GTPDC Month 9 .:RESUTLS ARE IN:.

• Thread starter Sheron
  • 68 comments
WELCOME TO GTPDC9

gtpdc90ym.jpg

Now for the instructions. It is imperative that you read this before you register:

This will be a exhibition drift only. There will be 2 divisions: Professional and Amateur. To participate, here's what you need to do: Decide on what car and division you want to compete in.
PM me what division you want to compete in.

DO NOT POST YOUR CAR SELECTION IN THIS THREAD

Your video must not contain your name, or any way to identify who's video it is (to promote fairness in judging).

The video must include the video name assigned to you (via PM) by the head judge, the lateral G-meter, speedometer, wheel (if possible), T times, and lap time. It should be a one lap replay without editing using the external replay cameras, and if you can, add a bumper view in PIP mode or after the exterior view replay. The video must not be larger than 25Mb, and it must be downloadable (I won't accept streaming videos like putfile or streetfire).

When you want to turn in your entry, you can use your own host, or one of the hosts included in this thread: Click here. When the video is uploaded please PM [Sheron] with the link of the video, and post in the thread that your video is uploaded. As soon as they are evaluted, the links will be made public to promote fairness in these challenges.

Good luck to our participants and drift on....

Deadline: Sunday, April 30, 2006
Track: Deep Forest Raceway
Car: European cars

gtpdc9map6sk.jpg

• Proffesional class will do all track
  • Amateur class will follow picture instructions.

If you have anymore questions, please check GTPDC INFO. If your answer is not there, then ask in this thread.

.:Exhibition:.

-[Professional]-
CoolGeekz
Erocks13
~Drift King~
Electric......
dorykiiing

-[Amateur]-

Scoring:
Style - 10 points
Angle - 10 points
Control - 10 points
Smoke - 5 points

Head Judge: Sheron

.:Judges:.

DO NOT I REPEAT POST WHAT CAR YOU ARE GOING TO BE USING......

.:RESULTS:.

gtpdc9results8cq.jpg

I know, it's not very fair judge this with only 3 people, but I can't wait more time :ouch:

Congrats to the winner and all participants 👍

VIDEOS

GTPDC9_P01 -> http://d.turboupload.com/d/556315/GTPDC9_P01.wmv.html
GTPDC9_P02 -> http://d.turboupload.com/d/555362/GTPDC9_P02.wmv.html
GTPDC9_P03 -> http://uploadfile.putfile.com/videos/11919114254.wmv
GTPDC9_P05 -> http://files.filefront.com/GTPDC9_P05wmv/;5010796;;/fileinfo.html
GTPDC9_P06 -> http://rapidshare.de/files/19180684/GTPDC9_P06.wmv.html

I think I have found my car...the only problem is drifting the double apex, so far I have not been able to get enough momentum to keep it going :(. Good thing: it manjis like a dream

Nailing the entry on that double left can be a bit tricky, but if you can carry some speed past the first apex bit it's pretty smooth sailing from there . The trick that works for me is to take a wide line through the first 1/3, and not hug the first inner strip to allow for some randomness in the bumpy downhill bit... The angle suffers slightly, but it's a lot easier to do it every time once you figure out how to enter like that.

Linking it from the first tunnel is a little bit harder.. :P

I am still having problems on the double apex...

Which would score better?
1. Lots of angle, smoke, and flair through the double apex, but with a manji in the middle
2. Low angle and smoke (almost like driving through it), but making the double

For me, I think the first would be more exciting to watch, but the second is harder

CoolGeekz
I am still having problems on the double apex...

Which would score better?
1. Lots of angle, smoke, and flair through the double apex, but with a manji in the middle
2. Low angle and smoke (almost like driving through it), but making the double

For me, I think the first would be more exciting to watch, but the second is harder

i agree with you man..

I'd score the double higher on control and style [it might be worth a +1 or +1.5 in my marking scheme depending on execution] and I wouldnt deduct on angle and smoke because it would be a near impossible task to get all 4. The fact that you're having more difficulty with that is proof that it is a more daunting challenge worthy of a few extra points.

And quite honestly when watching vids at DF, I find it far more exciting to watch people attempt the dual apex [even if it is performed poorly], than to see no attempt at all.

Easy is not exciting.

Boundary Layer
I'd score the double higher on control and style [it might be worth a +1 or +1.5 in my marking scheme depending on execution] and I wouldnt deduct on angle and smoke because it would be a near impossible task to get all 4. The fact that you're having more difficulty with that is proof that it is a more daunting challenge worthy of a few extra points.

And quite honestly when watching vids at DF, I find it far more exciting to watch people attempt the dual apex [even if it is performed poorly], than to see no attempt at all.

Easy is not exciting.

ok then the hardway...that's our answer Coolgeekz

so feinting in between the double apex's is just as good as drifting the whole thing,

i dont know what manji means lol

CoolGeekz
Yup

I did it once...now to do it again (and again and again until I get everything perfect)

Thanks BL

Everything perfect?man if you do that you will be the winner!:lol:
until now i cant do a perfect lap:mad: 🤬 :banghead:...
every time have one spot i could do better...i had made perfect passes
on every turn of the track but not in the same video..:mad: 🤬 :banghead:

i might get some more runs in but i think im good

i did every turn perfect, nothing wrong with anything except when it came to the dual apex's i tryied to go all the way, overcountersteered, snaped back and then quickly threw it back into drifting with big angle,

i think that is pretty good, im happy with it, Good luck dorykiing and CoolGeekz

Yay really happy today
I got all 3 sections (I have 3 "sections": First part, Double Apex, Last Part) flawlessly, but not in the same lap. I finally did the double perfectly, now to analyze the replay and repeat it. I love the first part of this course :)

i have two runs..one with perfect drift in the double apex but good in the other sections,and one with very good all except the double apex(not so bad realy)..i dont know yet what i will do:confused: ..just yesterday i found a car that can drift that track in very big angles very easy and im thinking to try with it.;) .i dont know..i will try more now couse im of work and i will have the time to make perfect my lap..:cool:

Good luck and to you guys:cheers:

I made a vid and will be submitting soon, just waiting on BL (but it's a long time until the 30th, so I'm not in a hurry).

The double apex isn't quite as good as I did in one run, but the first and last sections are flat out beautiful.

Note to self: use a higher power car next time you attempt a double apex :)

CoolGeekz
I made a vid and will be submitting soon, just waiting on BL (but it's a long time until the 30th, so I'm not in a hurry).

The double apex isn't quite as good as I did in one run, but the first and last sections are flat out beautiful.

Note to self: use a higher power car next time you attempt a double apex :)

hehe that double apex needs power..:lol:

Erocks13?any comment about all these?

I don't know about the power thing on the double apexs. I don't have allot of power in the car I am using and I have hit it several times. Although it is one of those double apexes that doesn't really allow you to keep allot of angle through the whole thing. I still am trying to get one good lap. Hoping tonight is the night. Gotta get back now. hehe

Electric.......
Sent Sheron a PM,I'm in.

And although I know I'm not allowed to say what car I'll be using, I'll just give a hint: Probably no one ever since GT4 came out thought of drifting it.

Please read the rules. That is an obvious hints. Not even hints should be posted of your car selection.

Please edit your post immediately.

Back