GTP_WRS Week 28 : Official Results

• Thread starter Vaxen
  • 118 comments

Drivers who do not have a submitted lap posted in the results are not to post any information related to a laptime they might have achieved in the results thread. Any such posts will have the times removed.

Granfer, I think it's great that you gave this weeks event a go, but I suggest that you have a go at the official qualifier, submit your time, and then you can legitmately participate. Good luck 👍

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats to all Div. winners and podium finishers.

I finally decided on the BMW, it was slower in T1 but faster everywere else.
T1 was my downfall, never could get it right.

NINE_HUNDRED, i was wondering how you went so fast in T1. You made me work hard on this one. I know how it feels to put in all the time and get red flagged like I did last week. You'll make me work hard this week too I'm sure.

Attached is my replay.

Attachments

• WRS_Week_28_Reply_GTP_MilleRSVR.zip
    315.9 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
:lol: thanks Jack...I think?

It was a compliment and thats all. I have always thought you are a great driver. I will always think you could always win the D2 division. This time tho I really think you drove exceptional for personal reasons of my own.

If you just think you did your average what you always do every TT performance, I suppose it might not look like I complimented you. Sorry about that.

Attached is my replay.

Ahhhh!!! That isn't a replay, It's your game save! I just imported it and it over wrote my save!
I really should have noticed the file was 1.86 MB. I'm not a morning person :yuck:, and didn't notice.

Reloading my backup from last last night, so I'm OK :nervous:, just repost and include your actual replay :cheers:
EDIT: Backup loaded fine! All is good :)

:lol: thanks Jack...I think?
It was a compliment and thats all. I have always thought you are a great driver. I will always think you could always win the D2 division.

I think Carlos (Jon) was just unsure of your real first name, my Mom didn't name me Hydro...and she rarely calls me that :lol:

Marc 👍

Last edited:
Congrats to the podiums and those who met their targets! Lots of fast times on this creative combo. 👍👍 One of the hardest tracks, IMO.

Special mention to Jon, nice job on your first division Gold! :cheers:

And nice job D3'ers, lots of participation and battling. 👍 You guys' splits scared me off this week...the only good lap I got in the 2hrs I had for this combo would have netted me bottom of huge D3 pack. :scared:

Thanks Kevin & Co for keeping things interesting and challenging every week! 👍

Ahhhh!!! That isn't a replay, It's your game save! I just imported it and it over wrote my save!
I really should have noticed the file was 1.86 MB. I'm not a morning person :yuck:, and didn't notice.

Reloading my backup from last last night, so I'm OK :nervous:, just repost and include your actual replay :cheers:
EDIT: Backup loaded fine! All is good :)

I think Carlos (Jon) was just unsure of your real first name, my Mom didn't name me Hydro...and she rarely calls me that :lol:

Marc 👍

So sorry about that Hydro, I'm glad you where able to restore your game.:dunce:

I updated my prior post with the correct file.

2---1'58.126---GTP_MilleRSVR
user118395pic1573412914.gif

Another good run!
Congratulations on your Division win too :cheers:
Definitely the best way to come back from a DQ week. Well done 👍

Oh, and approaching Dunlop I glanced in my mirror, saw the ghost way behind and missed my braking zone a bit and went into save mode (which I had quite a lot of practice in this week). All in all I think I had a pretty good save and managed to get out of the corner with good speed at least, but it felt like it took forever to come around. Wish I could have that section back and do it over.

:lol: I knew something must have happened in Dunlop to throw you off. Looked like you tried to dodge a squirrel or something :D

Thanks for reviewing mine too 👍

2---1'58.126---GTP_MilleRSVR

Another good run!
Congratulations on your Division win too :cheers:
Definitely the best way to come back from a DQ week. Well done 👍

Thanks for reviewing Hydro, and congrats on your podium finish in D3.

Congrats all podiums. 👍

I tried this one a couple of laps and although the BMW was clearly quicker for me it was also obvious that I have lost a lot of pace during the summer. It would be interesting to see some tunes used.

:lol: I knew something must have happened in Dunlop to throw you off. Looked like you tried to dodge a squirrel or something :D

I bet you I'll win the 2011 WRS/PETA award for saving the most squirrels this week including Dunlop and the one on the final turn I narrowly dodged. Nobody else seemed to change their driving lines for them. Don't you guys have any compassion for poor little creatures?

We definitely have some comedians in the group. Funny stuff. How funny would it be to edit in a tiny squirrel in the podium replay video :lol:

I never thanked Kevin, Vaxen, Joost and anyone else who helped with this week's combo. It was awesome and this track went from near the bottom of my list to near the top. I only wish I could have run Fuji a few weeks ago and made the same transition there.

It was a compliment and thats all. I have always thought you are a great driver. I will always think you could always win the D2 division. This time tho I really think you drove exceptional for personal reasons of my own.

If you just think you did your average what you always do every TT performance, I suppose it might not look like I complimented you. Sorry about that.

Sorry Jack, I didn't mean to offend. It was such a glowing compliment I just didn't know whether you were serious or not. I will attempt to be more gracious this time...

Thank you for your kind words Jack. It's very nice of you to highlight my lap as a standout for you - I'm honoured. I think I was somewhat fortunate this week as I am familiar with the track and that powerful RWD cars seem to suit my style more than low powered hatchbacks, and that's a weakness I need to work on. For now though, I will keep my fingers crossed that a BMW M3 GTR is featured every week :sly:!!!

Thank you agan 👍

I bet you I'll win the 2011 WRS/PETA award for saving the most squirrels this week including Dunlop and the one on the final turn I narrowly dodged. Nobody else seemed to change their driving lines for them. Don't you guys have any compassion for poor little creatures?

Double checked your replay, just to be sure...
NrburgringGP_Fcopycopy-1.jpg

You're not joking, something's there.
Zoomed in a bit...

CrazyAudiSquirrel.jpg

;)

Congratulations to all Division and podium winners :cheers:

Special word to SuperSic for winning on his first time and Yanaran for a really close second and for is insight on what to do on track "a la Dan" 👍

A big 👍 👍:cheers:for Carlos and a truly deserved D2 victory - what a magic lap (chased that all week but it didn´t happen :nervous:)

This past weeks had been nice with you, me and Ash changing positions :dopey:

Again some really impressive times for the D3 crew (will not stay there for long) 👍

Big thanks for CSL for his tune, because i had no idea what to do 👍

Always a big thanks to all the WRS "gang" that made this week after week possible (and there goes half a year) but Vaxen, isn´t the Divisons par a little low this week :dopey:?

My "Opel" replay:

Attachments

• GTP_UsualSuspect WRS 28 Replay PAL.rar
    309.3 KB · Views: 14
Double checked your replay, just to be sure...
...You're not joking, something's there.
Zoomed in a bit...

Too funny Hydro. Glad to have you in D3, but sure you won't be here for long with performances like this. And you might get the "Emmy" for funniest WRS post.

A big 👍 👍:cheers:for Carlos and a truly deserved D2 victory - what a magic lap (chased that all week but it didn´t happen :nervous:)

This past weeks had been nice with you, me and Ash changing positions :dopey:

Thanks Joao, you're very kind. And yes it was a fun battle :)

Checked a few replays.:)

3---1'59.006---GTP_bojangles4

1---1'55.943---GTP_Lynx_Can

4---1'57.164---GTP_jimantonic

and

1---1'56.876---GTP_NINE_HUNDRED
rflagnv1.gif

You have the turbo installed as you suspected.

Last edited:
Sorry Jack, I didn't mean to offend. It was such a glowing compliment I just didn't know whether you were serious or not. I will attempt to be more gracious this time...

Thank you for your kind words Jack. It's very nice of you to highlight my lap as a standout for you - I'm honoured. I think I was somewhat fortunate this week as I am familiar with the track and that powerful RWD cars seem to suit my style more than low powered hatchbacks, and that's a weakness I need to work on. For now though, I will keep my fingers crossed that a BMW M3 GTR is featured every week :sly:!!!

Thank you agan 👍

No offense taken at all.

Looking forward to seeing you drive in the podium videos Speedy usually makes.👍

So I remember you saying you knew it was quite obvious which one was best on paper early in the TT and I assume you always drove the BMW. Mind telling how you could tell the BMW was the better car on paper?

I always seem to pick the wrong cars in seasonal TTs at first so any advice of how you went about it so quick would be appreciated.

Looks like mine is the last NTSC that needs checked, if someone could have a look please. Feel free to give tips also 👍

No offense taken at all.

Looking forward to seeing you drive in the podium videos Speedy usually makes.👍

So I remember you saying you knew it was quite obvious which one was best on paper early in the TT and I assume you always drove the BMW. Mind telling how you could tell the BMW was the better car on paper?

I always seem to pick the wrong cars in seasonal TTs at first so any advice of how you went about it so quick would be appreciated.

:) - Quite the opposite in fact. I assumed that the Opel was the best on paper as it had the best power to weight ratio and was the lightest. Less weight should in theory mean better braking, cornering and acceleration. The torque was good as well. I put in 333km on the Opel, before switching to the BMW for a further 298km - I beat my best Opel time in the first 15 minutes in the BMW. Why did I go to the BMW and not the Audi? I think because it was a favourite of mine in GT4...

I did go back to the Opel once, but after the BMW it felt clumsy and I didn't have the inclination to try and make it any better. I tried the Audi and it was somewhere between the two for me so I went back to the BMW (again). I have a lot of confidence in that car/set-up which I think paid dividends in being able commit to full power early through any given bend.

2---1'55.408---GTP_ASH32

All good. There are two spots where I think you lost a little time. You ran quite wide in that tight corner before the Schumacher section and coming out of the final chicane where you had a little wobble. :)

Back