GTP_WRS Week 77: Official Results

• Thread starter Vaxen
  • 44 comments
Yea that all makes complete sense. I didn't want to ask too many questions in my first week as I had no idea whether I would even be submitting times or if they would be competitive, so didn't want to waste anyone's time.

In the replay all 4 wheels are either on the grass or on the orange striped bit. I assumed it was fine because it is still the same underlying rumble strip but yea slightly ambiguous. If I ran that wide I'd spin out anyway so made no difference to me ;)

If I'm unsure next time I'll ask ahead of time now I have a bit more of a feel for how it works.

Alright I will use capital letters like a good boy.. I am under the impression though that there was a misunderstanding about the 'r' and the 'd/' which is how the actual numbers are designated.. Because rereading my post, I find my grammar decent.. or is it... Please bear in mind that everybody isn't necessarily a native English speaker. Thanks again for all the explaining, helping out, and simply having me here.
Right, the r and the d are actually what I was referring to in my response. The r is your numeric division placement for the week. The d is how that relates to your handicap in the registry, with your division number listed. In your case, since you are an unplaced rookie, you do not have handicap, so you have 0.000 as compared to your division placement.

As for the grammar ask, I already quoted another of your posts that was not fully capitalized, so I am generally understanding and try not to be the letter of the law grammar police.

But when you also began to avoid using basic punctuation, I had to draw the line somewhere.

Try using caps, try using end of sentence punctuation.

This post was much better, so thank you. 👍

GTP_DTM
greenflag-gif.152575

Mysteron71
greenflag-gif.152575

mattinahat99
greenflag-gif.152575

Great job gents.

@DTM watched yours and a few other replays. Main thing I picked up is momentum. I'm way too aggressive I think and need to focus on finding a line that doesn't make me slam brakes on etc so I can keep momentum going throughout

No I wont be racing this one will come back in a few weeks maybe.. have fun 👍

Ok see you then 👍

GTP_DTM
greenflag-gif.152575

Mysteron71
greenflag-gif.152575

mattinahat99
greenflag-gif.152575

Great job gents.

Thnx fot checking :cheers:

@DTM watched yours and a few other replays. Main thing I picked up is momentum. I'm way too aggressive I think and need to focus on finding a line that doesn't make me slam brakes on etc so I can keep momentum going throughout

Checked yours too. And saw things you can improve quit easily on. Altho it's hard sometimes to get those old habits out the way.

First of all use all the track and I mean the wideness of it. You leave out a lot of track. Using all the track, make the radius of the corner smaller or bigger however you want to name it, what I'm trying to say you it will straighten up your line and you can maintain higher speed. I see you want to go to the outside at the entry of a corner but your doing it to late. The momentum comes into place at that point, what your talking about. Specially with this old car and soften spring (basically like all street cars). It's called weight shifting. The corner ahead is to the left for example and you go to the right at the last moment just before to have to break and turn to the left. The car shift his own weight from one side to the other, that's doesn't really help. And another importing is, slow in fast out, especially with longer straights after the corner and the longer the straight the more important it is because you carry all that speed all the way that straight. Perfect example is the first part of the last sector. You lift the throttle let the car coast through the first bend and picked up throttle the moment it could. That win you some time at the first 50 meter or so but the next 500 meter (or how long it is till the final corner, anyway longer then than that your coasting part) you suffer speed all the way. Compare you own replay and pick a reference point and note your speed then watch mine for example and see what speed I'm doing. Best 2 reference point I would see is the first apex of the last sector and the last one. You will see you faster at the first but on that last you slower.

Hope it will help you :cheers:

DTM
Hope it will help you :cheers:
Yes that absolutely helps. Very useful information. Thanks for spending the time on that. Much appreciated.
I watched a video last night and it said similar things... Essentially try and go as straight as possible as much as possible. Make the turning as shallow as possible by using more of the track and not turning and braking as sharply to keep momentum up etc.
I'll be using your replay as a guide a lot I think :)

Yes that absolutely helps. Very useful information. Thanks for spending the time on that. Much appreciated.
I watched a video last night and it said similar things... Essentially try and go as straight as possible as much as possible. Make the turning as shallow as possible by using more of the track and not turning and braking as sharply to keep momentum up etc.

Your welcome

Try to line your car before the corner. Most of the times you have plenty of time. And don’t go to the other side of the track immediately to line up your car. You want to scrub of pace as least as possible. On this track the run to the hairpin in T2 is pretty long so move over to the right slowly but in time that you don’t have to move to the outside anymore before breaking and turning in. Talking about the hairpin eat that inside curb instead of driving around it in a wide line. 👍

I think you would benefit a lot from using cone markers, you can enable that in driving options before entering the track. Always try to be as close to the cones as possible, note that on entry 2 cones is approximately where you will want to start braking and 1 cone is the point where you should turn in. They are usually not the absolute fastest line but they are definitely a great start.
Also be sure to look into the circuit experience mode in the career part of the game, good way to learn tracks while making easy money and getting race cars rewards.

Back