GTPlanet vs. Mariah Carey [2019]

• Thread starter Daniel
  • 350 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard some Christmas music in a store for the first time today but didn't I hear the Mariah Carey song.

I was really tempted to Carey @W3HS while having a beer with him.

But it was too early in the season, and that would just have been downright mean.

I’m out. Missus likes to watch tik tok videos and someone did some kind of millennial thing involving that song. :rolleyes:

@Daniel
Ended up crashing out just 20 minutes into the start of my work day. Radio at decided it was a good time to play Mariah IN THE MIDDLE OF FREAKING NOVEMBER. Noises from the machines couldn't drown it out.

🤬 you Radio 1. Super annoyed at that.

Ohhh boy..., what a close call I've had on IG Stories 10 minutes ago... :ouch::ouch:, thankfully the music was off!! :embarrassed:

I had a very, very close call. The radio I usually listen to was announcing Mariah Carey's Christmas album. I proceeded immediately to shut the radio down. If I was distracted, a couple of more seconds and I would be out in November and that would be ultimate defeat

I was really tempted to Carey @W3HS while having a beer with him.

But it was too early in the season, and that would just have been downright mean.

You’d have broken my fragile heart. ;)

Also, Spotify has a whole playlist dedicated this horrific song (Don't worry, Spotify doesn't have autoplay, granted I still wouldn't click it, just posted it for proof). So be wary as I think Spotify is very much against us in our new quest. :nervous:

Spotify even hints at trying that **** with me they lose my subscription.

I've been shopping quite often recently and have been lucky enough to miss out on a lot of Christmas songs. I did get whammed from an ad for Last Christmas that was playing on TV but my noise-cancelling headphones have been instrumental in keeping me in the game. :D

I heard it today while in a shopping centre, could have been a cover as it didn’t sound like the original but I couldn’t confirm so I guess I’m out @Daniel.

The enemy approaches from all sides. I slowly withdraw from civilisation, becoming a recluse as I avoid all danger zones. Shopping only in convenience stores to avoid the shopping center. The radio is banned. Soon it will be time to mute all audio when loading something that could contain an advert and thus the dreaded jingle.

I'm scared of what might become of me, but I want to survive. More than you could ever know.

If I was distracted, a couple of more seconds and I would be out in November and that would be ultimate defeat

Can we be out in November? For some reason I'd thought it began on December 1st and that we had time to develop our avoidance strategies :D

@Daniel

On November 25th, I fell to Mariah Carrey.

Also heard Last Christmas today. Someone must really want others to know it’s Christmas already.

Damn, I really hate this Christmas in November culture. It’s not for another month, nobody cares if you’re excited! :grumpy:

November. 26th. Have just thrown away the phone of my gf, as she stated she would like to check christmas playlists. I had to pick it up again from the floor and was forced to apologize 20 times. But no christmas songs, yet. I will fight till the 1st of December.

Footage of @ringkurier:

2EGq8AM.gif

I'm already out. Turkeys haven't even thawed and work has the easy listening station with nothing but Christmas songs all day long

Jinxing myself for sure but aside from that one scare on Twitter. I'm yet to hear any Christmas music. Probably helps that I'm a bit of a hermit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back