GTPlanet vs. Mariah Carey [2019]

• Thread starter Daniel
  • 350 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
m2Rruba.png

@Daniel
@TJ13

I was vacuuming part of the house and guess what played over Pandora the moment I finished? I've been to at least a two dozen stores, as many restaurants, and other public places (hotels, airports, dealerships) in seven states, and I get burned at home.

Even the "classic Christmas songs" zone is no safe haven. Remind me to stay in the garage next year.

...still less annoying than Last Christmas.

Last edited:
I've just tested the @Jordan button with the volume turned up. I was already being Careyed at the time (my 2nd of the season) so I took the opportunity to test his glorious programming skills.

I've just tested the @Jordan button with the volume turned up. I was already being Careyed at the time (my 2nd of the season) so I took the opportunity to test his glorious programming skills.

I think it’s Famine’s dastardly work.

@Daniel I'm also out, I heard the song during a commercial break in TV :indiff:
On the positive side, I'm not scared anymore :D
But oh well, 22 days without Carey is a good run, I think
(By the way, I've yet to hear Last Christmas and this bothers me)

The sheer number of strikethroughs on the first page of everyone who got Carey'd so far is quite impressive. :lol:

@Daniel @TJ13 I'm out. Carey'd by a local grocery store that doesn't even celebrate Christmas.

(it was an Islamic grocery store – quite common in Indonesia, hence the absolute irony :lol:)

Guess what song came on at work? Not from the radio, but someone's streaming playlist. Except I'm already out so it doesn't matter. At least I got to hear Ray of Light.

I have made it so far. My local radio stations have stopped playing Christmas music already, so now I just need to survive the lobby at work. Good thing for noise cancelling headphones.

TB
I am, right this second, being Careyed. In Louisiana. At a Waffle House. 🤬

TB
I am, right this second, being Whammed! In Louisiana. In a Family Dollar.

I hate this state. :lol:
It's like you said, "What terrible things do they have here that I can't get in North Dakota?" :lol:

Reactions: TB
EDK
It's like you said, "What terrible things do they have here that I can't get in North Dakota?" :lol:
I was more a case of what the hell is open on Christmas Day so we can find some food. :lol:

Reactions: EDK
TB
I was more a case of what the hell is open on Christmas Day so we can find some food. :lol:

So you went into the "We serve Carey" house. :lol:

Well... kinda...

December 28th 2018:

December 12th 2018:

But I wasn't all that pioneering either... December 10, 2016:

January 8th, 2013:

December 5th, 2011:

November 5th, 2011:

It seems we've all wanted Mariah Carey for Christmas for a while :lol:

I was actually just lamenting being Whammed on Christmas day by my sister. This post brought to my attention the retirement of GTP's long time feud with Wham and a new enemy, but I was Carey'd long before I even knew she was the new enemy.

Dread it, run from it, but Mariah Carey is inevitable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back