GTPDC Month 7 (Results are in)

• Thread starter Sheron
  • 122 comments
WELCOME TO GTPDC7

gtpdc7intro1jq.jpg

Now for the instructions. It is imperative that you read this before you register:

This will be a exhibition drift only. There will be 2 divisions: Professional and Amateur. To participate, here's what you need to do: Decide on what car and division you want to compete in.
PM me what division you want to compete in.

DO NOT POST YOUR CAR SELECTION IN THIS THREAD

Your video must not contain your name, or any way to identify who's video it is (to promote fairness in judging).

The video must include the video name assigned to you (via PM) by the head judge, the lateral G-meter, speedometer, wheel (if possible), T times, and lap time. It should be a one lap replay without editing using the external replay cameras, and if you can, add a bumper view in PIP mode or after the exterior view replay. The video must not be larger than 25Mb, and it must be downloadable (I won't accept streaming videos like putfile or streetfire).

When you want to turn in your entry, you can use your own host, or one of the hosts included in this thread: Click here. When the video is uploaded please PM [Sheron] with the link of the video, and post in the thread that your video is uploaded. As soon as they are evaluted, the links will be made public to promote fairness in these challenges.

Good luck to our participants and drift on....

Deadline: Sunday, March 5, 2006
Track: Midfield II (reverse)
Car: Any car from tuner village
plus Jun/Option Z, Mazda BP Falken.

nnp9wl.jpg

• Proffesional class will do all track
  • Amateur class will end the lap after the 2nd tunnel.

If you have anymore questions, please check GTPDC INFO. If your answer is not there, then ask in this thread.

.:Exhibition:.

-[Professional]-
CoolGeekz
Erocks13
ToyotaDrifter

-[Amateur]-
identti
Electric.......
vtec513
Fairlady240ZG
DRIFTN

Scoring:
Style - 10 points
Angle - 10 points
Control - 10 points
Smoke - 5 points

Head Judge: Sheron

.:Judges:.

DO NOT I REPEAT POST WHAT CAR YOU ARE GOING TO BE USING......

.:RESULTS:.

gtpdc7results3fd.jpg

Congraturations to identti and CoolGeekz for winning this competition 👍

VIDEOS

AMATEUR:

~Drift King~ -> http://d.turboupload.com/d/403378/GTPDC7_A01.wmv.html
Electric...... -> http://rapidshare.de/files/14560268/GTPDC7_A02.wmv.html
identti -> http://files.filefront.com/GTPDC7_A05mov/;4843867;;/fileinfo.html
Fairlady240zg -> http://www.fileupyours.com/files/21011/GTPDC7_A06.wmv

PROFESSIONAL:

CoolGeekz -> http://www.bgj.ca/gtp/gtpdc/GTPDC7_P12.wmv
ToyotaDrfiter -> http://s6.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0ZIIAA57GZPB3I46Z5U6IM37M (bigger than 25Mb :grumpy: )
Erocks13 -> http://www.bgj.ca/gtp/gtpdc/GTPDC7_P15.wmv

I love these criteria! 👍 👍

This will be an interesting to watch, maybe even enter into if I get the time. Sheron, let me know really good and early if you want me as a judge again. I'm quite happy to just watch if it means we can get the judging done as quickly as we did in GTPDC6.

Awesome, i might have a go in this one. Sheron, ill send you a PM as soon as i am positive i am able to borrow my friends equipment to record the vid.

That is actually a very interesting question to look at, and for me it really adds a little bit of intrique to this event. Among others, you have 2 D1's, a JGTC GT300 class car, a few different S2000's, the monstrous Carbon R, and the Chaser all to choose from. I'm quite excited to see how all these different cars stack up against one another in different peoples' hands.

It's gonna be a good one.

Boundary Layer
Among others, you have 2 D1's, a JGTC GT300 class car, a few different S2000's, the monstrous Carbon R, and the Chaser all to choose from.

Jun/Option Z33 is a good base for this high speed track, I tuned it to make the intro photo and I was amazed of how good it is. The only problem is that the peak power is as high as narrow the powerband is.

Sheron
Jun/Option Z33 is a good base for this high speed track, I tuned it to make the intro photo and I was amazed of how good it is. The only problem is that the peak power is as high as narrow the powerband is.

hrm... I think another problem might be that it cannot be bought from the tuner village... ;) I was going to point that out earlier when I saw it in the banner shot.

Boundary Layer
hrm... I think another problem might be that it cannot be bought from the tuner village... ;) I was going to point that out earlier when I saw it in the banner shot.

eerm..... It is a tuned car, so let's put it into the tuner village. But I think no one will enter the comp with this car :ouch:

Sheron
eerm..... It is a tuned car, so let's put it into the tuner village. But I think no one will enter the comp with this car :ouch:

okay, so what about other car's that fall into this grey area like the Falken FC RX7?
What about all the Nismo's, Mugen's, RUF's, etc? They are tuned cars but are not in the tuner village.

I swear I'm not trying to be an ass, I prefer to call it inquisitive.

I love this track, and combined with the car selection this could turn out very good indeed... I agree that the cars allowed may need a little clarification though. Tuner Village storebought, or any tuner/d1 car...

I'll try and grab a few runs tonight, not sure if I'll enter or not though ;)

I will make 2 car lists tonight, one for cars only bought in tuner village, one for all tuner cars (including cars like nismo, trd, ruf, etc)

EDIT: Here they are

Amuse
CarbonR (R34)
S2000 GT1
S2000 R1
S2000 Street Version

Blitz
ER34 D1 spec 2004 (D1GP)

HKS
GENKI Hyper Sylvia RS2 (D1GP)

HPA Motorsports
Stage II R32

Jun/Option
Z33

Mazda
BP Falken D1GP

Mine’s
Lancer Evolution VI
Skyline GT-R N1 V-Spec (R34)

Opera Performance
S2000
350Z

RE Amemiya
Aspara Drink RX-7 (JGTC)

Spoon
Civic Type-R (EK)
Spoon Fit Race Car
Integra Type-R (DC2)
S2000
S2000 Race Car

TOM’S
X540 Chaser

Trial
Celica SS-II (ZZT231)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

It's about time...

I may enter this one... I know this track like the back of my hand...

I'll let you know within the next few days, if I can judge or not, Sheron...

;)

Sounds like an interesting competition. There are some great cars to choose from, and there's a good track too. Most people know the track well, so big angles as well as linking everything should be important.

I have a quick question though. After the tunnel and the hairpin, what would everyone do between that and the long horseshoe? Do drift the little chicane, and then drive normally or what?

identti
I have a quick question though. After the tunnel and the hairpin...

Your video should end there.

The only non-tuner village cars that can enter the comp:

Jun/Option Z33
Mazda BP Flaken D1GP

Why not Mugen, Nismo...etc? Because they're factory tuned cars. Nismo belongs to Nissan, Mugen to Honda.....
Why not RUF? Because Poliphony Digital said they consider them as a factory so they're with other factories.

identti
I have a quick question though. After the tunnel and the hairpin, what would everyone do between that and the long horseshoe? Do drift the little chicane, and then drive normally or what?

Hehe I have an idea.... (it's not drifting, but it would be cooler than just driving straight :P). Think creatively ;)

PM Sent,

Im gonna go in Amateur division, for the fact that ive never entered these competitions before, so im going to try to prove myself worthy before entering pro division.

So,just to clarify:
The video must start at the start/finish line and end after I exit the turn after the 2nd tunnel (Amateur class)?

Does that mean I can go into Photo drive mode,because that way the replay starts right on the start/finish line?

the judging begins at the start finish, so no reason why not - provided you still have space to get up the speed you need for the first several turns. The start-finish is quite close to turn 1,2

Latest Posts

Back