GTPlanet Celebrates 20 Years Online!

I have been a member for over half of my life. I lurked for some time before I joined, but I did not miss much of the first year or two while lurking. My account will be old enough this year to legally be an adult. Compared to my earlier days, I do little browsing outside of threads I have participated in over the years or set to watch. My posting habits have gone way down. I might crack 8,000 posts by the end of this year. It has been awesome to see the growth and success!

Congratulations on 20 years @Jordan!

Last edited:
Been here 14+ years. I remember I lurked around for a year before joining up and made sure to read all the threads in the GT1/2 forums first. I made my first email address just so I could sign up to GTP :lol: I was still using 56k modem back then, running Windows XP and living in a third world country. Since then I moved continents, graduated, got a job, and who knows what else is coming in the future but GTP will always be a constant in my life. It's crazy to think how many hours I spent on the site, and I know I'm far from the most active member! It's pretty much my home on the internet, because I don't exist anywhere else on social media. Also proud to carry the GTP tag in my PSN ID wherever I race 👍

Many thanks to Jordan and all the tireless mods, as well as all the prolific members who have contributed to the site, no matter how big or small. Everyone plays a part in making the site into one of the most enjoyable place on the internet. Sure we have a few bad apples from time to time, and I must say I don't quite like the direction the News page is going in recent times, but it's all a small inconvenience compared to everything else that the site gives me.

Here's to the next 20 years and beyond :cheers:

Last edited:
iu

I was still using 56k modem back then, running Windows XP
Me in 2009 lol. I would only have been 7 or 8 then though, wouldn't be long before I started using messageboards so I did kinda experience the end of the Web 1.0 age really, even if it's made me extremely bitter for my age :P

Last edited:
Happy 20th Anniversary :gtplanet: and happy birthday dude @Jordan! :gtpflag:

Kind of crazy that due to a game and this website, I got to see majority of people in that video in person. Never did I think when I picked up the game Gran Turismo, that I would get to meet the creators of it. Same as when joining this website and getting to meet some of the members and the people running it.

This is the planet I call my internet home, thanks for housing us and keeping us safe from the spambots and viruses all these years. Such a friendly and helpful place, I improved a lot at the game due to the competition and tips on here.

Looking forward to seeing what's next, thankfully technology and software has matured a lot in 20 years. 👍

Bit late, but congrats Jordan for 20 years of GTP! :)

It's pretty cool to see you're one of the known names in the GT world these days, as well as the site, and i love how you stuck to your guns and kept this place family friendly all these years. Proof that bullying, nastiness, e-arguments and so on are not required for a successful forum.

Best of luck for next 20 years!

Nearly 12 years ago this was the first website that had me put some effort into my spelling and grammar, at the age of 14. Now I'm finishing up my master's thesis.
I grew up with this site and that's pretty special. Thanks GTP and here's to 20 more years! :cheers:

When my lifetime premium expires and I’m still an active member, may I pretty please get a cool badge that say “Super Awesome Member” like a moderator badge? I’ve been asking for years now, I think, if this requirement is accepted, I only have another 18 or so years to go.

Nearly 12 years ago this was the first website that had me put some effort into my spelling and grammar, at the age of 14. Now I'm finishing up my master's thesis.
I grew up with this site and that's pretty special. Thanks GTP and here's to 20 more years! :cheers:
While I did not go for a master's program, GTP also made me put more effort into my spelling and grammar. I would say that having to put that effort in made me elevate my writing above poor to mediocre.

Lifetime premium can expire?

😕
I believe it was a 25 year deal when it was available.
It was just a technical limitation. Our old forum software (pre-2013) was built in a way that required all paid subscriptions to have an expiration date. This is no longer an issue and your subscription should be shown as permanent now, @W3H5.

"Lifetime" subscriptions only expire when you do. 💀

Happy Birthday to this great site. I wish I had been around more over the years but this place feels as great as it was when I was here everyday. I don't think this place could have gotten this way without the best Administrator in the world taking the time to treat this place with the care it deserves. Thank you Jordan and everyone else that has had a hand in keeping this place awesome. 🏆:gtpflag:

@Jordan, you should give one banned person clemency and unban him or her because of the milestone GTP and you have reached.

😁
That’s a terrible idea. If someone is banned, it’s for a reason.

If the site really wants to celebrate it would award me my Super Awesome Member badge that I’ve been asking for, for the last 7 years lol.

Ain’t gonna happen.

Allow one banned member back and what’s the difference between allowing them all back?

Rules is rules.

Back