GTPlanet Celebrates 15 Years Online: Thank You!

Congrats Jordan for the milestone! You've made a fantastic website that has people coming back and back, and here's to the next 15... :cheers:

Also, have a virtual pat on the back for all the hard work that you've put into this site. :)

And to think that I've been here for around one-third of the time that this site has existed... Geez, I'm old.

(Also, it's off-topic, but I don't think it deserves a whole new thread. Does the current system allow members to know the date when their accounts were created, @Jordan ? If not, will it be implemented in a future update to the site? I'm just thinking that it'd be nice to know the date for members, for anniversary purposes and other things. Thanks.)

I signed up to this place on the off chance in 2011 when I was in university and it was a boring day and I wanted some GT2 tips and I haven't been able to leave since.

Llongyfarchiadau on a lovely anniversary from your Welsh contingent!

Congrats Jordan for the milestone! You've made a fantastic website that has people coming back and back, and here's to the next 15... :cheers:

Also, have a virtual pat on the back for all the hard work that you've put into this site. :)

And to think that I've been here for around one-third of the time that this site has existed... Geez, I'm old.

(Also, it's off-topic, but I don't think it deserves a whole new thread. Does the current system allow members to know the date when their accounts were created, @Jordan ? If not, will it be implemented in a future update to the site? I'm just thinking that it'd be nice to know the date for members, for anniversary purposes and other things. Thanks.)
This information is included in your profile, I believe. I know I can see mines just above post-count. 👍

Congratulations Jordan! Creating one of the largest and most awesome communities for petrol heads and going strong for 15 years is a great milestone to achieve. Here's a toast! For the great moment of now and for a bright future!
Thank you for your time and for making out times better!!

This information is included in your profile, I believe. I know I can see mines just above post-count. 👍
I just found it under the 'My Profile Page' tab. Can't believe I missed it. Foolish me. :dunce:

Thanks Brend. 👍

"There was just something about GT games which felt “different”; they inspired me in ways that no other movie, book, or game ever has. For some of you, that might sound a little strange, but if you “get it”, you know what I’m talking about."

I couldn't have said it better. Recent member but long time lurker (gt5 prologue)

GTPlanet has certainly been part of my day for a considerable chunk of my life. I have loved the chat, the atmosphere and the wide range of discussions and I thank you Jordan for sitting at that computer all those years ago and having the determination to get this off the ground and keep building it into what it is today.

Here's to 2017 and I look forward to seeing the global GTP headquarters skyscraper going up someday!

Congratulations on reaching 15 years. GT Planet is my favourite forum by a huge margin and is something I check countless times a day. The GTP team does a terrific job.

I am, or have been, a member of a lot of forums over the years and there is a different vibe here compared to others. I joined GTP on 1 Aug 2011 and it was one of my best ever decisions. Sharing my passion of cars, motorsport and games with so many like-minded members has been a pleasure.

So isn't it quite crazy to acknowledge that there are now members on this forum who are younger than the forum itself? ;)

Congratulations and Happy Birthday GTP. Without this website, my life might be completely different. :cheers:
Such as you? :sly:

Anyway congrats and all that stuff, it's unfortunately rare these days to see an independent site continue to flourish.

Wow… I didn't realize until now that the site was THIS old… erm… sure. Yep!

Congratulations to @Jordan and all of the staff to keep this site the great place it is!

Also I was really thinking that this was going to be the start of the Whammassacre… :lol:

@Jordan
There was just something about GT games which felt “different”; they inspired me in ways that no other movie, book, or game ever has. For some of you, that might sound a little strange, but if you “get it”, you know what I’m talking about.

I read this on the front page article and I guess I am one of those who you could say "gets it".

To this day, each new Gran Turismo game appeals to me like no other video game out there.

Congrats on the 15 years.:gtpflag:

Congratulations, and thank you! I guess I have never looked for informations of GT, and other racing titles, somewhere else than GT Planet. It is always my first step in the internet for racing game news!

I prefer the design if the gtplanet world logo was on the back, and on the front the gtplanet lettering on the top left of the chest.

Congratulations to @Jordan and the staff on the anniversary! The GTP meetup at the Copperbox earlier this year was easily the highlight of the year for me. It was amazing to meet you all in person after so many years, and great to talk to Jordan about the early difficulties of setting up GTPlanet and all of the hard work which goes on behind the scenes today. I had little idea of how much effort is required to run a site of this scale, so again I want to send out my massive appreciation to everyone who runs it.

GTP-ers are an awesome bunch of people to hang out with. There was nothing like sipping a glass of red with Jordan and the gang, talking about the cars of Gran Turismo 2 (Yellow Altezza ;) ), the future of sim racing, and GTPlanet.

The next decade of gaming is going to radically change thanks to VR and e-sports. It's all very exciting, and I look forward to see how GTPlanet will be part of it. Here's to the next 15 years. :cheers:

I have only been here two small years but had heard of this site being mentioned in the car forums I was on. I thought I would just say what a wonderful website it is being a slightly old school forum person and I am also another member that logs in daily (or more!) having been on and helping out and organise on another car forum and car meets looking for photos and info I came across a few photo regulars from here and thought I would try it and haven't looked back lurking mainly on the photomode forums and slowly using the site more and more I felt the need to upgrade to premium member.

I also have always had that feeling about GT games since GT1 having had a break from GT5 for a while and returning recently to GT6. There is something about this forum that other forums don't have (so please don't change the format too much I have just got used to how user friendly it is ;) !) The members are all friendly who I have come across in the photomode sections, along with excellent moderators, grammar and news items it feels very welcoming. So congrats on 15years Jordan and also look forward to many more and the future of e-Sports and VR GT!..:cheers::gtpflag:

Last edited:
Congratulations from Denmark @Jordan . Thank you for creating this fabulous website:cheers:.
Last year this site was a big eye opener for me, and I was immediately hooked on.
There is really everything you need from a place like this. I look forward to enjoy the new look, and features you will reveal later:tup::). Big thanks to you @Jordan and the rest of the crew:cheers:
God bless you, and from all of us in Denmark, Merry Christmas...:gtpflag:

I'm about to celebrate my third anniversary on here. Others have said it before, and I think I'll echo it. I can go weeks and months without checking an e-mail, or Facebook, or a different online forum, but I'm on here at least once an hour just to keep up to date on stuff if it's a slow day. Everything I've been able to do so far wouldn't have been without home, so thanks @Jordan for a brilliant forum and a cheers for many, many more years.

Been here since day 1... Big big big GT Fan here... 39-year-old kid :) ... I just want to say thank you.... thank you!!!!! :bowdown:

:cheers:
Wish you all the best for the future!

Greetings from Portugal :gtpflag:

Good job Jordan! I would not have found a forum like this at all for the GT games for further research, but was a long lurker in 2006-2014. Till I created my account I wanted to help with GT research topics to push momentum for secret things Polyphony left out, and it kind of succeed for me in a way.

Also, new stuff gets posted everyday on GT, hope it continues to be that way!

I want to join everyone else and congratulate you on such a great site. Been a member since 2002 myself!

But, wait... 15 years? Are you sure it's not 16? There are posts in the GT3 forum from July 2001 or beyond...

Great job and great website.

I would say that I take a quick look to see what news has been posted almost every day. In hopes that Gran Turismo will of returned to the glory that it once was and leaps and bounds ahead or better than others.

This is a nice coincidence.

This thread made me go check my profile and to my surprise today (the 16th) marks exactly 15 years since I've created my account here at GTPlanet. FIFTEEN!

Amazing how time flies...

Congratulations, and thank you for creating (and maintaining so well) this little piece of internet heaven, @Jordan.

:cheers:

Back