GTPlanet vs. Mariah Carey [2020]

• Thread starter Daniel
  • 244 comments

Please indicate your Carey'd status below:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Spotify is now recommending "Christmas Pop" playlists...
giphy (2).gif

The site isn't showing many notifications about threads. I thought the silence meant nobody had been Carey'd. But when I enter, I see carnage.

Paying Spotify Premium this time, Mariah will NOT end another streak!! 👍

A USB thumb drive with music that you've selected, not the computers picking the popular stuff.

I'm in. Checking in on the official Christmas station in the area is going to be sketchy.

See above.

I'm in considering I'm going to go precisely nowhere. Although, I fully expect this to be all over InstaTok or whatever my wife watches all those viral videos on.

That's like knowing that you'll face a firing squad at dawn. You know how you're going to die. :lol: I didn't know how beneficial those cheap Bluetooth headphones that I got my GF would be regarding her TicToc obsession.

I’m in.
Merry Mariahmas

The proper term for the rest of us is "Carey Christmas". :lol:

Not going to my cousins for Thanksgiving or Christmas, planning to do all my holiday shopping online, and dont have a radio in my truck. Should be no problem in theory.... Right?

Not sure if that's cheating or a brilliant strategy. Would be a good excuse to drive my '69 for the rest of the year. AM only. Choices are 1 country station, 2 talk stations, numerous religious channels & about a million Spanish music channels. Stay away from talk radio. Coming back or going to commercial breaks might get them enough time to sprinkle Carey into the background.

I'm in.

Anyone know if there are any ill effects from wearing double layered hearing protection for 2 straight months?

You also miss a ton of political chatter. But, that's not really an ill effect, is it? :lol:

See above.
I work for a few radio stations as my job. One of my tasks are to check in on the stations, as in go into the studio and check timing to make sure it's running properly and on the air.

I have Spotify premium ;)

The biggest threat I have is the fact I work at an auto auction. Anybody could just leave the radio on in a car I get in to move.

The biggest threat I have is the fact I work at an auto auction. Anybody could just leave the radio on in a car I get in to move.
Well, no Carey yet, but the radio was left on in a car I had to move and I did get Whammed. Don’t know if I’ll make it

Last edited:
It's not quite Thanksgiving yet, but what the hey, throwing my hat in the ring. Going to be double-dipping though, I know we retired the Wham challenge officially, but I'm going to do it still.

Major bullet dodged this morning on my way to work. Car radio gave advanced warning so instant mute allows me to continue for another day.

Last edited:
Ok, watch out for Instagram...

Edit: So... today my coworkers are gonna have a Christmas dinner today (even if it's not even December)... I'll head up and say it was a pleasure to play this year :(

Double edit: I SURV1V3D!!! ♥ My coworkers didn't play any music, thankfully!! ♥

Last edited:
So far I've been repeatedly whammed (which I don't mind as I do enjoy the song) and had the displeasure of hearing several covers of the Mariah Carey song but no signs of the original version. I really need to break my habit of cycling radio stations in my van though as my #4 preset has made their annual switch from classic rock to Christmas music. :nervous:

Met my demise at work today. I couldn't even run as I was caught in a conversation with my manager when I got an earful of Mariah...

I got Carey'd too. It was last week, but I only remembered it now. I've heard the song at least one time since.

Not a Careying yet but I did get
censored.gif
ed the other day by a mechanic's radio in a building I can't avoid going into.

For me, the true horror caused by hearing the
censored.gif
boys can't magically be reallocated to a different song just because GTP changed its focus.

It's as if the whole thing was always just a game to you people.

Not a Careying yet but I did get
censored.gif
ed the other day by a mechanic's radio in a building I can't avoid going into.

For me, the true horror caused by hearing the
censored.gif
boys can't magically be reallocated to a different song just because GTP changed its focus.

It's as if the whole thing was always just a game to you people.
I would have been out regardless if we were playing Whamageddon! still. I somehow heard that two weeks before MC "gracefully" shown her presence. I usually hear MC first before Wham!...

Mum's discovered Spotify's Christmas playlist. I might as well sign up even though I don't think I'll make it to December.

Last edited:
DK
Mum's discovered Spotify's Christmas playlist. I might as well sign up even though I don't think I'll make it to December.
That's less than 8 hours away. I love the optimism. :lol:
Good luck anyway with getting through the day. One day at a time.

Still in though I got a harsh smack of reality grocery shopping last night, as soon as I entered the supermarket I heard Rod Stewart warbling away Auld Lang Syne and couldn't believe amongst the other Xmas songs Mariah didn't pop up.

I'm still in two minds of whether I should enlist the help of Mrs Shaun by telling her of the situation as she did assist in me one year of the Wham era and yet also turned in me in another year. Afaik she still thinks it's Wham season.

Latest Posts

Back