GTPlanet vs. Mariah Carey [2021]

• Thread starter Daniel
  • 328 comments

Please indicate your Carey'd status below - you can change your response once CAREYD

• Total voters
Which one of you posted this on imgur today? :lol:

uj5xIpr.jpeg

This says rookie to me all the way to the bank, keep your guard up mate danger lurks unseen or heard everywhere.
Hence the proviso which finished off the sentence you quoted. Nevertheless I don't see many chances between here and 31st Dec to hear the song unless I put it on myself or somebody on here deliberately drops it on me.

Last edited:
I expect I'm not going to make it out of December, but the music system at work has been conking out at odd times during the mornings and the new store manager isn't too keen on spending money to fix such things this late in the year so long as the overhead PA keeps working. We'll see what happens, I guess...

I just saw this thread and I'm already out. Heard the song earlier today on tv. They were talking about places banning the song.

It's no 'all I want for Christmas is you', but you'll have to do with this to get your Mariah Christmas fix.

I just saw this thread and I'm already out. Heard the song earlier today on tv. They were talking about places banning the song.
If they were talking about banning the song, why play it then?

I am not going to be in this year.
Too many things to plan and prepare and do.
Traveling is one of them (Maybe) 😁

I'm a little late but...
I'm in
I have been keeping an eye tunes for the song and haven't heard it yet. My only real threat is my mom's house and my wife playing random Xmas movies. Thankfully my son usually rules the TV so not to much threat of losing.

I'm ready again, predict I'll lose sometime toward the end of school term when it inevitably comes floating past my office window like a breeze of festive pestilence upon the land.

So far so good. However I have noticed that adverts are starting to go all Christmassy online, so is GTPlanet Vs Mariah going to be the thing that finally forces me to give in and try YouTube premium? Adblock works fine on desktop, but I haven't found anything that stops ads on mobile, and they're the bane of my life. Is this the straw that breaks the Camel's back?

Now that homebody-ness has gone up majorfold for many, I imagine the most probable place for us to get dinged is a random Youtube Adbreak.

Imagine your favourite youtuber gets sponsored by this song lol

Now that homebody-ness has gone up majorfold for many, I imagine the most probable place for us to get dinged is a random Youtube Adbreak.

Imagine your favourite youtuber gets sponsored by this song lol
We'll all be screwed if someone like PewDiePie, KSI, MrBeast, Dude Perfect etc catches wind of this game and decides to screw their audience over.

We'll all be screwed if someone like PewDiePie, KSI, MrBeast, Dude Perfect etc catches wind of this game and decides to screw GTP over.

FIFY, unless I've been living under a rock for the last 10 years. :lol:

FIFY, unless I've been living under a rock for the last 10 years. :lol:
Whamageddon picked up a few years ago, so there will be some people in their audience who play the game. Anyway, I doubt more than 10% of the signed up GTPers to this subscribe to at least two of those YouTubers I just mentioned.

We'll all be screwed if someone like PewDiePie, KSI, MrBeast, Dude Perfect etc catches wind of this game and decides to screw their audience over.
I don't watch any of them so I'd be fine from them.

I only know of those YouTubers because they have subs on Reddit.

Pretty sure the miniature hobbyist and outdoor focused channels I watch are safe havens from Mariah.

I'm in.

Lost on the 31st December last year because I didn't follow these two crucial rules:
  • Do not trust anyone.
  • Do not trust anyone.
Informed one of my friends that I was actively avoiding Mariah.
On the 31st December I received an audio message from him for what he described as some loud car he heard on the street.
Of course that's not at all what it was, and on the final day I got Carey'd.

I won't be reminding him of that this year, so hopefully he doesn't remember and I am able to survive for the full year.

Any chance of the list of participants getting updated, @Daniel or @TB?

On second thought. Don't worry about it actually. Can't technically lose, if my name isn't the list. :dopey:

Last edited:
Back