GTPlanet's Gran Turismo World Tour Driver Rankings: August 2019 Edition

Over half the grid has the capability to win, but the results of these Live Events are basically fully determined by the Semi Final BoP, which determines the grid slots in the Final, and since the X2019 has a lot of dirty air, that makes overtaking without a large tyre advantage borderline impossible, Especially on that mess of a new slipstream model which has amplified the problem even more :lol:

Will be interesting to see if the video game driving culture eventually spawns a real world driver that makes it to F1 or other top driving competition. For me there isn't quite as much prestige driving in a video game as there is no jeopardy involved, although the skill set certainly is very similar these days with the high end rigs...

Over half the grid has the capability to win, but the results of these Live Events are basically fully determined by the Semi Final BoP, which determines the grid slots in the Final, and since the X2019 has a lot of dirty air, that makes overtaking without a large tyre advantage borderline impossible, Especially on that mess of a new slipstream model which has amplified the problem even more :lol:

That’s why the same guy keeps winning right? Lol. Cope post..

Will be interesting to see if the video game driving culture eventually spawns a real world driver that makes it to F1 or other top driving competition.
Were Jann Mardenborough (Super GT GT500, LMP1, FIA Gold), Lucas Ordonez (LMP1, GT3, FIA Gold), Wolfgang Reip (winner Bathurst 12hr, Blancpain Endurance Series Pro Cup), Florian Strauss (winner Bathurst 12hr), and Mark Shulzhitskiy (LMP1) not enough?

Except he didn't win at Paris and the race leader at Nürburgring was fired into the barricade on the final corner.

Absolutely nothing I said is false.

Why do they use a different BoP then the one used for FIA/Sport Mode? What else is different car wise at a live event vs regular online play?

Why do they use a different BoP then the one used for FIA/Sport Mode? What else is different car wise at a live event vs regular online play?

They use a 'track specific' BoP but then all the competitors practice with it and always find that its miles off. Its never sufficiently tested.

The build they use on stage is normally 1-2 months worth of updates ahead, meaning any physics updates in the future or any other changes are being used.

They use a 'track specific' BoP but then all the competitors practice with it and always find that its miles off. Its never sufficiently tested.

The build they use on stage is normally 1-2 months worth of updates ahead, meaning any physics updates in the future or any other changes are being used.

Thanks for the info. :cheers: I wonder why they don’t just use the current build/BoP?

Another question, is each rig built with/attached to its own PS4 at live events or are they all running off of some sort of Super PS4 or a Computer? I noticed at the last event there was some sort of Box to the left of each wheel with wires running in/out of it?

Last edited:
Were Jann Mardenborough (Super GT GT500, LMP1, FIA Gold), Lucas Ordonez (LMP1, GT3, FIA Gold), Wolfgang Reip (winner Bathurst 12hr, Blancpain Endurance Series Pro Cup), Florian Strauss (winner Bathurst 12hr), and Mark Shulzhitskiy (LMP1) not enough?

I stand corrected!, I wasnt aware of these drivers I only follow F1 motorsport closely myself.

Back