GTP_WRS Week 22 : Official Results

Thanks for the comments/praise and special mentionings folks.

Congrats to all division winners and podium finishers. :cheers:

Good to see you Jack (GTP_Jet) , back in WRS. 👍

I must have spent 10+ hours on this combo ,
first hour breaking in the engine and the rest mostly testing.
Only on monday I felt the tune was ready and I could start concentrating on hot-lapping.

here's my replay:

Attachments

• GTP_MadMax86 GT5 WRS 22.zip
    267.1 KB · Views: 8
1---1'37.484---GTP_MadMax86
gflagjn4.gif

Nice and clean 👍

D2 Podium

Roomboter loses a little bit in T2 but he makes it all up in the 3rd turn of T3 👍

Great work Speedy :)

It looks to me like I might be ahead until the last two turns - but then it might not be totally synced. My lap looks incredibly un-smooth compared to the wheel users :)

Last edited:
Thanks
I just love making the vids ;)

EDIT: The D2 vid is synced to within 0.006 sec :D
the D1 vid to within 0.008 sec
push 'pauze' in full screen and you'll see

Last edited:
Exellent job with the video Speedy6543. 👍 👍

I must have watched the div2 video 10 times alredy , because I want to see every single run and then all of them together. :lol:

MadMax

Video Spotlight #2....Division 4, where it's not often USA racers take all three podiums [and just so happens I made it as well, :sly:] and a chance for me to compare the laps, since I can't do PAL replays. Speedy does a wonderful job with that. BTW, Speedy, on the vids. 👍

All vids synced at Zero start, or as close as possible. :nervous:

Enjoy! EDIT: Oh, and pardon my "thrashing of this beast," as Chris often says! :lol:

GTP_DigitalBaka - 1:40.069 -
Trophy_Gold.png

GTP_DDiamond - 1:40:354 -
Trophy_Silver.png
<< >> GTP_MilleRSVR - 1:40:407 -
Trophy_Bronze.png

Last edited:
For you D4 guys, some specific areas that would have made you gobs of time.

Watch your speed through 100R, and work to maintain 110 MPH minimum. I'm not one to watch the speedometer in every corner, but for the critical corners, you should. Also, earlier on the brakes for the next left so you have more time at full throttle on the run down to the T2 split.

In the final sector, 2 areas stand out. First, getting all the way left after the chicane to set up with the next turn with maximum speed and minimal braking.

Second, and most important of all of this is the last turn. All of you take essentially the same line. You all should be further left to set up, brake sooner, and get on the throttle sooner. Clearly, this is the longest full throttle run on the entire course, and one of the longest we have in WRS, if not THE longest. When you have turns like that, always be thinking of ways you can maximize your time at Wide Open Throttle.

Watch the D1 and D2 vids, line is correct in both, and amazingly similar across the 7 racers.

Exellent job with the video Speedy6543. 👍 👍
I must have watched the div2 video 10 times alredy , because I want to see every single run and then all of them together. :lol:
MadMax

Nice video Speedy, always fun to watch 👍

Thanks and LOL MadMax

Video Spotlight #2....Division 4, where it's not often USA racers take all three podiums [and just so happens I made it as well, ] and a chance for me to compare the laps, since I can't do PAL replays. Speedy does a wonderful job with that. BTW, Speedy, on the vids. 👍

It's nice to have a NTSC and a PAL vid maker. That way everybody can see replays they normally can't.

PS: You can still make a two way vid on the D3 guys as they are both US'ers too ;)

:@:EDK: I noticed the same things. The only thing is, I wouldn't be able to write it all down like you do. 👍

EDK

Watch your speed through 100R, and work to maintain 110 MPH minimum. I'm not one to watch the speedometer in every corner, but for the critical corners, you should. Also, earlier on the brakes for the next left so you have more time at full throttle on the run down to the T2 split.

In the final sector, 2 areas stand out. First, getting all the way left after the chicane to set up with the next turn with maximum speed and minimal braking.

Second, and most important of all of this is the last turn. All of you take essentially the same line. You all should be further left to set up, brake sooner, and get on the throttle sooner. Clearly, this is the longest full throttle run on the entire course, and one of the longest we have in WRS, if not THE longest. When you have turns like that, always be thinking of ways you can maximize your time at Wide Open Throttle.

Watch the D1 and D2 vids, line is correct in both, and amazingly similar across the 7 racers.

Thanks, Kevin. Great tips I had hoped the vids would elicit from some of you upper tier racers.

PS: You can still make a two way vid on the D3 guys as they are both US'ers too ;)

Yes, good idea, and I got something in mind for some other future things as well. ;)

Congrats to everyone for the week. Brilliant time there Twissy.

Love the videos from Speedy and DD. How nice would it be to have a sticky with videos from each week with the Division podiums :sly:

Congrats to everyone for the week. Brilliant time there Twissy.

Love the videos from Speedy and DD. How nice would it be to have a sticky with videos from each week with the Division podiums :sly:

Nice idea CT and nice to see you back in here. 👍

Phillip.

Sorry about the delay guys.

Definitely a couple things I wish I could've done differently but I couldn't string them all together in the same run.

MY NTSC replay is below.👍

Attachments

• gtp_teecro_gtp_wrs_22_asparawhat_1'38.738.zip
    269.1 KB · Views: 9
D2 Podium

Roomboter loses a little bit in T2 but he makes it all up in the 3rd turn of T3 👍

Thanks for the great 4 way split screen vid. I watched the Div 1 vid with great pleasure. Was thinking how great it would be to have for Div 2 including myself. But since i'm missed the podium in Div 2, that there never will be a vid including me. Glad you made one, so i can compare myself with the other. But the title of the vid is incorrect, one didn't finish on the vid. But i'm not complaining :lol: It’s a very useful thing. I paused the vid on braking points turn in points, apex and exit points. See some points where I can improve. Also you some slightly different lines in 100R. You see a faster entry of Eriba but automatically a slower exit. Eriba also has a different line in the chicane. At the apex he is the slowest and on the left turn apex, he is the fastest. So Speedy thanks again 👍

Video Spotlight #2....Division 4, where it's not often USA racers take all three podiums [and just so happens I made it as well, :sly:] and a chance for me to compare the laps, since I can't do PAL replays. Speedy does a wonderful job with that. BTW, Speedy, on the vids. 👍

All vids synced at Zero start, or as close as possible. :nervous:

Enjoy! EDIT: Oh, and pardon my "thrashing of this beast," as Chris often says! :lol:

GTP_DigitalBaka - 1:40.069 -
Trophy_Gold.png

GTP_DDiamond - 1:40:354 -
Trophy_Silver.png
<< >> GTP_MilleRSVR - 1:40:407 -
Trophy_Bronze.png

EDK

Was thinking the same. Basically use the most of the widest of the track as possible. And most of the corners a later apex.

Specially the exit of the last corner. If you enter it much wider. You make the radius of the turn bigger. Means you driving line is straighter so you can enter it faster and apply throttle sooner so carry more speed on the exit and carry all that speed till the next turn. Also means you improve you T1. Although there is a little bug in GT5. If you pause the D1/D2 vid on the exit of the last turn (moment the car is in a straight line) and do the same with the D4 vid. You will notice a difference in speed of about 6 mil/h. At the finish it’s only about 1 mile. So something isn’t right there. Minor detail Kaz :lol:

Thanks everybody enjoyed every moment of this one. Specially the vid makers (Spielberg and Lucas :lol: Kev and you of course for this combo. And your tune. Finally got the pleasure to beat you and that with your own tune :lol:

Awesome vid, Dan. Interesting to see everyone side by side instead of just watching them individually as I normally do. 👍

And thanks for the tips, Kevin. I love that everyone here is competitive and fights within thousandths but still shares tips and tricks with everyone. :cheers:

Congrats to all division winners and podium finishers :cheers:

Special word to the insane aliens below 1.36 :crazy:

Great show by my mates on D2, and Roomboter, what a finish 👍

Not a good week for me because i knew my T3 as really weak (yes Chris, i know :dunce:), and it´s the fifth week in a row that i´m below my handicap :ill:

Kevin, great idea to show all the T3, think it would be great to implement that all the weeks 👍

Speedy and Ddiamond, great videos 👍

Kev and you of course for this combo. And your tune. Finally got the pleasure to beat you and that with your own tune :lol:

:lol: Nice one. Glad someone else got along with my tune, now I know I'm not entirely crazy when it comes to that process. :sly:

EDK
:lol: Nice one. Glad someone else got along with my tune, now I know I'm not entirely crazy when it comes to that process. :sly:

No your defiantly not crazy. Your tune was awesome and helped me a lot. You’re much better in that process than me. I can’t even tune the window wiper :lol:

BTW here a nice race I had a couple of weeks ago with the GTHQ guys with this lovely car at Indy Road. Some of the dutch academy 2011 finalist participated. Davinci, RawRespect Djie and me where fighting it out for the win. Dije ended up as the nr 3 of the academy final 2011. Don’t ask me what I was doin in that fight, but for some reason I could keep up with this guys

Enjoy the video. Sorry for the poor quality. I don’t own a fancy capture card like Speed and DD

It was on race hard with 515PP

Congrats all you speed daemons! 👍👍👍
Nice job by all, it seems.

What he said 👍. Also thanks to the mods for the event, and everyone again for the advice and tunes - I do try them all, and am actually quite interested in the varied approaches and feels; some tricks I note down for later even if I can't use them, when I can adapt my driving to them - stuff like Kevin's gears and toe really (IMHO) needed MT and a slightly different approach than I'm used to - and I needed an LSD tune more like Max's for consistency, for example. The appropriate track and attack style use and of positive and negative toe still eludes me, so I'm kind of scared of it.

And thanks to Dan and Speedy for the awesome vidoes (and Speedy for checking PAL replays too damn fast - I thought I might manage Max's first, but nooo ;-)

This week, I wasn't happy with the 1'39.5xx I had after spending multiple (DFGT) sessions over the course of about 7hrs, and then somehow beat that by 0.4sec on Sunday night when messing around with the DS3 while having a few beers. :dunce:

Note to self - 1. Use more track. 2. Use more beers/alcomohol.

I think I managed to toss in a bit under 1500-1600 klm (1000 miles-ish) on this one - I won't realistically get much more on a combo.

Made sure to double/triple-check the replay next day. Looks like I'm 4th in D3 after new-guy stanley1664's unfortunate timecard error. Sorry to hear about it, man, but not that sorry. Also really sorry to hear about Lynx-Can's missed submission. REAALLY sorry. :sly:

Shouts to JBrinkley, teecro, and Ealirendur for the D3 podiums, you guys are super-motivational-inspirational-like. And the D2 and D1 times are just awesome. :drool:👍

Weeeellll... I did the same while reviewing PAL replays, and it turns out I mistyped the last digit on mine (maybe transcribing after sleep instead of 3am might be a superior plan?), so it's off by a thousandth (should have been 1'39.057).

As a result, and because of the resulting placement by misadventure, I'm uploading it to suffer concomitant scrutiny (and so you can point and laugh at the hash I made of T1 in that lap).

It's a PAL replay, numbered 006.

I really, really wish I hadn't chucked my 1'38.717 lap over the right rumbles before the final turn - too eager coming out of Netz.

I should have a little time now after a couple days of home and work emergencies to actually run two combos in a row, at least. See you all in the D3 logfigjam :cheers:

Attachments

• GTP_WRS_Week_22_Replay-GTP_ealirendur.zip
    270 KB · Views: 8
BTW here a nice race I had a couple of weeks ago with the GTHQ guys with this lovely car at Indy Road. Some of the dutch academy 2011 finalist participated. Davinci, RawRespect Djie and me where fighting it out for the win. Dije ended up as the nr 3 of the academy final 2011. Don’t ask me what I was doin in that fight, but for some reason I could keep up with this guys

Enjoy the video.

Wow, nice one. 👍

Must be you were keeping up because they were 2011 GT Academy finalists, and did not run the 2010 at Indy Road, and you did? :sly:

Really incredible to see all those buzzing bees coming down the main straight at the start. And 3 wide action that stayed clean in the first couple turns just behind the front runners. :eek:

..EDITED:....BTW here a nice race I had a couple of weeks ago with the GTHQ guys with this lovely car at Indy Road. Some of the dutch academy 2011 finalist participated. Davinci, RawRespect Djie and me where fighting it out for the win. Dije ended up as the nr 3 of the academy final 2011. Don’t ask me what I was doin in that fight, but for some reason I could keep up with this guys

Enjoy the video. Sorry for the poor quality. I don’t own a fancy capture card like Speed and DD

It was on race hard with 515PP

No worries, Roomboter. The quality of your video, IMO, is fine. Content is the main factor and I enjoyed the vid! 👍

EDK
Wow, nice one. 👍

Must be you were keeping up because they were 2011 GT Academy finalists, and did not run the 2010 at Indy Road, and you did? :sly:

Really incredible to see all those buzzing bees coming down the main straight at the start. And 3 wide action that stayed clean in the first couple turns just behind the front runners. :eek:

Agreed!!

Went back and checked leadereboard replay results.........

Visual mechanical specs/time correct:

GTP_JBRINKLEY -
picture.php

Excellent run, Brink!

Went back and checked leadereboard replay results.........

Visual mechanical specs/time correct:

GTP_JBRINKLEY -
picture.php

Excellent run, Brink!

thanks for checking. I was going to ask someone to go back if someone hadn't done it this morning..... thanks, you are always on top of things.

EDK
Wow, nice one. 👍

Thanks, was a very exiting race to be part of. Tension all the way.

Afraid the same guys where on top of the leaderboard in 2010 aswell. And again it wasn’t me :lol:

No worries, Roomboter. The quality of your video, IMO, is fine. Content is the main factor and I enjoyed the vid! 👍
There is a big difference between your vid, made with a capture card compare to my vid. But it will do.

3---1'39.058---GTP_ealirendur (Verified)
picture.php
- Clean and tidy. 👍 Autopsy bit - There are several places you don't use all the track costing you time on exits. Exit speed is more crucial than apex speed at Fuji so its wise to use as much run off as you dare. I'll spare you the "be smooth" speech since you're using a DS3 but try and time your gear changes rather than just flicking them down as quick as possible. Also, most of the corners in the 3rd sector could be taken in 3rd gear, maintaining momentum - you used 2nd for all of them which cost you heaps of time through the whole sector. :)

3---1'39.058---GTP_ealirendur (Verified)
picture.php
- Clean and tidy. 👍 Autopsy bit - There are several places you don't use all the track costing you time on exits. Exit speed is more crucial than apex speed at Fuji so its wise to use as much run off as you dare. I'll spare you the "be smooth" speech since you're using a DS3 but try and time your gear changes rather than just flicking them down as quick as possible. Also, most of the corners in the 3rd sector could be taken in 3rd gear, maintaining momentum - you used 2nd for all of them which cost you heaps of time through the whole sector. :)

Thanks!

I'm, um, still letting the game take care of the gears :embarrassed: , and CSL's latter set had a really tiny 3rd; I normally try to manage it with throttle control, but that was tricky here, still learning the track. This is where I really benefit in review, and replays in particular (got Milross!). Cockpit view is really handy for seeing the wheel movements (the Civic RM with the centred red band was amazing for this), and where I didn't return to centre either fast or smoothly enough. Outside is good for the "Yeah, that was sloppy".

I'm trying MT this week, but the DS3 sensitivity/smoothness snake is rearing its ugly head again (need both in T1 :crazy:); should have used 1-4 in the RX-7.

Sorry for the diatribe; thanks again. Back to the grindstone.

Back