GTPlanet vs. Mariah Carey [2020]

• Thread starter Daniel
  • 244 comments

Please indicate your Carey'd status below:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I surv1v3d... I still can't believe I surv1v3d going Christmas shopping with my mom today (although we just bought a couple of jeans for the new year)... Still, needless to say, I was begging God to not play the song...

@Daniel @TJ13

Went to a restaurant with the girlfriend that we hadn't been to in a long time. It was attached to a shopping mall. Earned major brownie points with the GF. I let my guard down. Carey was in mid-song. No way to escape. And it's playing again in the same mall. :banghead:

Edit: since I pissed her off a couple of weeks ago by asking her not to play popular Christmas music, I decided to play it on the radio after I got Careyed. I got it a 3rd time on the ride home. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
@Daniel @TJ13

Mum started playing Christmas songs. At that time, I knew it wasn't long as I wasn't watching anything. Thanks mum...

Heard it a second time at dinner as well.

Last edited:
I'm still clean for now but I'll be getting close to the edge for he next week or so. I'm doing some kind of Christmas sleepover and who knows what'll happen with the music. I'm also here for my mom's birthday (she turns 50 today) though it seems to be mostly jazz for the music.

Okay, there's more than just jazz on here. No Carey yet but who knows what'll happen now.

Last edited:
DBLjmA6.jpg

Thought I would be good this year, come to find out the Salvation Army person in front of my local Publix has a bluetooth speaker that plays all the Christmas music.

Still have somehow managed to avoid the Carey, but going grocery shopping will be playing on hard mode form here on out.

I haven't left my house because I have been feeling unwell since last week.

Even if I did go out, I haven't gone to any grocery store in weeks.

I haven't hanged out irresponsibly, and I only leave my house when I have driving duties/jobs, with the radio switched off throughout the journey.

I thought living in an Islam-dominant country would mean that I'm safe.

But leave it to a friend who posted a video of a Christmas-prepped Abarth 695 on Instagram (antlers and everything), with the song reff suddenly playing halfway through the montage.

@Daniel @TJ13 I'm out.

I haven't left my house because I have been feeling unwell since last week.

Even if I did go out, I haven't gone to any grocery store in weeks.

I haven't hanged out irresponsibly, and I only leave my house when I have driving duties/jobs, with the radio switched off throughout the journey.

I thought living in an Islam-dominant country would mean that I'm safe.

But leave it to a friend who posted a video of a Christmas-prepped Abarth 695 on Instagram (antlers and everything), with the song reff suddenly playing halfway through the montage.

@Daniel @TJ13 I'm out.
Have your computer defaulted to 'mute' and make sure that your volume is off while opening any links.
Nothing is safe.

& get well soon.

For all the survivors who made it so far... Good luck to all of us in these 3 days!! If we reached this far!! It's all the way to the end!! :cheers:

Got Whammed in the car a couple of weeks ago. Honestly that only the real Christmas music I've heard to this point. Not going outside a lot does have some benefits. :lol:

Went out to see the Christmas lights in town with the family. Came across a radio/lightshow house, and got Carey'd a second time.

Then they put it on the Christmas music radio station, and it was only a matter of time before dear old George Michael paid a visit. Got whammed just before Christmas Eve.

I'm not even playing but I got beat last night at an empty automatic car wash. Damn you Mike's Carwash!

Today FM got me literally 20 seconds ago.

I have managed to survive so far. Worst thing that has happened is getting wham'd by my sister today and I am not exactly stressed :lol:

Count me out @Daniel or whoever was running this. I got knocked out in the exact way I predicted. I'm hanging out with some friends of my parents for Christmas and the music playlist includes, well, take a guess. And some Christmas blues.

Last edited:
Made it to Christmas morning without Carey catching me. Now to survive the rest of the year.

Made the mistake of watching Top of the Pops and then hit the Carey when they went over the charts.

Didn't even sign up and I'm still disappointed.

Damn and blast!

Last edited:
Radio 2 most played Christmas song in the 21st century is the Pogues fairytale of New York. You can listen to it again on the iPlayer. It would be a really good idea to avoid the number 3 though.

Totally got Wham!'d this morning in the restroom at work and my heart may have skipped a beat before remembering it's Mariah we are avoiding. :lol:

Back