GTP_WRS Week 29: Official Results

• Thread starter Vaxen
  • 66 comments
Ah man, sucks with all the red flags. I better check mine again just to be sure.

Congrats @Argon for the overall win, good to see you up there đź‘Ť

Edit: shared. Half a wheel close entering the first chicane, else the rest should be easy to view.

Last edited:
Jonesy82360
greenflag-gif.152575

monoha
greenflag-gif.152575

GiorgosGT7
greenflag-gif.152575

All good laps đź‘Ť

UPDATE

Having sought second opinions from the admin group the overwhelming decision is to uphold the decision to DQ the laps submitted by MeisterFetz, Nerazzurri_Outla and GTP_Gadget6711 for exceeding track boundaries.

I was happy to accept my DQ, it was a genuine mistake that I missed on all the 8 times I had check that replay! :dunce:

Oh well **** happens! Just gutted because I was very happy with my time which far exceeded what I thought I was capable of & it had been one of the combos I had enjoyed the most!

hirnsauger69
greenflag-gif.152575

GTP_RACECAR
greenflag-gif.152575

Nice clean laps and liveries both đź‘Ť

Thanks for the check, just validates that late decision I made to redo the lap :cheers:

MikeyLCR
greenflag-gif.152575
- Nice lap but wow were you ever close on both the chicanes on Hunandieres :eek:

...and my replay is shared

Watched it and here I thought I was testing the Track limits on my attempt :lol:

Argon56
redflag-gif.152574
- Infringement of vehicle specification

I don't even know how to begin to apologies for this but this morning I discovered that the car I set those times in was under weight by 1%. I had run in a Ring Rats race on Sunday with a manually set BoP and thought I had reset the car back to standard spec but didn't do a very good job as I hadn't put the car all the way back to 100% weight.

I'm so very sorry everyone :nervous:

Ah man Mike :/ that sucks. I was actually thinking about reminding those who joined the IRS race that they should remember to reset weight and setup when going back to the time trial as I was about to make that mistake. But none from the race were doing the time trial, so didn't post anything about it, forgetting that we also used the weight reduction with the Ring Rats :/

Argon56
redflag-gif.152574
- Infringement of vehicle specification

I don't even know how to begin to apologies for this but this morning I discovered that the car I set those times in was under weight by 1%. I had run in a Ring Rats race on Sunday with a manually set BoP and thought I had reset the car back to standard spec but didn't do a very good job as I hadn't put the car all the way back to 100% weight.

I'm so very sorry everyone :nervous:

Mike, your honesty and integrity in regard to this cannot be under-estimated. It is also a great reflection of the operation of the WRS as a whole.

:cheers:

Having just read through the thread, is there anyone left given the number of dq’s. Personally, would it of been better to make everyone submit a replay in this one given that there are so many pitfalls around the track?? I appreciate this may not be a popular idea as obviously a bit more work required on the replay checking, but at least we know we have all times covered and that all are clean laps on the final board.

:gtpflag: Jamie

Having just read through the thread, is there anyone left given the number of dq’s. Personally, would it of been better to make everyone submit a replay in this one given that there are so many pitfalls around the track?? I appreciate this may not be a popular idea as obviously a bit more work required on the replay checking, but at least we know we have all times covered and that all are clean laps on the final board.

:gtpflag: Jamie

I doubt we would ever do that Jamie, the WRS has always founded itself on personal responsibility so whilst it seems like the Admin group are checking that you are doing the right thing in truth we aren't. We're merely providing an environment for self regulation which is one of the things that I personally find so appealing about this group.

If anyone does bend the rules to gain a spot and gets away with it then the only person they are fooling is themselves and eventually they'll get caught out.

After all, we only do this for fun, we don't give out prizes and I would hate to see things get to the point where we didn't respect individual integrity and honesty first.

Sorry if that was a bit like me getting on my soap box but I hope you get what I mean

I doubt we would ever do that Jamie, the WRS has always founded itself on personal responsibility so whilst it seems like the Admin group are checking that you are doing the right thing in truth we aren't. We're merely providing an environment for self regulation which is one of the things that I personally find so appealing about this group.

If anyone does bend the rules to gain a spot and gets away with it then the only person they are fooling is themselves and eventually they'll get caught out.

After all, we only do this for fun, we don't give out prizes and I would hate to see things get to the point where we didn't respect individual integrity and honesty first.

Sorry if that was a bit like me getting on my soap box but I hope you get what I mean

Fair comment your right it’s good the way it is and has always been down the years. My suggestion was not to try and weed out cheats but more for everyone to have a bit of a learning curve as it’s looking obvious a few may of thought they were clean when they weren’t. Then going forward at least people know where they are with boundaries. This track to be honest is a bit of a pig as there are lots of grey areas epspecially if you look at the actual race and the lines taken against the limits we set ourselves. I don’t think as single car in the actual race would of got a clean lap with our limits :D

đź‘Ť Jamie

Fair comment your right it’s good the way it is and has always been down the years. My suggestion was not to try and weed out cheats but more for everyone to have a bit of a learning curve as it’s looking obvious a few may of thought they were clean when they weren’t. Then going forward at least people know where they are with boundaries. This track to be honest is a bit of a pig as there are lots of grey areas epspecially if you look at the actual race and the lines taken against the limits we set ourselves. I don’t think as single car in the actual race would of got a clean lap with our limits :D

đź‘Ť Jamie

I think the majority of DQ’s weren’t a case of not knowing the boundaries, they were just simple oversights when checking our replays. Well that was the case for me anyway!
That being said, I do understand what you’re saying about the actual race it seemed as though their regulations allowed them to use the full width of the tarmac, but our regulations clearly stated our boundaries so there is no excuse really!

WRS in a nutshell. Great explanation dude đź‘Ť

Back