Vehicle Specifics:

• Power: 444 BHP
  • Weight: 1322 KG
  • Driving Aids: Optional
  • Transmission: Optional
  • Tyre Type: R1 / R1
  • Performance Points: 650 PP
  • Tuning: Optional
  • In-Race RA Functions: Optional (if available)

wrs35i.jpg

Race Specifics:

• [*]All hard surfaces are part of the track; Two wheels on track at all time; No wall hitting.
    [*]G25 Clutch is prohibited
    [*]Please,take notice of the invisible walls,take no risk when submitting.
    [*]Use your GTP_Tag

Viewing your T1 & T2 Lap Time Splits:

You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay'.
To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Page' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay' option.

pb060041mt3.jpg

Save best lap / ghost replay icon

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • no contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • if you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • no hybrids
  • no cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • save your best lap/ghost replay

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods
):

• lap time
  • Any information which can be used to infer laptime

The following information can be discussed in this thread
:

• T1 and T2 times
  • Any settings discussion.

The posting of settings is encouraged, but it's certainly not mandatory. We respect anyone wishing not to post settings, so please do not publicly ask someone to post their settings, they will if they want to.
It is however expected for splits to be posted if you're taking part.

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 35 Submission ) to (Vaxen):

• Please submit your time in the following format on a single line:
    [Division#]---M'SS.XXX---GTP_Tag
    (Example-) [division 2]---1'44.678---GTP_Sjaak
  • you can submit only once
  • please include in your submission PM your division, GTP_Tag and final lap time
  • the deadline is Monday 6 July 11:59pm GMT
  • if you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Why Use GMT?:
GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.

Time verification:

Save your ghost replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after the event's deadline:

• Racers, named by the OLR Admin staff, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • when a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of the request
  • failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

wrs35t.jpg

Good luck, :gtplanet:
Sjaak

Last edited:
Looks like a fun combo! I love the BMW Tii 👍

Good luck everyone!

First splits:

Last edited:
Because of the previous combo I was very anxious to learn the contents of the new one, and already anticipated HSR because reverse has only been visited twice before LOL :D also statistics say:

most likely next track: Daytona track (one visit) or Eiger reverse (two visits)
least likely next track: Suzuka full (six visits)

First laps reveil this fast but unreliable-at-the-limit really needs a good setup for a good lap (hint-hint-hint).

Splits to run over:

Good work Sjaak 👍

T1 - 29.485

T2 - umm.. soz I forgot. But I think it was better than sectors 1 and 3 so based on Sabri's split around 50.1xx

I won about 0'00.300 through tuning, though my "stock lap" was near perfect while I think I can do better with the tuned car.

My settings, in a nutshell, was min. ride height, slightly increased spring and damper rates and turning up the brakes to 8 at front and rear.

However I have no idea how to best tune a car in Gran Turismo so I doubt this is perfect.

I'll post proper splits next time I improve so they can be put on the leaderboard.

Last edited:
I'm new to WRS, and this combo looks good fun, and a good entry-level one for me!

I'll post my splits shortly.

T1 - 29.485

T2 - umm.. soz I forgot. But I think it was better than sectors 1 and 3 so based on Sabri's split around 50.1xx

I won about 0'00.300 through tuning, though my "stock lap" was near perfect while I think I can do better with the tuned car.

My settings, in a nutshell, was min. ride height, slightly increased spring and damper rates and turning up the brakes to 8 at front and rear.

However I have no idea how to best tune a car in Gran Turismo so I doubt this is perfect.

I'll post proper splits next time I improve so they can be put on the leaderboard.

Hi Chris, welcome to WRS :cheers:

Just some friendly advice about the etiquette for posting here:

1) Instead of posting two things immediately after each other, just use the "Edit" button to add to your original post.

2) When posting splits, for the purposes of the leaderboard that is painstakingly maintained by the folks here, make sure times are posted in full e.g 50.123, not 50.1xx. If you need to check your times/replay again, then it's better to do that than post ambiguous split times.

Once again, please take this as a nudge in the right direction, not any attempt to belittle or embarrass. We really do appreciate having more WRS competitors.

Look forward to racing with you mate, welcome again 👍

All the best
Maz

Got some laps in, but need to spend a little time with tuning.:D

Last edited:
First splits with a 'thrown together' tune, not too bad but lots of room for improvement in both the set up and splits:

T1 29.167
T2 49.603

Just a meaningless mistake on my time transfer to luxy, xx.089 not xx.098:D

Thanks Bigracer :cheers:

Found a sweet spot in my tune, a little more to be had.

Huge gains at the line from previous splits :D

Last edited:
Understanding the tuning part of the game better now, and I've improved my split times and total time 👍

New splits are:
0'29.094
0'49.588

I think I could improve overall on the track but I feel that I'm not really doing well in the S-turn in sector 2. Anyone got any tips to share? :)

... and nice splits zed! Great improvements!

Hi Chris, welcome to WRS :cheers:

Just some friendly advice about the etiquette for posting here:

1) Instead of posting two things immediately after each other, just use the "Edit" button to add to your original post.

2) When posting splits, for the purposes of the leaderboard that is painstakingly maintained by the folks here, make sure times are posted in full e.g 50.123, not 50.1xx. If you need to check your times/replay again, then it's better to do that than post ambiguous split times.

Once again, please take this as a nudge in the right direction, not any attempt to belittle or embarrass. We really do appreciate having more WRS competitors.

Look forward to racing with you mate, welcome again 👍

All the best
Maz

Thanks for the feedback

On your two points:

1) I did know this but I was in a hurry and must have just looked down the left hand column and thought "sponsors" was a post. Sorry, won't happen again.

2) Thanks, now I know!

New splits:

If anyone would give me some setup tips that would be great, because my lap wasn't that bad - I don't think I'm capable of improving each split by more than a tenth, so it must be the setup.

Small improvement.

T1: 28.905
T2: 48.908

That is some sweet spot you found Zed. Very good splits.

New splits:

T1: 0'29.178
T2: 0'49.334

Worse T1 time, better T2 time and a good improvement at lap time 👍

Back