Hotlap Event in Free Run

p8290032.jpg

Corvette ZO6/Tuned

pb060051.jpg

Suzuka

p8290042.jpg

Steward's Comments:

A popular event this week.

Special mention to Carl for the overall win, and to Synwraith for also breaking into the 52's.

Cheers,

OLR Team.

Important notice:
To streamline the WRS administration process, all required replays for this race must be submitted within 7 days. This thread will be listed as "Unofficial" and will become "Official" once all posted replays have been verified. After 7 days, all drivers who fail to provide a requested replay will have their lap disqualified. (Beware, disqualification isn't taken lightly within the WRS)

Replay Verification Requests:
This week we would like to see all podium replays for verification. All replays are to be posted here.

Instructions on how to upload your replay can be found here - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3180607&postcount=2

Division 1:

1---1'53.030---GTP_Animera
gflagjn4.gif

Division 2:

1---1'52.798---GTP_CarlPKY
gflagjn4.gif

2---1'52.944---GTP_Synwraith
gflagjn4.gif

3---1'53.111---GTP_Paulie
gflagjn4.gif

4---1'53.473---GTP_theewar
5---1'53.967---GTP_Cohiba100
6---1'54.244---GTP_LinPark
7---1'54.246---GTP_EDK
8---1'55.364---GTP_wotzit07

Division 3:

1---1'54.565---GTP_Junkyardspec
gflagjn4.gif

2---1'54.669---GTP_Sureshot
gflagjn4.gif

3---1'54.720---GTP_Vipond
gflagjn4.gif

4---1'54.744---GTP_grevling
5---1'54.813---GTP_Nuclearfire
6---1'54.836---GTP_chrisbgt
7---1'55.003---GTP_01GTP
8---1'56.212---GTP_balang_479
9---1'56.376---GTP_MadMax86
10---1'56.560---GTP_Lagas
11--1'56.658---GTP_demond

Division 4:

1---1'56.456---GTP_Rodney
gflagjn4.gif

2---1'57.542---GTP_DGiant2000
gflagjn4.gif

3---1'58.594---GTP_CAMikaze
gflagjn4.gif

4---1'59.776---GTP_Steven

p8290024.jpg

Overall Results:

1---1'52.798---GTP_CarlPKY
2---1'52.944---GTP_Synwraith
3---1'53.030---GTP_Animera
4---1'53.111---GTP_Paulie
5---1'53.473---GTP_theewar
6---1'53.967---GTP_Cohiba100
7---1'54.244---GTP_LinPark
8---1'54.246---GTP_EDK
9---1'54.565---GTP_Junkyardspec
10--1'54.669---GTP_Sureshot
11--1'54.720---GTP_Vipond
12--1'54.744---GTP_grevling
13--1'54.813---GTP_Nuclearfire
14--1'54.836---GTP_chrisbgt
15--1'55.003---GTP_01GTP
16--1'55.364---GTP_wotzit07
17--1'56.212---GTP_balang_479
18--1'56.376---GTP_MadMax86
19--1'56.456---GTP_Rodney
20--1'56.560---GTP_Lagas
21--1'56.658---GTP_demond
22--1'57.542---GTP_DGiant2000
23--1'58.594---GTP_CAMikaze
24--1'59.776---GTP_Steven

gflagjn4.gif
shows that the replay has been posted and verified.
rflagnv1.gif
shows that the submitted lap turned out to be dirty or doubtful.
bflagtp3.gif
shows that the replay has not been provided in due time.

Replay Checking:

1. It is customary for all participants of the WRS to verify each others submitted replays
  2. Once you have checked the replay, post in this thread to say that you have checked it and whether it's clean, dirty or doesn't meet the required race specifications
  3. When verifying a replay, check against this weeks race specification, check that the tyres are the correct compound and that the power and weight is correct for example
  4. If you are unsure about a replay, always seek a second opinion before posting

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations to all the competitors this week, and all the podium finishers :cheers: Some great laps as usual throughout the divisions, and close competition going on in all divisions as well.

This is one of my favorite cars in the game, at my favorite track, and I'm thrilled to have been able to put in a winning effort with it.

Special congratulations to Synwraith for a great sub 1'53 lap time as well as Paulie for providing all the competitors with a great tune for this car. I don't know what I would have done without that tune 👍

Here's my replay (PAL):

Attachments

• 1'52.798.zip
    113.1 KB · Views: 18
Well done to all podiums, and especially to Carl for a really spectacular lap.
GTP_CarlPKY
gflagjn4.gif
- Simply superb to watch Carl.
I'm sure we'll be seeing some promotions soon.
Here is my replay.

Attachments

• GTP_Animera_WRS_44.zip
    111.9 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Congrats too Carl and all podiums. My goal for this week was to be within one second of Maz or to do a 1'53 lap, preferably both. I managed one at least and was not far from the other. I lost almost all my time to T1. It would be very interesting to see a video replay from one of the faster guys to see how it's supposed to be done. I can't use the replays since I'm using the downloaded version.

I'll post replay when I'm sober. Congratulations to all the podium winners. What a great race :)

👍

I didn't think my T3 was THAT slow.:lol: Nice work fellas, especially Carl.:cheers:

My replay is on its way one day.

Sorry for the not submitting my time guys. I was about to submit, but then decided to double check my replay once more and was unsure about Casio. So I played it safe and skipped the submission.

Huge congrats to Carl on an absolutely tremendous lap, very well done! Many congrats to all the podiums as well! :cheers:

I can only repeat what I said in the actual WRS 44 thread itself when I submitted, the kind of perfection required in spoon 2 to achieve a sub 1'31 T2 and as such a decent 1'52 was intensely hard to nail. Carl had two laps which would have won this week's WRS and as such is worthy of all the praise and congratulations we can muster :bowdown:

It is incredibly frightening though that both Carl and I dipped below the 1'53 barrier and beat all the D1 competitors this week, submitted or not, and yet there are those which are running 1'52.2s and 1'52.3s! FAK's lap can be seen here www.gtdb.net

Congratulations to Rodney and to Junkyardspec, winning at this combo is something to be very proud of. A great car and the best track 👍 Mega laps also from Animera, Paulie and Warren.

@Thomas: Any reason why you were aiming within 1 sec of my time in particular? Also, Zabeu seemed to think that despite your downloaded copy you should still be able to access gtdb.net replays. Carl, FAK and ziqqer have awesome Vette laps up there 👍

I didn't go with the TLD tune, I used a tune by FAK altered for 800PP and called it T&L as "own" looked funny on the leaderboard. Further modications from the man himself helped me slice a couple of tenths off in T1 but to no overall avail. I found running with 20/30 aero and -3 power made the car far too unstable and uncomfortable. Running at 20/33 still allowed me to hit great times in sector 1 and 3 with just spoon 2 dragging me down due to my own lack of talent on all but one occasion :lol:

Replay this evening 👍

All the best
Maz

@Thomas: Any reason why you were aiming within 1 sec of my time in particular? Also, Zabeu seemed to think that despite your downloaded copy you should still be able to access gtdb.net replays. Carl, FAK and ziqqer have awesome Vette laps up there 👍

I didn't go with the TLD tune, I used a tune by FAK altered for 800PP and called it T&L as "own" looked funny on the leaderboard. Further modications from the man himself helped me slice a couple of tenths off in T1 but to no overall avail. I found running with 20/30 aero and -3 power made the car far too unstable and uncomfortable. Running at 20/33 still allowed me to hit great times in sector 1 and 3 with just spoon 2 dragging me down due to my own lack of talent on all but one occasion :lol:

Replay this evening 👍

All the best
Maz

Well I've seen the kind of improvement you have made since changing over to a wheel and also the laptimes for the S2000 so it seemed like a good and achievable goal.

I used the FAK tune with the exact same aero and power as you. Changed the camber to 1,2/0,6 though. It would be interesting to see what kind of errors I made you go 7/10 quicker to T1 alone.

I think that what Zabeu meant was that I can upload my replays and it will be listed but I won't be able to use any downloaded replays since they are different formats.

Wasn't expecting 2nd in the Division, especially with Phil's posted splits. Well done to all, oh and get Carl in D1 ;)

Well done to all, oh and get Carl in D1 ;)

DITTO! The guy has podium'ed like 8 weeks in a row and has now won WRS 44 outright. OUTSTANDING Carl!!!!!

Hoping to commit some time to this myself over the next few weeks to see if I can't move up the Div 2 ladder a bit - I've been sitting at the bottom of it for far too long these days. :lol:

Here's my replay 👍

All the best
Maz

Attachments

• BCES00104-RPLY2-B-C04A4704005.zip
    117.9 KB · Views: 17
Best WRS week so far, just really fun to drivew a great car on my favourite track.

Irritatingly, soon after submitting I did a 10 lap online race for fun and my best lap would have got me a podium. But well done to everyone who nailed the lap when it counts.

Thanks to the organisers, and Paulie for the great tune :-)

Didn't get chance to run this one as I was in Moscow for a long weekend partying with a couple of old friends... but having run plenty of laps in the Vette previously I know Carl's time is a great one... Congrats on your first WRS victory 👍

That was a pretty bad time, hopefully next round i'll do a little better.

Congrats to the podium positions, super fast times.

Congrats to all podiums and winners, shame I was tired and overslept and missed the submitting time that was a silver in the pocket :ouch: 1'56.6xx

Thanks to everyone for the kind words--if you could see me, I'm quite literally blushing now :embarrassed: I know it's sometimes looked down upon to discuss how much time we put into these combos, but I think it might be good in this case to tell everyone that I'm quite sure I spent at least 7 or 8 hours on this combo, and I wound up with only about 4 or 5 sub '53 laps. I just managed to put it all together for once, and not choke when I saw my T2 time pop up :)

Again, congratulations to everyone who competed this week. This car may be "easier" to drive than the S2000 and GTLM, but it's quite difficult to put in a clean fast lap, so :cheers: to everyone who did this week.

And Maz, we were only .150 apart this week, and Ian and Paulie were very close in the running as well, so :cheers: all around this week 👍

My replay attached.

That's the stupidly long name, so you need to chuck it in PS3>SAVEDATA before putting it on your PS3. Sorry to be a PITA.

Attachments

• GTP_Sureshot WRS Week 44.zip
    112.7 KB · Views: 15
Man what a thing to see! I was NOT expecting to win my division. I got that time 20minutes before closing bell.

Last edited:
Sorry I know Degner 2 is close, but I'm sure it's clean.

Attachments

• GTP_Vipond WRS 44.zip
    114.2 KB · Views: 14
Thanks to everyone for the kind words--if you could see me, I'm quite literally blushing now :embarrassed: I know it's sometimes looked down upon to discuss how much time we put into these combos, but I think it might be good in this case to tell everyone that I'm quite sure I spent at least 7 or 8 hours on this combo, and I wound up with only about 4 or 5 sub '53 laps. I just managed to put it all together for once, and not choke when I saw my T2 time pop up :)

I think that's absolutely fine Carl, it's more when people say they spent 5 minutes on it that rankles with some. I also spent that many hours on it, not to mention I was running 800PP before the WRS was announced so I had plenty of practise. I only managed a single sub 53 lap so you really were well ahead of the rest of us this week 👍

Again, congratulations to everyone who competed this week. This car may be "easier" to drive than the S2000 and GTLM, but it's quite difficult to put in a clean fast lap, so :cheers: to everyone who did this week.

To be honest I actually think the Vette is harder to get a good lap out of than the S2000, by a long way. The Corvette gave me untold trouble in the Dunlop, esses and Spoon but was comfortable in Degner and Casio, I find the S2k to be the opposite (nice in esses, Dunlop and Spoon, horrific in Degner and Casio) and as a result far easier to get 1'52s in, which I managed 5 of yesterday in some hotlap runs.

All the best
Maz

Since its been a while since my last post, my replay will be here.

Attachments

• BCUS98158-RPLY2-B-C04A4704001.rar
    114.5 KB · Views: 16
Agreed
Nice driving too!

GTP_Junkyardspec
gflagjn4.gif

Well done.
I like the little wiggle at the end. :)

Haha, thanks! That was me pumping my fist in the air because i finally got a good lap.

Thanks for checking my replay Ian 👍

GTP_Animera--Red Corvette/Correct specs/Clean and Green
gflagjn4.gif

Excellent lap 👍

GTP_Synwraith--Yellow Corvette/Correct specs/Clean and Green
gflagjn4.gif

Outstanding lap--a pleasure to watch 👍

GTP_Sureshot--Silver Corvette/Correct specs/Clean and Green
gflagjn4.gif

Excellent lap 👍 A bit wide at Dunlop, but you kept your foot on the gas and put in a podium lap which is not easily done--outstanding :cheers:

Back