GTPlanet vs. Mariah Carey [2019]

• Thread starter Daniel
  • 350 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright yeah, let's do it. I'm in for sure. I've never survived until now and I especially don't expect to this time around. Thanks whoever's idea this was.

I got carey'd out @Daniel. Stupid Facebook autoplay video got me good. Watch yourself for Christmas themed Trojan horses (videos) folks.

@Daniel I'm in.

I just want you all to know, I mod and write for this lovely place. :mischievous:

I guarantee I'll get Mariah'd at some point because I'm always in the supermarket or some place, but I will try and prevail.

That was close :scared::scared:

I just got the Mariah Walkers advert on Youtube, but luckily the 5 second version doesn't play the song. Be warned.

I’m in @Daniel
No way I’m gonna win it, but we’ll see.

EDIT: Well that’s not even fair. Opened my door in a parking lot outside a Five Below, and some one near by had it blaring in their car.

Lasted 4 hours 42 minutes.
I’m out @Daniel

Last edited:
I'm in!

I feel like being in Japan offers me safety, but it's when I come for Christmas to the Philippines that scares me, my country does not hold back when it comes to Christmas music.

Probably have to get myself some noise cancelling earphones by then :lol:

S
I'm in!

I feel like being in Japan offers me safety, but it's when I come for Christmas to the Philippines that scares me, my country does not hold back when it comes to Christmas music.

Probably have to get myself some noise cancelling earphones by then :lol:

Stay away from malls and convenience stores when you do come by for Christmas. I got Carey'd out by a random vid yesterday, and just this morning at a Mini Stop convenience store. Hoo-boy you'll really need those noise-cancelling earphones.

Stay away from malls and convenience stores when you do come by for Christmas. I got Carey'd out by a random vid yesterday, and just this morning at a Mini Stop convenience store. Hoo-boy you'll really need those noise-cancelling earphones.
That's my biggest worry, malls are just some of the places I know I'll be in a lot during my stay :lol:

Kinda grateful the song to avoid has changed cus I actually enjoy Last Christmas :lol: I'm in, hopefully I can break my tradition of losing unbelievably fast

If I'm being honest, I've found this song much, much more difficult to avoid than Wham!'s Last Christmas.

Good luck, folks.

@Daniel @TJ13 - Might as well sign me up. I've been threatened at work they will Carey me... but I'd like to see how long I last.

Last edited:
I'm in!!

Interesting about the change of song, I just saw the other night they're making a sappy rom-com featuring a lot of George Michael's music (including you know what), thought that would have made this year interesting with a whole extra layer of movie trailers, promos and advertisements to avoid! :lol:

I'm already out (not from hearing it in the wild, but from a video about a completely different song), but the record store where I live recently stocked all the Christmas albums and Mariah Carey's Christmas album is among them. If I'm going to pick up an album (there isn't anything I want that badly right now, at least from what I can find at the store) I'm definitely not picking up any of the Christmas albums.

Super duper hard mode: Avoid hearing Mariah, Wham, Wizard and Slade. Also avoid Secret Santa at work and visiting *those* family members.

Ultra Mode: Don't hear, see, smell, say, type or write the word Christmas ever. Even by reading this rule, you've failed it.

After a little arm twisting, I talked @Daniel into adding how the Careying! occurred. We're still leaving out the dates.

Second post updated through here.

I got Whammed two days into November by the Last Christmas movie trailer. I’ve played the game for as long as I can remember and it’s ended up being a fair bit of festive fun for me and my fiancé over the years. Shame to see George and the guys put in the attic, but from a respect point of view it makes a lot of sense.

I haven’t specifically been listening for it, but I don’t think the former Mrs Packer has hit my ear holes yet this year.

Sign me up Scotty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back