GTP's "weekly" DC: We all go ecollogic and design a "green" car!

• Thread starter Cano
  • 86 comments

Cano

Premium
Mexico
Cephiro
as you read, this "week" (two months, yeah :dopey: ) ww will design a "green" car, make it electric, solar, eats very little gas, tel us why and how it would work. get real crazy, this might work and might nt, but what the hell? try on.
as usual, no time limit. get to draw people.

Cano

O.K., I think I'll go with the solar car, I'll try and see what I can come up with. I like this one:D

Hmm, the solar car is more difficult that i suspected.I might have to try soemthing else.

can it still look like a normal car, say for example, a Scion tC with solar roof panals? or does it have to look swoopy

I'm assuming this is more toward the concept arena so it's what ever you can dream up. After all most alternative fuels are still dreams. I was thinking of doing something crazy, I guess maybe like tron just without the cheezyness (I hope). To go with the "supersize me" movie (didn't see it) I'd make it powered by cheeze burgers or maybe even how many times you cut the cheeze? :D

Mmmm, cheeseburger powered car....

One for me, one for you, one for me one for you.

Jpec07
:mischievous: Cano, you won't regret this one at all...

:odd: ok...
actually, I was thinking also a solar car, but I want to do a weeeird one. well, all this might turn out in something really intresting. 👍

:D green car.. hmmm.. i think mine will be lawn-powered :D lol.. already got a name for it. SPIKE <-- hint.

OK, I'll take on some advice and I'm making a Penguin Powered Car! It won't be jumping (:() but it will still be penguin powered none the least!

a green car must be aerodynamic, to reduce drag and improve fuel economy.

a green car must be big, to allow more passenger seating, to reduce the amount of vehicles that must be used for transport.

a green car must also be lightweight, to reduce unsprung weight which leads to higher engine strain, and as a result, increased fuel usage.

i wish to achieve all of these points in my creation

Those aren't all necessarily true. If you're using a normal fossil-fuel internal-conbustion engine then yeah, you can't get away from those. However, change the engine and you save alot of that trouble. I already have a few sketches of the new design of my car and its innards, so far it's looking sweet.

shima
a green car must be aerodynamic, to reduce drag and improve fuel economy.

a green car must be big, to allow more passenger seating, to reduce the amount of vehicles that must be used for transport.

a green car must also be lightweight, to reduce unsprung weight which leads to higher engine strain, and as a result, increased fuel usage.

i wish to achieve all of these points in my creation
Is that a contradiction or is it just me???

💡 I did some sketches today which didn't turn out GREAT but not too bad. Anyway this is harder than I thought but I'm trying hard....I get some colour pencils in about a week so i can add some depths to my creation then.

they are true in the fact that they are my opinions.
not facts.. obviously, with no scientific proof i cannot back my statements, but those are traits i wish for my green car to have.

Jpec07
Those aren't all necessarily true. If you're using a normal fossil-fuel internal-conbustion engine then yeah, you can't get away from those. However, change the engine and you save alot of that trouble. I already have a few sketches of the new design of my car and its innards, so far it's looking sweet.

well, I'm just going to point out to you now that the goals you have don't coincide with each other. Lightweight and more passengers are contradictory, as well as big and aerodynamic. Good luck getting it to work though. 👍

I got some features I want to add to my concept even though there not so "green" but I think there becoming essential. :irked:

1. A system consisting of a voice to text that will display around the car so that I can clearly tell the idiot behind me or in front of me to turn there stupid ass high beams off. :odd:

2. A system that retracts from my car that will physically slap the driver close to me up side the head to wake up and actually drive the damn car. :odd:

I might ad more later... :rolleyes:

Cano
Im blank. Its been two days and I havent had any good idea. -_- its desperating.
Same, it's sad...:(

But on a brighter note I now have coloured pencils:D

My set is doing fine, I just have to find it. So far my ideas aren't really coming along too nicely (I'm trying to get a good view of the interior going, but I can't really draw the engine as I see it so I'm having trouble).

well, i did a 3/4 view im gunna do some more views later next week...im not to pleased the way it came out i think i might re do the whole thing and start from scratch...the way it works is theres a battery that gets the car upto crusing speed then once there there are air intakes all over the car leading to fans and those fans link to a generator...and that generator powers the electric engine...sorta complicated i still have to work out the details....

comments and criticism very very VERY welcome

Attachments

• Concept small.JPG
    Concept small.JPG
    33 KB · Views: 79
Looks good, I did a rear view of my car last night, it didn't turn out too great but I have idea's now.

shopping_carts_
well, i did a 3/4 view im gunna do some more views later next week...im not to pleased the way it came out i think i might re do the whole thing and start from scratch...the way it works is theres a battery that gets the car upto crusing speed then once there there are air intakes all over the car leading to fans and those fans link to a generator...and that generator powers the electric engine...sorta complicated i still have to work out the details....

comments and criticism very very VERY welcome

weird stuff, I like it. your mechanism would need to include a very light fan for it to produce the suficient ammount of energy to get that stuff going, but its ingenious.

Cano

hey guys, might not b in this one :-\. We just moved to Georgia with my dads company(Napa Autoparts) so theres alot of unpacking being done, but depending on how long this lasts, maybe i will try something

Back