GTPlanet Member Recreates an Entire Issue of Evo Magazine in Forza Horizon 4

Makes you think, with game graphics getting better all the time and the difficulties in doing photoshoots on public roads mentioned in the article, is it just a matter of time before this is all digital? I can imagine Evo would never drop "traditional" photography (do any of their photographers still use film?) but lower-end publications could and no one would know or care, I'm sure.

Usually tributes of this kind have some aspect that completely discredits them. This doesn't. The fact that I know the game well enough to be able to recognise all but one of the locations is comforting rather than jarring. It's really really good.

This is a spectacular feat. Well done @Yui-san

Great effort.

Makes you think, with game graphics getting better all the time and the difficulties in doing photoshoots on public roads mentioned in the article, is it just a matter of time before this is all digital? I can imagine Evo would never drop "traditional" photography (do any of their photographers still use film?) but lower-end publications could and no one would know or care, I'm sure.

Authentic photos seem irreplacable in many situations. For example:

“We test drove the new Ferrari whatever on the Route Napoléon”

Readers then expect to see pictures with the car and journalist on site, adding credibility to the story.

Last edited:
@Nielsen that's why I think Evo would be one of the last to drop actual photography, but I could see, say, The Mail on Sunday or Stuff magazine using CGI. Evo is at the top of the aspirational automotive lifestyle magazine tree, but there are publications who don't do anything especially interesting and literally just need an image of the car doing something. Some of them are even printed on poor quality paper stock that would hide the fact that it's obviously not real and CGI is already a thing in other fields as @PJTierney says.

Last edited:
Truly EPIC !! EVO Mag should give you at least one full year of subs for this... and be featured in their mag...

The circle is closed with this one...

Woah just saw this, thank you @Famine for the coverage and everyone for the kind words :cheers:

The idea for this project actually came from my early days in GTPlanet, when a bunch of talented photographers here put together a community magazine using GT5 (GTLife was it?).

Truly grateful for everything I've learned from this amazing community!

Last edited:
Back