GTPlanet to Broadcast 2021 International GT League World Series

I was surprised at the low numbers watching this live on YouTube as it was a really high quality broadcast and while the field was somewhat spread out there were some intense battle packs.

Great job by the four front runners and excellent racing between the two pairs at the end of the race. Congratulations to Quinten, Will and Nico. Also a great drive by Miro to keep things interesting.

Selection Event 2 qualifiers are starting in a bit less than 6 hours, multiple sessions will be run during about 3 hours then. If you're A+, pick your Corvette C3, your comfort mediums and come have fun on Interlagos !

With how close the qualy was and the bits of practice I've been able to witness, we're gonna have some great racing action there guys ! Don't miss that one !

Selection Event 3 is live!

Let's see if I got this: Will was demoted from P2 to P3 after race 2. That's why he's in race 3 yes? But can't race in the others. Or... being under age, he can't qualify for the main event but CAN win races 3 trough 6 with the first 18 year old after him going to the finals?

Let's see if I got this: Will was demoted from P2 to P3 after race 2. That's why he's in race 3 yes? But can't race in the others. Or... being under age, he can't qualify for the main event but CAN win races 3 trough 6 with the first 18 year old after him going to the finals?
No.

Will is 16 years old. When he raced in race one, the rules made him ineligible for the main GT3 series (due to prizes being awarded; competition legislation makes it awkward to admit non-adults), so his qualification spot went to the next eligible driver - and he was reserved a place in the GT4 undercard.

However a new sponsor has come in and the prizes it offers are available to under-18s in the EU, so Will is now eligible. He raced again in race three and has now qualified.

No.

Will is 16 years old. When he raced in race one, the rules made him ineligible for the main GT3 series (due to prizes being awarded; competition legislation makes it awkward to admit non-adults), so his qualification spot went to the next eligible driver - and he was reserved a place in the GT4 undercard.

However a new sponsor has come in and the prizes it offers are available to under-18s in the EU, so Will is now eligible. He raced again in race three and has now qualified.

Yep, this is the case

To elaborate further - in the 2020 Series we had a straight up cash prize, this was very much reserved for competitors that are 18+ as you can imagine.

At the start of the 2021 Series, it was not yet clear what direction the prize was going in, so we took the safest bet and piggybacked the 2020 prize rules.

Mobiuz coming on board as a sponsor meant we had to go in and adjust the rules to make certain countries inelibigle, as its not possible to ship to certain territories. However, as we're no longer offering a prize that was cash, it was also possible to loosen the restrictions in select countries.

We didn't have to loosen these restrictions, but we lost some potential competitors in countries we had to make ineligible (Italy being the biggest loss here) so we thought it'd be fair if we did some extra work to balance that negative tradeoff with a positive tradeoff, and so now some youngsters can get involved. :)

Lobby qualifiers for SE4 opening in less than 3 hours. Yes, it's intermediate tyres on dry conditions, that's not a mistake.

Can I just say well done to all involved maintaining the quality of the broadcast despite the technical difficulties. Hopefully the next one runs smooth for you.

Back