GTP Proper Stance thread. Read First Post. (Merged)

United States
Greensboro/NC/U
jarod336/GTP_torque
Paperorplastic/ manherollen
Alright, all this is the same thread from the GT5 sections, though i want to weed out the people with the "hella sunk" wheels, as for this, this is just a Proper stance thread, Keep it proper, i even have a guide for you.

But first, what is stance? Stance is undefinable, it's not as easy as saying hard parked style, Stance has been around for ever, back in the 70's "aye man i like that mean stance on that SS" or now, "damn that civic is stanced out" a popular definition for stance seems to be, car x nice wheels x spacers/offset/stretched tires(pushing it) x lowered/ slammed = stance. Another is the photo taken at a mean aggressive angle. not to be confused with hard park style.

timthumb.php

Stanced Charger SRT-8

and a Hard Parked Integra DC2
203151692_640.jpg

Muscle car, (mean stance)
hrdp_1110_muscle_Car_stance_promo.jpg

hrdp-1110-11-o%2Bhot-rod-power-tour-participants%2Brear-view.jpg

For example.

Here is the guide.

attachment.php

I hope that guide was helpful.

And this is what we like to call "Hellasunk" It looks ridiculous, and laughably bad, it is not "Stance" at all, it is just weird.. And the GT5 thread was plagued with page after page of these type of images, for what seemed like forever, so much so that the hellasunken cars, started ending up on other sites like, reddit, 4chan, and anti rice..

ahrweilertownsquarev.jpg

ahrweilertownsquare2.jpg

.. Back then people thought this looked cool..

The following are nice definitions of stance you can Get from GT6. from their respective creators.

11291327613_ac6a80489d_z.jpg

Eric1512 BMW.

11345564623_0ae891f009_z.jpg

zzz_pt Chevorlet.

11286169706_4f808194c4_c.jpg

fcpmarcus Mazda.

11341554326_c57b2dacb8_c.jpg

KP Sensei BMW.

kyNDMVo.jpg

ZDUPH Volkswagen.

11357220733_2c5c603956.jpg

RaY29rus Alfa Romeo.

Examples of good looking stance that you can get from GT6.

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry for the crappy photo,taken with a iPad. (as I currently can't get my photos off my ps3 due to having no computer,anyone know of a image site that allows upload straight form a ps3?)
Wgv4maS.jpg

don't knock me for using a TME. It's a different setting then I use for racing.

sorry for the crappy photo,taken with a iPad. (as I currently can't get my photos off my ps3 due to having no computer,anyone know of a image site that allows upload straight form a ps3?)
Wgv4maS.jpg

don't knock me for using a TME. It's a different setting then I use for racing.

Tucking a fair bit, sir.

Stop it before it starts with this thread too, oh god i remember how horrible the first GT5 stance thread was... negative camber all over the place..and people passing it as "flush" i'm sorry what?

Agree. No offence to anyone, but:

1. horrible offset = forget stance look
2. stupidly negative camber = forget stance look
3. horrible offset + stupildy negative camber = that's why I stopped visiting 'stance' thread in GT5.

I think there should be an example or explanation in OP what does the stance even mean. That's pretty much the same situation with the 'realistic pics' thread.

I've decided that to prevent any arguing like many other threads, we need a definition of stance (what it is, and what it represents) and since I am not the best with words, I'm going to let you guys decide what the true meaning of stance is. You can PM me with your definition of stance so we dont clutter up this thread with definitions

It amazes me how many people don't know what the literal meaning of flush is.
This might sound silly, but isn't flush where your car's wheels look like they are one with the body of the car, hence "flush"? As in the wheels flush into the car's body?

Really liking how low you can get the cars this time around, that RX7,Camaro, prius, supra, 240 and C63 looks awesome.

Back