GTPDC: Month 3

• Thread starter Sheron
  • 66 comments
WELCOME TO GTPDC3

gtpdc3intro5by.jpg

Now for the instructions. It is imperative that you read this before you register:

This will be a exhibition drift only. There will be divisions: Professional and Amateur. To participate, here's what you need to do: Decide on what car and division you want to compete in.
PM me what car and division you want to compete in.

DO NOT POST YOUR CAR SELECTION IN THIS THREAD

Your video must not contain your name, or any way to identify who's video it is (to promote fairness in judging).... Instead, use the number that has been assigned to you (via PM), by the head judge.

When you want to turn in your entries, you can use your own host or any free hosting: yousendit.com (up to 1Gb and 7 days), Rapidshare (up to 30Mb), Megaupload (up to 250Mb) and only give the head judge the link to the videos, and as soon as they are evaluated, the links will be made public to promote fairness in these challenges.

When the video is uploaded please PM [Sheron] with the link of the video... and post in the thread that your video is uploaded.

The video must include the lateral G-meter, speedometer, wheel(if possible), T times, and lap time. Your video should be a one lap replay without editing.

Good luck to our participants and drift on....

Deadline: Sunday, Nov 6, 2005
Track: Suzuka West
Car: MR drivetrain

course29vo.gif

You MUST drift the chicane in 200R corner
Amateur class will do all corners but the chicane

If you have anymore questions, please check GTPDC INFO. If your answer is not there, then ask in this thread.

I hope everyone has fun! Good luck and Drift on.

.:Exhibition:.

-[Professional]-
bamboo
DARKEST_HOUR
ToyotaDrifter

-[Amateur]-
DriftingDreamer
CoolGeekz

Scoring:
Style - 10 points
Angle - 10 points
Control - 10 points
Smoke - 5 points

Head Judge: Sheron

.:Judges:.

DO NOT I REPEAT POST WHAT CAR YOU ARE GOING TO BE USING......

Thanks for getting this started Sheron! 👍

interesting track choice...
I can't tell if I love it or hate it.

It's the half of Suzuka that I don't drift on, so it'd be something new to figure out.
But everything is so spaced out there.

hmm i was thinking of using my autozam, but the video will be a little boring because it tops out at 108mph, sooooo i need something faster.
I'll try some stuff later after i finish my monster history project (almost done though :))

sounds fun. i need to do some runs/car tests to decide if im in or not.

meh i think im going to pass and watch you guys duke it out.

DriftingDreamer
IM IN!
btw what is the amateur section? like where does it start/end?

*cough*

Now for the instructions. It is imperative that you read this before you register:

Amateur class will do all corners but the chicane

*cough*

CoolGeekz, drifting a kei car in the right way will add points in judgement, since low power drifting in open tracks is quite difficult.

Argh this is proving to be difficult... the shortcut, degner and spoon are all very very difficult to do cleanly.. let alone in the same lap :crazy: I'm worried about what level the entries will be at (any chance the vids from the last GTPDC will be made public?) .. but I guess I could give it a shot :scared:

judging for the last GTPDC is still ongoing. But the vids are made public when that is complete.

I havent had a chance to run this yet, but I know what you mean Ske. I've been thinking about the lap and I'm not sure in my mind what to do with the 200R....

Sheron
Drift the chicane :lol:

lol, sheron :sly:
ya, but theres still half of the 200r to go after that...
guess i need to find a car, and actually decide if i'm gonna do this one or not, then think about things more.

Sheron [b
CoolGeekz[/b], drifting a kei car in the right way will add points in judgement, since low power drifting in open tracks is quite difficult.

well i tried my autozam, and its difficult since i can't drift the really long corners all the way around (like the spoon) and that is one of my standards for my vid, so i have to get the long corners. I'm still experimenting with slightly more powerful cars and will pm you when i finally choose one

and by the way, the western shortcut are actually 2 90 degree angle turns near the beginning*ish* and are insanly difficult! lol i keep going off (probably because i keep trying to do it one "swoop" :yuck: )

and one more thing....i can almost guarrentee at least 3/4s of the entries will be NSX's lol.

Boundary Layer
lol, sheron :sly:
ya, but theres still half of the 200r to go after that...
guess i need to find a car, and actually decide if i'm gonna do this one or not, then think about things more.

It doesn't seem to me like you can do the 200 in any pretty way.. especially since you're short on speed coming out of the chicane, so might as well leave that corner alone.. I'm starting to doubt I can make a good controlled lap really... so I'll see if I can manage some crazy stunts out of pure luck ;)

Still one month to go.. good lines may start to reveal themselves if we try hard enough, I guess.

i got close to a perfect lap just a half hour ago, but i went slightly off on the hairpin. I was thinking of doing Amateur but the car i use can't do anything on 200R, so i might try the chicane (but the competition in professional is much tougher).

I tried 130R and by accident drifted through it in 6th gear at close to full speed, how i pulled it off i dont know, but im trying to do it again to get it in the video.

Lol i tried an NSX and it was horrible for the lines i want....not near enough turn in compared to what im using, although the NSX is faster and probably could do 200R.....

CoolGeekz
I tried 130R and by accident drifted through it in 6th gear at close to full speed, how i pulled it off i dont know, but im trying to do it again to get it in the video.

I sort of did that too, linked the 130 with the shortcut using a lot of handbrake, grass, high speed and a lottery worth of luck... too bad the rest of the lap was :yuck:

Sheron, how about Mitsubishi Lancer MR edition...hahahahaha :dopey:

I'll enter one of these when it's the AWD drivetrain.

you can count on me to judge this. 👍

DriftingDreamer
lol i withdraw from the competition
DEFINATELY not ready yet

No way. Just go with the amature. This will help you to get much better. Trust me.

Just stick with it. :)

Latest Posts

Back