• Thread starter Swift
  • 101 comments

Swift

GT Sport is looking good...
Staff Emeritus
United States
Maryland, USA
swift-bass
Ok, this first post is going to be for all current and past official competions excluding the picture competition.

In this thread you can challenge anyone you wish. But if they decline, DROP IT. I will not have members harrassed through this or any other thread(that includes PMs).

So feel free to go nuts and setup as many challenges as you want.

BTW, the challenges will be setup at my or another head judges discrettion. You can request a deadline, but the Head judge has the final say.

Remember the main points of a GTPC challenge. Participants, Track, Car, Tires, HP click here for more details

Click here for XGDP Details

Ok? Have at it.

Man, second time.

Is it GTPC or GTPDC?

I always remember it as GTPDC, as I'm sure many others do, so GTPC looks a tad off.

Just curious..

Sloth
Man, second time.

Is it GTPC or GTPDC?

I always remember it as GTPDC, as I'm sure many others do, so GTPC looks a tad off.

Just curious..

no

nah, just jokin bud ;)
if you wander over to the 'Everything GTPDC/GTPC: FAQs, Rules, Judging and Directions' Sticky Thread, you would likely see the following explanation in the very first post:

Thio
2. So, what are the GTPDCs and the GTPCs?

The GTPDCs, also called the GTPlanet Drift Competitions, are basically competitions held at a certain track where drifters from around the world can show off their drifting skills in a competitive environment. Back in the beginning of summer 2002, Thio and LanEvo decided to put together the first GTPDC because there was a lot of demand to know how good members are compared to others. This became a success and that is what brings the GTPDCs to where it is now. There are two divisions in the GTPDC: Amateur and Professional. Usually, new members would compete in the Amateur division to see how they fare amongst other members in the competition. Members in the Professional division usually have a lot of experience in drifting and have great knowledge of drifting. If you would like to participate in the GTPDCs, check out the thread at the top of the forum! It's very exciting to watch, so don't miss it!

The GTPCs, also called the GTPlanet Challenges, give opportunities for members to challenge one another to see who is better at drifting. There is a ladder setup by Thio that lets members see how other members stack up against one another. There are two ladders: one for individual members and the other for teams. Want to know more about the GTPCs? Click here!

in short:
GTPDC = big massive drift orgy
GTPC = 1 on 1 pre-arranged challenges
DPC = absolutely unrelated, drift-photo competition

hope that fills you in :sly:

btw, if anyone is looking for a competitor for a friendly 1 on 1 challenge, this thread is where you should make that known.

Droptop_Chick
TankSpanker I want jooo... :P

I'm game, just gotta get permission from IDM before I give a definite 'yes' (team rules and such)
IDM-er's, go check the member area boards

ok, CMD and lifewater have given me their blessings over at IDM. So DT_C you have yourself a challenge. Check your PM Box, we have to talk about deadlines.

ok me and tri are gonna have a challenge but we wanna do two player drift and then the judges will grade us based on the original points system of gtpdc and /or gtpc

If you guys do a 3 member challenge(USD3, TRi, vtec) that's fine, infact I encourage it. But you'd ALL better finish. Nothing's more annoying then having a multiple member challenge widdled down to 2 people because of laziness or technical issues. If you're going to get into this, you have to be able to finish!

Since you either don't listen or simply can't understand, here it is for you...

PM #1
Captain Trips

Hello, I have beaten your time of 2'16'525 using an unmodded Nissan Skyline GT-R R32, grip racing, by exactly 10 seconds.
I wish to race you on Xlink Kai soon, grip vs. Drift. The track will be El Capitan.
Have a nice day.
Captain Trips, driver of the "Black Plague"

Response

1) Grip is always faster.
2) 2'16'525 was a drift comp run, time has no factor.
3) AWD against an FR on XLink in arcade mode. Considering I'd supposedly be drifting, that triples your advantage doesn't it?
4) You want to beat me at El Cap, then drift it like TankSpanker & I did. Otherwise don't throw ridiculous proposals at me, because it's a waste of both our time.
5) I don't back down from challenges from anyone, but I also don't fight hopeless battles. Think about what you're gonna say before you say it.

PM #2
Captain Trips
No. In some cases, drift can outrace grip.

Response
There are only a handful of turns I can think of that it would be faster, and that's not nearly enough. Trial Mountian or El Capitan it would be no contest of which would be faster regaurdless of drivetrain.

Captain Trips
No. You will be racing me in a car of the same HP.

Response
That doesn't warrant a challenge like this. If I have to drift every single corner, there is no way I'll ever catch up. There is too huge a gap in entry and exit speeds for drift/grip and FR/AWD.

Captain Trips
It's not a hopeless battle if you're as good as they say. Maybe you should think about this for a little while. Meanwhile I'll be setting up my Xlink and challenging every racer that wants to on the Drift forum to battle it out on Trial Mountain, grip vs. drift. Same HP cars.

Response
Who is they, and what do they say? Hype is exactly that, hype. I have nothing to think about, my mind is made up. You've never raced on XLink much less drifted on it, you wouldn't have any idea how it effects drifting ability. Good luck finding anyone who would do it at that much of a disadvantage.
Knock yourself out... GTPC Challenge Listing & Registration

If you REALLY want to pursue this you should make it known there. Should you pursue the challenge against me there, I'll pick apart your idea in a much more technical not so friendly manner, because I feel your stipulations are absurd. I'll put it to you like this, if you can consistantly drift on XLink and keep up with me or anyone else from DD, I will accept your challenge. Otherwise, let it die...

PM#3
Captain Trips
I'm setting up and buying parts for Xlink as we speak.

Right now, I don't care about technical details. What I want to do is battle against every drifter that will take me on here AND on drift dojo with my Skyline.
I couldn't care less about your technicalities. I'll debate this no further. I offer you a straight challenge. Race against me on El Capitan with a car of the same HP or do not. That is all.

IN PLAIN ENGLISH... If you can't understand what I'm about to say, you shouldn't be alive for the sake of the rest of the human race.

You don't care about technical details, well they're the backbone of GTPDC/GTPC. You offer no details of restrictions other than 2 tracks. Whats to stop you from placing your tire restriction at Sport Soft, and pulling away from me if this is a time based race? So I'm supposed to drift every corner and let you speed away? Do you even understand how you're putting yourself at such a huge advantage with those ridiculous stipulations, if you can even call them that. Not to mention how boring it would be to watch. All you say is you want to race with me at serious handicap. That's not really a challenge then is it? It's more like you wanting to be spoon-fed like a baby. Your sig says help the noobs, but what have you done to help them? From what I can tell you want to be spoon-fed just as much as the lazy ones do. I said I made up my mind, and you try and justify yourself again? That is just PURE crap, but I guess that's what you get from someoen you have to spoon feed everything to.

There's a reason I said "Think about what you say before you say it..." in my first response. ALL of your posts in any thread I've ever seen you post in are either irrelevant, incoherient, or regurgitation of someone elses words. If you can't organize simple thoughts into something worth while, don't say anything. I'm saying this for the greater good of this section of the forum. Tons of members fill EVERY THREAD with mindless dribble. There is such a lack of positive contribution from members who say they dig this section of GTP. Your lack in contributions is the death of this place, congratulations...

Captain Trips is now accepting challenges for unorganized no rules runs that benefit himself. Sign-Up Here!

Droptop_Chick
yakety yak 💡

Hahaha. You really don't get it, do you? The main idea was that the only thing I want is that you drift race against me in an equal HP car. If you had agreed to this, I would have allowed you to set the parameters for the race. I would have allowed you to lighten the car, add stonger brakes, use whichever tires you wish, hell, install a turbo and modify the weight balance and ballast. I would have driven a stock Nissan Skyline R32. No mods. Sports Medium tires.

But instead of trying to see things my way you chose to take the offensive approach. Very well, YOU don't have to fight me. Anyone else want to battle me?

sure, I would like to do this since its just for fun. Nissan Skyline GTR R34 battle , no xlink

nightkids4ever
sure, I would like to do this since its just for fun. Nissan Skyline GTR R34 battle

That'll do. You drift, I grip. Both cars with a HP of 350. You can use whatever settings you like, I'm keeping everything stock and using Medium Sports tires.

This is all meant in good fun, I'm glad you're not taking the approach of She-Hulk and beating me over the head for presenting this.

Captain Trips
That'll do. You drift, I grip. Both cars with a HP of 350. You can use whatever settings you like, I'm keeping everything stock and using Medium Sports tires.

This is all meant in good fun, I'm glad you're not taking the approach of She-Hulk and beating me over the head for presenting this.
how bout arcade cars? I know that DT is right but I just want to have some fun

Captain Trips
yea, that's what I mean't. Use quick tune to tune it to 350 HP. :)
just leave it stock, it will be more of a challenge and plus I love my stock R34 with rims , 280 is enough
If ya want, ill even give captain trips the best drifter title but it doersn't prove anything. According to DTC's TM and El capitan, would mini autumn ring would be a good choice ?

nightkids4ever
just leave it stock, it will be more of a challenge and plus I love my stock R34 with rims , 280 is enough

K. Good luck. The first track is Trial Mountain. Post your times after your run. You are only allowed to drift, no gripping. :dopey:

Captain Trips
K. Good luck. The first track is Trial Mountain. Post your times after your run. You are only allowed to drift, no gripping. :dopey:
wow the honor system, I can just edit the big long striagh then, hell I won't even practice for it , ill juat send in a replay

Back