GTP_WRS Week 24 : Ferrari F430 @ Eiger Nordwand

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 176 comments
New Splits:
T1: 29.663
T2: 49.623
Should be able to get some more out of this one. Good feeling when you get it right. Some very fast times up on the board,great to see.

Some excellent times on the board now, really incredible driving!

Ron, Will, Jukka, great to see you involved :cheers:

Damn it Kev, had to go and beat me again :P

All the best
Maz

How could you not like an F430:crazy:

The very same way others don't like muscle cars. I hate the sound it makes, truly truly hate that sound, neither here nor there on the looks and dislike the way it handles in GT5:P.

Have to say, I'm not a fan of the 430 either... it understeers like a shopping trolley for the most part and has zero torque, though in its favour it does have a nice bit of lift off oversteer.

Actually, it does look alright, but the sound and the handling are still not to my liking.

New Splits:
T1- 29.870
T2- 50.140

Just discovered this site, forum, and time trial competition. I'm stoked, can't wait to get home and start making some times :)

Just discovered this site, forum, and time trial competition. I'm stoked, can't wait to get home and start making some times :)

You'll have to register on the GTP registry first in order to take part here.

Try This

As for this week's Weekly Race Series, you'll have to ask one of the WRS staff.

Last edited:
First split times. Still trying to get the hang of this car. Sure I'll come bottom of my div this week. Thanks to Synwraith for the tip about turning the FFB down usually have it at 10 but turning it down dropped my time straight away.

T1 30.321
T2 50.469

I've changed my mind and decided I need the WRS to chill out (I'll be smoking something, it's not going to be fags though :D). Probably only a half effort, but I need some fun, dammit!

After a 2 hour session, beginning to find some semblance of speed :crazy:

T1: 30.191
T2: 50.554

Board updated.

I introduced Marooned/Haitham to the world of Luxy, so that we have another backup for the updating. I'll be off abroad by the end of the month, and we agreed that he will do the updating that week 👍

Lots of NaNa's there this morning :crazy:

Haha - gone already. 👍
I was showing Hai what happens if you make a mistake while you're editing :lol:

Nigel's splits are up now too.

EDIT entered my own splits too, which are scaringly slow but not as slow as i was afraid of ...

I'm not doing as bad as I thought I would this week after all.👍

T1: 30.094
T2: 50.249

Hardly much improvement at the line though, didn't do well in the corner after tunnel. Thrown away three 50.1s today.

EDIT: And threw away another 29.9 T1. GAAAAHHH!!!!

All the best
Maz

Last edited:
Thanks Maz for the comment. I think I have found a bit more speed in this one. Seen a 30.002 at T1 but threw it away in the long right hander before the tunnel. Its amazing what a few squrts of gas mid corner can do!!

New splits
T1 30.167
T2 50.298

Took a bit more off with these splits .. 29.584 / 49.559

I have seen a few 29.4 / 49.4's .. so I'm on this for the rest of the night until I can claw all thats available for me into one lap :cheers:

Back