GTPlanet vs. Mariah Carey [2020]

• Thread starter Daniel
  • 244 comments

Please indicate your Carey'd status below:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
7xmh2kiw7j761.png

Arrived at my aunt's house for Christmas on the 24th, got Whamme'd.
On the 25th, I got Mariah'd.

I hate my family. :lol:

I somehow survived both MC and Wham! this year. I don’t know how as I wasn’t very cautious and totally forgot I was playing most of the time. I used the radio, went shopping, watched videos online. Not a peep.

Now to attempt hard mode.

Think for the first time in around three or four years. I actually survived.

Congrats to those who did. 👍

Surprisingly, Carey has been nowhere to be found. Just one more day for me, headphones and earbuds at the ready.

I have survived 2020 without getting Carey'd - although I had a scare when I flipped on CNN to watch the countdown and saw them interviewing her. Immediate hearing aid removal followed by a scramble to hit the mute button on the remote.:lol:

Happy new year to all.

Happy new year everyone!! :D... I finally took my revenge of 2019!! :D I surv1v3!! :D

Congratulations to all the surv1vors!! A number still low IMO considering most of us were locked down due to the pandemic, but still congratulations to us all!! :D

I survived without hearing that awful Christmas song.

We should do a more hardcore challenge: GT Planet vs. Black Pink (2021) where we have to avoid the ice cream song or any of Black Pink's songs for the entire year.

I survived as well. A personal survival because I didn't play and still I'm posting in this thread. :odd:

General Rules and Guidelines:
  • Survive the remainder of 2020 (i.e. 23:59.59 in your time zone) without listening to All I Want For Christmas Is You by Mariah Carey
  • Only the original song performed by Mariah Carey counts. Remixes and the duet version with Justin Bieber don't count.
  • Hearing any part of the song counts as getting Carey'd. If you're unsure whether it's a remix or the duet version, keep listening to find out, or use apps such as Shazam or Google Assistant. If you're still not sure, it may be in good faith to consider yourself out.
  • GIFs, still images or muted video do not count.
  • When you hear the music, consider yourself Carey'd, out of the competition..
  • With the Banned User Log now retired for some time, we now have 'Underneath Mariah's Christmas Tree' If you get Carey'd, post here and tag myself (@Daniel or @TJ13) so one of us get a notification and can promptly update it.
  • New for 2020! I have added a poll that allows you to change the vote. This can give us an indication of the ratio of 'safe' to 'Carey'd' players.
  • Do not post any links to the song in this thread without sufficient warning. This place is a safe haven.
  • While the rest of the site is free reign, keep in mind the site's rules regarding misleading (next bullet point)
  • You will not knowingly post any material that is false, misleading, or inaccurate.
  • If you play the link in the OP with any intention outside of refreshing your memory (i.e.playing it over Skype or PSN), you will be Carey'd if you hear it.

I survived :D

After being Jordan'd last year and getting Whammed regularly before that, I'm happy to say I avoided both Mariah and George Michael this year.:D

Roll in a great 2021 for everyone here!

I survived without hearing that awful Christmas song.

We should do a more hardcore challenge: GT Planet vs. Black Pink (2021) where we have to avoid the ice cream song or any of Black Pink's songs for the entire year.
Seems pretty easy. I can't lose because I have absolutely no idea what any of those things sound like, so I'd be entirely unaware of hearing them even if I did.

I survived for the first time in I don't know how many years. :lol:

Unless I heard it and didn't pay attention to/notice it. Oh no, Schrödinger's Carey...

Got cover Carey'd, but other than that I survived this time!

Happy new year everyone!

Last edited:
Seems pretty easy. I can't lose because I have absolutely no idea what any of those things sound like, so I'd be entirely unaware of hearing them even if I did.

I’d be out right away. Kpop is really big here. All the kids listen to Black Pink. I don’t mind when it’s requested because they’re all quite nice to look at.

I managed to survive.

Good thing my neighborhood plays cover versions of the song.

Wait a sec. It's 2021. That couldn't possibly mean... I did it!!!

:eek:

I survived my first Wham / Carey challenge!!

Back