GTP_WRS Week 48 : Gee Tee Forty

• Thread starter Argon
  • 213 comments

Am I the only one who has trouble keeping it full throttle when approaching the last corner? So many times the car starts drifting or I'm unable to catch the rumbles on the right side and go wide (or it unsettles the car). I lost a . 1 6 2 T2 on my lap after the above splits for that very reason. :banghead::banghead::banghead::mad:

Can't wait to get back at this when I return from church!

Am I the only one who has trouble keeping it full throttle when approaching the last corner? So many times the car starts drifting or I'm unable to catch the rumbles on the right side and go wide (or it unsettles the car). I lost a . 1 6 2 T2 on my lap after the above splits for that very reason. :banghead::banghead::banghead::mad:

Can't wait to get back at this when I return from church!
Usually the rumbles help with grip on the last turn, although I use first there for right now

Usually the rumbles help with grip on the last turn, although I use first there for right now
I'm talking about turn 11 apparently its called Mergulho

93897055.png

url

.....I still have not made using 2nd gear in the final corner faster. I need to review Ron's notes and compare to my replays to see what I'm doing wrong.

The only time I can manage 2nd at Turn 12 (or 13?) is when I start a new lap :lol:. I'm either coming in way to hot and overrun the corner or I'm way to slow. I haven't found that happy medium as yet. Though it is funny to see your ghost shoot past you in 1st gear and to then see the car 'rock' as it changes into 2nd....

EDIT: To clarify from my end, I'm referring Junção.

Last edited:
Sorry guys 2nd seemed to work better for me :odd: It's simple though.. use whatever gear gets you to the line quicker :P:tup:

GL guys :cheers:

Nothing to be sorry about Mr P! It is fantastic that you are able to do this. For me, it then becomes a great challenge to be able to hit this corner correctly, to carry the speed through it and then onto the final straight. Getting (any) tips from you fast guys is invaluable. It helps us that are located toward the bottom of the ladder get a better understanding of what is required to be become better ourselves. You provide the window on how to do it, we need to put that information into practice. Not being able to hit that corner in second and then to carry the momentum through it shows me that I still have a ways to go.

Greatly appreciate the guide you posted on p3, it really helps.

:cheers:

Nothing to be sorry about Mr P! It is fantastic that you are able to do this. For me, it then becomes a great challenge to be able to hit this corner correctly, to carry the speed through it and then onto the final straight. Getting (any) tips from you fast guys is invaluable. It helps us that are located toward the bottom of the ladder get a better understanding of what is required to be become better ourselves. You provide the window on how to do it, we need to put that information into practice. Not being able to hit that corner in second and then to carry the momentum through it shows me that I still have a ways to go.

Greatly appreciate the guide you posted on p3, it really helps.

It all really comes down to personal preference and what you are comfortable with, with the car at hand, not all fast guys do the same thing...

@suprajef, I appreciate that. Many of things are done differently. I just didn't want my earlier comments of my inability to be able to get through Turn 12 (or 13) in 2nd to seem as disrespect for what others can do.

I took no offence mate.. I have been using 2nd on that turn after T2 since my first attempts, so maybe I need to look into that exit gear and speed also? I may have convinced myself too early that it was the fastest to the line 👍

Has anyone crossed the start line faster than 155mph taking turn 12 in 1st gear? or maybe it's the same? :dopey:... :lol:👍

I took no offence mate.. I have been using 2nd on that turn after T2 since my first attempts, so maybe I need to look into that exit gear and speed also? I may have convinced myself too early that it was the fastest to the line 👍

Has anyone crossed the start line faster than 155mph taking turn 12 in 1st gear? or maybe it's the same? :dopey:... :lol:👍

My guess is that you are spot on in that turn 12.
For me first or second gear doesn't make difference for the speed on s/f, but I allways brake to late so I cant carry enough exit speed for second gear.
This is a typical corner where you can make the difference :lol:

I lost a little in the first 2 sectors but the last sector was a new PB.

Has anyone crossed the start line faster than 155mph taking turn 12 in 1st gear? or maybe it's the same?
I'm able to reach 155 at the S/F line using 1st, not sure I've crossed it faster than that. I think you are right, it may not be that big of a difference other than personal preference. Regardless, the detailed help you gave is greatly appreciated and has helped me go faster. :bowdown:👍

Back