GTP_WRS Week 97: SwivelZuka

• Thread starter MadMax
  • 145 comments
I sympathise with you mate....I couldn't get any consistency through turns 1 and 2 yesterday...sometimes I could brake into 1, accelerate slightly before braking again for 2... other times I'd brake so deep into 1 that I had to stay off the throttle all the way to turn 2 entry.

@nursemorph if you are unsure what the proper racing line is for this track is you can take a look at videos from past events in the archive.

I would have went crazy during my 1st year in the WRS if we did not have the archive available to us as a resource. :crazy:
(and I still continue to use it)

After about an hour spent trying to drift all the way through the back half of the circuit, the Jack Daniels wore off and I managed to improve a little.

full

Tricky getting that first sector right... nailed it here but the rest slowly fell apart :lol:

First sector vid:

I just looked at my 21.66x replay, the braking, turning and acceleration points are all different for me! :confused:

Is that because wheel users have handbrake in an awkward place? I'm not an active participant (obviously), so I don't know.
I am not sure why, but I think it's to add realism. Do you see IRL drivers braking while using the handbrake? Turning while using the handbrake? So yeah, I'm guessing it's that.

EDIT: Ninja'd

Made it to T2 faster on countless occasions, only to see best lap ghost cruise past out of the final turn, missing personal best by a few hundredths, then managed to squeeze a best lap by .003s on final attempt.

Back