GTPDC Month 10

• Thread starter Sheron
  • 55 comments
WELCOME TO GTPDC10

gtpdc10intro1vn.jpg

Now for the instructions. It is imperative that you read this before you register:

This will be a exhibition drift only. There will be 2 divisions: Professional and Amateur. To participate, here's what you need to do: Decide on what car and division you want to compete in.
PM me what division you want to compete in.

DO NOT POST YOUR CAR SELECTION IN THIS THREAD

Your video must not contain your name, or any way to identify who's video it is (to promote fairness in judging).

The video must include the video name assigned to you (via PM) by the head judge, the lateral G-meter, speedometer, wheel (if possible), T times, and lap time. It should be a one lap replay without editing using the external replay cameras, and if you can, add a bumper view in PIP mode or after the exterior view replay. The video must not be larger than 25Mb, and it must be downloadable (I won't accept streaming videos like putfile or streetfire).

When you want to turn in your entry, you can use your own host, or one of the hosts included in this thread: Click here. When the video is uploaded please PM [Sheron] with the link of the video, and post in the thread that your video is uploaded. As soon as they are evaluted, the links will be made public to promote fairness in these challenges.

Good luck to our participants and drift on....

Deadline: Sunday, June 11, 2006
Track: Infineon Raceway (long course)
Car: Only cars with flip-up front lights

List:
Old Corvettes
'70 Superbird
'92 XJ220
Lotus Sprit
'62 Elan S1
'94 Cizeta V16
'73 Stratos
Old NSXs
'78 Dome Zero
'81 Piazza XE
Mazda RX-7s
Old MX-5s
'96 200SX typeX
'67 Toyota 2000GT
Old MR2s
'83 Sprinter Trueno
'00 Trueno S.S.
Old Celicas
Old Supras

infineon7mm.jpg

• Proffesional class will do all track
  • Amateur class will start on the 6th corner (90º right hander).

If you have anymore questions, please check GTPDC INFO. If your answer is not there, then ask in this thread.

.:Exhibition:.

-[Professional]-
Midnight Runner
CoolGeekz
Erocks13
~Drift King~
SouthSideSlider

-[Amateur]-
H8GRIP

Scoring:
Style - 10 points
Angle - 10 points
Control - 10 points
Smoke - 5 points

Head Judge: Sheron

.:Judges:.

DO NOT I REPEAT POST WHAT CAR YOU ARE GOING TO BE USING......

Hmm.....*reads notes*
Need to choose a powerful car :)

This should be interesting, although I'm not a fan of Infineon. But the car list makes me smile..... :mischievous: ....I'm eyeing 2 cars at the moment

Pro again, but this time with more power

EDIT: I won't complain again, I was having a bad day (certain things during school made me angry beforehand, I let it out in the post). So no need to fear another massive, unhappy post from me (because I don't like to do that, I have better ways of channeling unhappiness *looks at trebuchet in garage....*)

Erocks13
What about the 240 SX's ? Or 180 SX's? (not sure what each format of the games have. U.S. has 240's)
sheron
'96 200SX typeX

and btw sheron, you should name which version your talking about.
because im not sure, but i think your talking about the stock car track.

Suzuki
and btw sheron, you should name which version your talking about.
because im not sure, but i think your talking about the stock car track.
I think it's clear now.

About the 180/200/240 SX there only ONE model of all which has the flip-up lights.

Could you please mark on the picture of the track which corner you would like the amateur footage to begin, I'm sure i'm not the only one who is confused to which corner you mean exactly, Thanks.

H8GRIP
Could you please mark on the picture of the track which corner you would like the amateur footage to begin, I'm sure i'm not the only one who is confused to which corner you mean exactly, Thanks.
Done. It's in blue on the track picture.

Funkshen

Some people don't pay attention, I learned that quickly in the military. It's like, the more you say it, the less they hear it. In fact, military studies have shown that if you state the "obvious" more than three times, in th eminds of people like the above mentioned subject, your topic of discussion and/or all facts listed within your statements have become null and are completely non-existant.

Sheron is a good buddy of mine and a vital Asset to GTP. If he says DON'T POST THE CAR THAT YOU WILL BE USING, he is probably saying it for a reason. So lets all be good boys and girls and adhere by the rules. That way we can avoid belittled in posts by Funkshen, because he's ruthless, cold hearted and doesn't like ignorance. My kind of guy!!!

LOL!

-Dave

Shadow Drifter
Sheron is a good buddy of mine and a vital Asset to GTP. If he says DON'T POST THE CAR THAT YOU WILL BE USING, he is probably saying it for a reason. So lets all be good boys and girls and adhere by the rules. That way we can avoid belittled in posts by Funkshen, because he's ruthless, cold hearted and doesn't like ignorance. My kind of guy!!!

LOL!

-Dave

The reason is to keep the judging as impartial as possible. We all have friends and members we like more then others. If you KNOW which is not your friends and which is, it's very easy to be biased in judging. Even if it's unintentional. I know there are simple ways around this, but we have to do what we can to keep things fair. :)

Swift
The reason is to keep the judging as impartial as possible. We all have friends and members we like more then others. If you KNOW which is not your friends and which is, it's very easy to be biased in judging. Even if it's unintentional. I know there are simple ways around this, but we have to do what we can to keep things fair. :)

Oh I understand this 120%, Swift. I was simply concuring what Funkshen was implying with his post. If the rules are to be laid out as "Don't Post Your Car Here" then you shouldn't post your car.

I mean, I hate to reference an outside source, but in the real world, if you do something like that against the judge's, moderator's, or event holder's orders, that's something that we in the SCCA call a "disqualifier" and it doesn't take a genius to figure out what that means.

Not saying that that's how it should be, I'm just saying that it would keep people on their toes and keep common "mistakes" from happening.

-Dave

Shadow Drifter
Oh I understand this 120%, Swift. I was simply concuring what Funkshen was implying with his post. If the rules are to be laid out as "Don't Post Your Car Here" then you shouldn't post your car.

-Dave

I know you do:) I just wanted to make it clear to everyone else ;)

Here is a map with colors (not my best job, 5 min...)

gtpd10map3yh.jpg

I do have a question about the optional chicane at the upper left hand corner....I guess it's optional to do it? I want to know before I start.

^^ K, Thanks

EDIT: Did some preliminary testing....I forgot how much I abhor this track (haven't driven on it since February, I hate it). But on a better note: I decided on a car...but it sucks when I have to use 500 hp to win, I love this thing at around 350

I'll keep trying, but Infineon + high hp = unhappy CoolGeekz......oh well stuff happens

Damn i cant entry on this..(and probably to a lot more)couse i am in the ARMY at that time...🤬 :banghead: :mad: 🤬 :mad: :banghead:
I wish i was in to that...i like that track..

Useful information:THAT track doesnt need a lot of power..
proves here

Sorry Guys:( I dropped the ball on this one. But, I have a good reason. I got a real 240 SX and have been wrenching on it everyday. I haven't played GT4 in almost a month now. I think I won't be on this forum for a while. At least till the money runs out for the car. I am by no means leaving for good though. Thanks and sorry again for not getting an entry in.

Back