GTP_WRS Week 97: SwivelZuka

• Thread starter MadMax
  • 145 comments
I am not sure why, but I think it's to add realism. Do you see IRL drivers braking while using the handbrake? Turning while using the handbrake? So yeah, I'm guessing it's that.

EDIT: Ninja'd
It's a common method of killing understeer, especially in FF. My answer is yes. Braking, I've never seen it.
I'm not arguing, it's just what you said isn't particularly true.

It's a common method of killing understeer, especially in FF. My answer is yes. Braking, I've never seen it.
I'm not arguing, it's just what you said isn't particularly true.
I've never seen that before, excluding rally. Could you link me to a video on YT?

Cars in the WRC are set up pretty understeery by default to keep them controllable in the Rallys - There's one slow track inspection before you have to shoot it out in your one and only try - that's why they use it. If you even think of using the handbrake on a circuit you're supposed to know then it's better accept your mistake and sniff some dirt.
Check some youtube videos of the handbrake king called Walter Röhrl on the Nordschleife and you won't see him trying to touch it anywhere.

I've never seen that before, excluding rally. Could you link me to a video on YT?

19:57
Just one video I know offhand.
Of course it's not common. A good car is setup to not need such aggressive action.

But it's still an action. It's not relevant, and it's not useful to an actual circuit since that would unstable the car at those speeds, but it should still be an option. Is there some kind of technical flaw in the game that gives an unfair advantage to abusing it?

Sorry if my thoughts are scatterbrained, I haven't slept in about a day.

Last edited:
On splits, the entire field's separated by less than two seconds. This is probably the closest week we've had in a while!

On splits, the entire field's separated by less than two seconds. This is probably the closest week we've had in a while!
You have to take into account that the laps are much quicker. If you were doing a 30 seconds lap for example, getting 1 tenth would be difficult. But on the Nordschelife where I think you guys sub 7 minutes 1 tenth of improvement is, well, useless.

@Northstar Well, that shows that you should be in Division 3 at least rather than 4...you are less than 2 tenths behind me with a much faster sector 1 time than I have managed so far and I am currently a D3 driver in terms of ability and handicap (despite what my official division level says). Keep at it and you'll be getting promoted in next to no time, especially once you get in the groove again after so much time away 👍

You have to take into account that the laps are much quicker. If you were doing a 30 seconds lap for example, getting 1 tenth would be difficult. But on the Nordschelife where I think you guys sub 7 minutes 1 tenth of improvement is, well, useless.
Of course longer tracks would mean bigger variances in lap time, but even on a short track like this, I think this kind of gap is still quite close.

Haven't driven this combo for 4 days and am not enjoying it any more than I did 4 days ago. Managed to improve by 7 thousandths after continuing with auto gears (as well as setting 4 new PB final sectors and 1 sector 2 PB). Gave manual shifting a go to see if I could manage some kind of improvement...after several laps of ordinariness, went 13 thousanths quicker before then going 2 tenths quicker on the following lap. Haven't been able to get near my final sector PB time, probably because of how I am using the gears but at least I have improved a reasonable amount....my sector 2 time is competitive but my sector 1 time is way off the pace and can't see a way to improve it:

S1: 22.119
S2: 40.902

I seem to be going backwards on my T1 splits despite my intense focus the last 2 days trying to improve it. Don't think I can go any faster unless I can figure out how to improve my T1. :crazy:

Updated Splits

I wont have time to try it again this weekend. I know I can be two tenths faster if I try it again seriously, no regrets though. Time submitted.

Suzuka Circuit East Course.jpg

not much left for me on this... I just drove the bollocks off this car for the last 2 hours and no matter what T2 I get that end bend is the only part that you need to get spot on! Great combo will have one more session before the deadline just to be sure :D

Good luck all :cheers:

not much left for me on this... I just drove the bollocks off this car for the last 2 hours and no matter what T2 I get that end bend is the only part that you need to get spot on! Great combo will have one more session before the deadline just to be sure :D

Good luck all :cheers:
It's the same for me, my last bend (T3) is 6 hundredths slower than my PB. I have it saved, but it pretty much looks the same, it's frustrating!

I'm guessing there's an issue as I submitted my lap to fetchy 3hrs ago and have not had reply yet.

Back