GTPlanet's Guide to PlayStation & Xbox Black Friday 2020 Deals

OK-ish deals i guess, i was looking at other non racing games too etc how come they are more expensive in eur than usd in certain cases for example yakuza 6 is 7.99 usd and 12.99 eur

I am really stupid... I bought PS PLUS a week ago. I could have waited 1 week since I didn't play much anyway and I could have saved 15... At least that's not A LOT of money...

Saw one of the games I been looking forward to getting for the longest while once available on discount. I think it's the first time on discount.
Ghost of Tsushima
Standard edition (33%): Was US59.99. Now US$40.19
Digital Deluxe edition (29%): Was US$69.99. Now US$49.69

Gonna grab the Deluxe edition before the sale ends.

Funny euro dolar exchange... As always
There are some truly odd prices in there - but then some games aren't even discounted in some regions at all. I guess it's a region-level decision as to what's discounted and what isn't.

Interesting that cross-platform titles are usually the same price too.

FH4 Ultimate add-ons bundle looks like good value to me. £16 for everything outside the base game...

Regarding exchange rates/odd prices, why is the XBSX/PS5 $499/£450 but the 1tb expansion card $220/£220?

Shouldn't the expansion card be £200 or slightly less?

You see the exchange difference in games/controllers & online services, so why not these cards.

Last edited:
The only thing I'll be getting for sure is Persona 5 Royal. 30 bucks is a steal for such a wonderful game 👍 Also might pick up a couple of DS4s if I happen to come across a sale.

Regarding exchange rates/odd prices, why is the XBSX/PS5 $499/£450 but the 1tb expansion card $220/£220?

You see the exchange difference in games/controllers & online services, so why not these cards.
I belive that you refer to the ssd memory. They are very expensive at this moment

Last edited:

The expansion card is $220/£220, but also between €250 and €270 depending on the countries... So it seems that UK is on par but US market gets a discount there.

Well Black Friday deals worked out for me as I needed to buy a digital copy of Gran Turismo Sport so I can play it on my digital PS5.

I also picked up Need for Speed Heat to complete my PS4 Need for Speed Collection but not sure exactly when I'll play that one and I extended my PS Plus Subscription again with the deal so I am covered for online gaming until Dec 2022.

I know this article thread is pointing to games on the Playstation and Xbox stores, but i noticed that Amazon(UK)'s Black Friday deals include the Logitech G29 & G920 wheels for £159.99 (rrp£299) with the Shifter down to £30 (rrp£49).

There are some truly odd prices in there - but then some games aren't even discounted in some regions at all. I guess it's a region-level decision as to what's discounted and what isn't.

Interesting that cross-platform titles are usually the same price too.

FH4 Ultimate add-ons bundle looks like good value to me. £16 for everything outside the base game...

FH4 Ultimate add-ons bundle price was highlighted in my cough earlier thread cough :sly:

In fact, I also mentioned that if you pick up digital code from Amazon of standard edition then add the add-ons bundle, that saves you £5 on the Ultimate Edition price in the Xbox sale.

Which is enough to buy another copy of Burnout Paradise Remastered on a third console system :lol:

Back