gtpdk9.jpg

Week 54 : Winged (Samurai) Warriors

IMG_1021.jpg
IMG_1021.jpg

aapb210044py0.jpg

Road Course - Daytona

aaaaaapb210084qg2.jpg

Steward's Comments:

Many of the usual suspects made an appearance at the top of the divisional boards this week. Division 3 was especially competitive. Congrats to GTP_grevling for eking out the win.

Cheers,

OLR Team.

Important notice:
To streamline the WRS administration process, all required replays for this race must be submitted within 7 days. This thread will be listed as "Unofficial" and will become "Official" once all posted replays have been verified. After 7 days, all drivers who fail to provide a requested replay will have their lap disqualified. (Beware, disqualification isn't taken lightly within the WRS)

Replay Verification Requests:
This week we would like to see all podium replays for verification. All replays are to be posted here.

Instructions on how to upload your replay can be found here - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3180607&postcount=2

Division 1:

1---1'44.157---GTP_DHolland
gflagjn4.gif

2---1'44.549---GTP_timeattack
gflagjn4.gif

3---1'44.866---GTP_DEVIE
gflagjn4.gif

4---1'45.085---GTP_spyrrari1
5---1'45.129---GTP_RudiRaser
gflagjn4.gif

6---1'45.245---GTP_Animera
7---1'45.597---GTP_Aderrrm
8---1'46.410---GTP_clacksman

Division 2:

1---1'45.854---GTP_zed300
gflagjn4.gif

2---1'45.991---GTP_Cohiba100
gflagjn4.gif

3---1'46.154---GTP_EDK
gflagjn4.gif

4---1'46.532---GTP_CRAZYTORTISE
5---1'46.640---GTP_LinPark
6---1'46.799---GTP_VEXD
7---1'48.624---GTP_MaxAttack

Division 3:

1---1'46.352---GTP_grevling
gflagjn4.gif

2---1'46.522---GTP_Crispy74
gflagjn4.gif

3---1'46.533---GTP_Nuclearfire
gflagjn4.gif

4---1'47.132---GTP_01GTP
5---1'50.269---GTP_OnlyMe

Division 4:

1---1'47.055---GTP_DGiant2000
gflagjn4.gif

2---1'48.847---GTP_Andy2125
gflagjn4.gif

3---1'59.951---GTP_Vuduegg
bflagtp3.gif
(Incorrect Lap Time, correct replay not provided)

IMG_1011.jpg

Overall Results:

1---1'44.157---GTP_DHolland
2---1'44.549---GTP_timeattack
3---1'44.866---GTP_DEVIE
4---1'45.085---GTP_spyrrari1
5---1'45.129---GTP_RudiRaser
6---1'45.245---GTP_Animera
7---1'45.597---GTP_Aderrrm
8---1'45.854---GTP_zed300
9---1'45.991---GTP_Cohiba100
10--1'46.154---GTP_EDK
11--1'46.352---GTP_grevling
12--1'46.410---GTP_clacksman
13--1'46.522---GTP_Crispy74
14--1'46.532---GTP_CRAZYTORTISE
15--1'46.533---GTP_Nuclearfire
16--1'46.640---GTP_LinPark
17--1'46.799---GTP_VEXD
18--1'47.055---GTP_DGiant2000
19--1'47.132---GTP_01GTP
20--1'48.624---GTP_MaxAttack
21--1'48.847---GTP_Andy2125
22--1'50.269---GTP_OnlyMe
23--1'59.951---GTP_Vuduegg

gflagjn4.gif
shows that the replay has been posted and verified.
rflagnv1.gif
shows that the submitted lap turned out to be dirty or doubtful.
bflagtp3.gif
shows that the replay has not been provided in due time.

Replay Checking:

1. It is customary for all participants of the WRS to verify each others submitted replays
  2. Once you have checked the replay, post in this thread to say that you have checked it and whether it's clean, dirty or doesn't meet the required race specifications
  3. When verifying a replay, check against this weeks race specification, check that the tyres are the correct compound and that the power and weight is correct for example
  4. If you are unsure about a replay, always seek a second opinion before posting

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats to all podiums especially my Div 2 brethren - my goal was to reach into the 1'45s but my arm injury made sure that didn't happen. Its healing up nicely though so maybe in a few weeks I'll be back pushing you guys a little harder.

Sweet time from Dan - I was sure he was into the 1'43s (I think you gave up too soon :lol: ). And once again the delineation between Div 1 and everyone else is so very clear.

Congratulations to all participants 👍

Was a tricky combo, trying to keep the backside in check at all hairpins was just a little bit too frustrating for me.
I could see time on the track all over the place when I watched my replay back, but I didn't have the patience to go and get it.

Good going all those who persevered! Once I broke the 46's with a clean lap (it happened all of a sudden) I just stopped.

Either I'm getting old, or my lust for the game is dwindling... It's supposed to be fun, right? :mischievous:

Anyways, well done all of you, some awesome times there, I am proud to be a part of this race series, as I have been, on and off, since the days of GT3, but I'm pretty sure I'm in the wrong division.....

:dopey:👍

That was an unbelievable combo,i really enjoyed myself even through some of the frustration trying to nail 1 perfect lap. As you will see in my replay,there are a few points i lose valuable time,but i am very pleased with my result. Its been a while since i was so edgy to see the results. I dont think anyone knew accurately what the results would reveal due to the bus-stop exit being so critical. Congratulations to all competitors especially Dan and Timeattack. Truly amazing times from you guys. Hopefully i can join you guys in D1 Gold some time soon. Thankyou to all involved in making this happen. Steve. :)

ps. I will post replay a little later 👍

:guilty: sigh. I'm actually Division 1. I typo'd in the PM (just checked).

Remaining noob mistakes: 748329.4

:dunce:

edit: dark blue outside the top ten wouldn't look good anyway.

Congrats to everyone who took part this week, especially Dan for an absolutely dominating win :cheers: Everyone who competed this week should be compended for putting in the effort, as this was probably one of the most difficult and frustrating combos that could have possibly been chosen...and it seemed like a few WRS regulars turned their heads away in intimidation :lol: You have to look on the bright side as these difficult TT's will only help to improve everyones driving and skills who take part 👍

This car is challenging enough on most circuits, but here at DR it is especially challengin trying to put in a proper lap with a quick bus stop exit...then you add in the fact that if you make a mistake you must do an entire (almost 2' minute lap) lap just to get back around, which can be extremely irritating if you're trying to nail that ideal lap.

I was hoping for another 2 or 3 tenths but just couldn't tie everything together in the limited and frustrating time I spent on this combo...but I'm quite happy with 2nd overall, as I would have most likely had nothing for Dan regardless :lol:

I'll post my replay in a little bit 👍

Awesome run through the bus stop Dan...especially that exit :bowdown: 106 views already!? :lol: The bus stop at DR is something I really need to work on in this game :dopey:

Although I hope PD makes it more of a penalty/danger to ride the grass and curbing in GT5...as what you can get away with in Prolouge is a bit far fetched in reality.

Congrats to all the winners, here is my replay:

Attachments

• GTP Nuclearfire WRS week 54.zip
    132.1 KB · Views: 10
Congrats to all the winners and podiums. Great overall win, and a great looking lap, Dan. 👍

Thanks to all the the participants as well, for a really nice turnout on a challenging week. :)

My replay is attached, in NTSC format this week.

Also checked the one posted replay.

GTP_Nuclearfire
gflagjn4.gif

Great run, really smooth and controlled, with 3rd gear used in the hairpins. Nice run through the bus stop, not even any close spots.

:cheers:
Kevin

Attachments

• PS3.zip
    128.1 KB · Views: 9
Man, I really thought I had a chance of my first divisional win this week. :grumpy:;)

Congrats to all podiums, especially to Jeff. :cheers: Is this your first divisional win?

Checking Dan's video I can at least say that I'm using the correct lines more or less. It's only the small matter of speed... It is quite beyond me how anyone can get through the bus stop at that pace.

Last edited:
EDK
GTP_Nuclearfire
gflagjn4.gif

Great run, really smooth and controlled, with 3rd gear used in the hairpins. Nice run through the bus stop, not even any close spots.

:cheers:
Kevin

Thanks for checking my replay,

GTP_EDK's replay is clean and green
gflagjn4.gif

Also a really smooth lap 👍

Congrats to all podiums:tup:
Well done to all that persued a decent lap this week. It was far from easy.
What a day, I secured a rental propert that is extremely appropiate for my circumstances, and to come home to a division win is a bonus.:D

Man, I really thought I had a chance of my first divisional win this week. :grumpy:;)
I thought it was yours too:lol:

Congrats to all podiums, especially to Jeff. :cheers: Is this your first divisional win?
I had one in D3 by default from another driver.👎 so as it does count,.. It doesn't rank with an out right win.

Checking Dan's video I can at least say that I'm using the correct lines more or less. It's only the small matter of speed... It is quite beyond me how anyone can get through the bus stop at that pace.
I agree totally... amazing the speed you carry through the entry Dan :drool:

Attachments

• GTP_zed300 WRS Week54.zip
    129.3 KB · Views: 10
Great laptimes. Well done to all podiums 👍

I shied away after a few tries and never got back to it ... better luck this week.

To Devie - thanks for the compliment but it's really Kevin and Dan you should thank. I'm just the numbers guy :)

To Devie - thanks for the compliment but it's really Kevin and Dan you should thank. I'm just the numbers guy :)

I think he did Steven...His name is also Steven and he closed of his post with his own name...:sly:....

Congrats to all !!
Amazing busstop run Daniel...but also soooo close to being off track on the entry:scared::scared:....well done:tup:

spyrrari.

Bugger, I forgot to submit my time. Although I would have been last anyway as I was fixed to the bottom on the leaderboard. Only got to do about 10 laps as I was away all weekend at a rally. Bit busy this week so I may miss out on this weeks but will be having a go if I get the chance.

Good job to everyone, it was a very demanding week. 👍

I was very close to Animera's T1 T2 and T3 times if they were the times beloning to the lap that he submitted. It's just a shame I was very cautious through the bustop :nervous:

I've got my replay on my computer but I'm not sure how to get it onto the forums in a post. Any help? :D

Does this work?

Attachments

• GTP_Aderrrm WRS Week 54.rar
    8.6 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Congratulations to all podiums :cheers: Shame that D4 was a bit under-represented this week but I was pleased with my time nonetheless. Replay attached

Attachments

• PS3.zip
    126.2 KB · Views: 9
Congrats to all the podiums :cheers: Good job guys. Only wish I had more time to do this one :ouch: On to next weeks in full force :D

Here's my replay.

Standard info. You will need the download version of the game to be able to review it.

I went into a gameshop today to see if I could pick up a copy of the BR version cheap to avoid this. They had one used game and the price was €60... I passed.

Video. Seems like something went a bit wrong in the upload so it's half speed. At least on my computer. Makes it easier to check though.

Attachments

• WRS 54 GTP_Cohiba100.zip
    130.7 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Around 5 hours to race this combo was enough for me. :dunce: But was still a nice one. 👍

And my replay. :)

Attachments

• Rudi WRS 54 - S2000 @ Daytona 1.45,129.zip
    121.5 KB · Views: 8
Congrats to all participants this week, was definately a tricky one 👍

Here's my replay,

Attachments

• WRS Week 54 Replay.zip
    109.6 KB · Views: 9
Here is my very untidy lap. Im quite suprised i got a 1'44.866 with missing apexes and wheelspinning in the first corner. Had fun anyway.

Attachments

• WRS_54 1'44.866.zip
    129.3 KB · Views: 9
Here's mine. Not sure why my PSN ID didn't show up on this lap...first time I've had that happen :odd:

Also, the entry to the bus stop was a bit close in terms of being clean. I can provide a freeze shot if needed...already took it but haven't uploaded to my computer yet. Judging by the picture I took I was clean by a about a 1 foot or more. Just thought I'd give a heads up regarding that 👍

Attachments

• PS3.zip
    129.7 KB · Views: 9
Back