one. Currently have TCS on 5 as not in control with less, may be able to dial it back in time. Have had to go back to using x/o for accel/brake as using L2/R2 makes my hands ache too much (by-product of my painkillers :grumpy:). Am trying to play with the b/b without much success. Anyway, my splits on my first clean lap (only took 10 laps lol):

S1: 27.978
S2: 1.03.678

Oh, incidentally, painting the car pink doesn't make it any tamer and easier to handle :confused:

Well, as expected, I am struggling with this one. Currently have TCS on 5 as not in control with less, may be able to dial it back in time. Have had to go back to using x/o for accel/brake as using L2/R2 makes my hands ache too much (by-product of my painkillers :grumpy:). Am trying to play with the b/b without much success. Anyway, my splits on my first clean lap (only took 10 laps lol):

Oh, incidentally, painting the car pink doesn't make it any tamer and easier to handle :confused:

A fellow struggler here. Gave it a little go just a moment ago and I'm starting to feel sorry for my FXX as I've already trashed it on the first chicane barriers countless times. One clean lap and that's when I started braking on the S/F line to make through the first corner, splits not worth posting. :lol:

My big head just doesn't seem to grasp how early I have to start braking with this car, and for some reason the car starts to wobble around from one side to another whenever I try to fully apply the brakes, eventhough I'm supposedly holding the wheel straight.

It'll be a tough week and I can already see an increase in my cigarette/coffee consumption when trying to get better in this combo. And I also tried the pink paint masterplan but it hasn't been a big help so far, maybe I have to wear pink clothes too? :confused:

Ok, since my hints were so popular in week 1 here's some more for this most masochistic but satisfying of weeks :D

There's a red marker on the Armco leading up to turns 1 and 2. Brake as soon as you can't see it. Use 1st to slow down, but do not use 1st to speed up unless you are very light footed. Use 3rd to exit the next chicane and both lesmos. In the lesmos, always brake early. Coasting allows the nose to rotate and the car goes where you want.

Exit ascari in 4th, hold it tight in the middle and the line is very important or you're losing tonnes of time on the exit, don't take too much kerb either thru here, this thing spits you off easily. Gentle throttle application out of parabolica in 3rd gear. The further you go the less steering angle. Change into 6th at the s/f line @ 195 mph

1'01.215

Matt :cheers:

Had a few more laps (actually managed to string 5 clean-ish laps together...1 or 2 dirty by WRS standards!), managed to improve my time, sector 1 roughly the same but gained 9 tenths in sector 2...still not competitive but it is an improvement nonetheless. May try reducing the TCS next time I try:

S1: 27.919
S2: 1.02.735

P.S. Further to the pink colour discussion, while the car's pinkishness may not help me handle it any better, it does look pretty in pink, I have to admit :lol::

Attachments

• Chrome Pink FXX At Monza.jpg
    Chrome Pink FXX At Monza.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 8
My own first splits in anger...

1'01.117

It is a handful but if you're struggling, I guarantee your driving will have improved by the end of the week. A great test of braking and throttle control.

WOW!

What a handful the FXX is! Just get 1 tyre on the grass and that lap is ruined! Got to be so careful!

Not sure I've managed a complete lap yet...

Very frustrating, but great great fun!

Edit:

Finally got a lap together:

1'03.121

Last edited:
What a beast, didn't like it at first, doesn't help that I'm not a fan of the track, but once I figured out the braking points my frown turned upside down. :)

1'01.300

b/b 7/6

Still feels like I'm barely hanging on to it, there's plenty to keep me busy for the week.

Last edited:
1'01.007

BB 5/5 - tried 7/3 6/4 5/4 4/2 but stock 5/5 is best balance IMO.

Edit - Baron, you need to add an apostrophe between your first 1 and 0. Fetchy is confused :P

So for this one we have to buy the car and the only thing we can do it's change tires and oil?
Ok, but I still have to buy the car, will spend next days to get moneys (will farm at Motegi NASCAR and Ascari 10laps as always)... The only thing it's that I MUST remember to not upgrade the chassis rigidity, I usually do it at the same time of oil change as untill GT5 it served as a durability improver for chassis and still didn't lose the habit...

Once you have found the braking points and gears that suit your style of driving this combo really does come into its own!

Slightly worse first split but slightly better second split and much better overall! Have seen several 27.5xx first sectors though...

Just trying to string them together is hard! 1 foul move and its gone.

This is a combo all about rhythm and sitting down for a couple hours and banging out the laps!

1'02.644

Not sure how much more running I will get for the rest of the week now! Enjoy it :)

P.S. Further to the pink colour discussion, while the car's pinkishness may not help me handle it any better, it does look pretty in pink, I have to admit :lol::

Wait what do you mean pink doesn't make it go faster? The Famed Pitz would strongly disagree with you :-).

On a side note can't wait to get on this race this week.

Sorry I missed last weeks combo but my wheel conveniently died and forced me to take a seat in the pitts :P
Anyway I gave in and bought a replacement yesterday and it seems my problems are gone until this one curls its toes up too :irked: Cracking drive this combo btw :bowdown: my best clean save has...

1'01.046

been slightly faster at both splits so i will defo be going back to this one later tonight 👍

I gave it a go, not looking like it's for me. I know it's sacrilege, but I've never been a fan of Monza. :eek:

I'll give it a few goes per day though, I didn't think I'd like the other TT, being in a 4WD, and it really hasn't turned out that way. Sorry for the boring post, let the split posting resume! :D

Feel free to flame me but I am new here and don't know how these really work. Only the second week for me. I have two autodrome maps. I assume this is the 3.60 miles track and NOT the 3.58 mile no chicanes map? Clarification please.

Back