GTR Revival from Ian Bell with the original GTR2/SimBin crew announced

• Thread starter Jtheripper
  • 704 comments
Yeah I remember firing it up on PS5 and it looking horrible, arched YouTube videos, why does it look so good, oh PC on high settings. Even GT Legends on high with mods doesn’t even look too bad. Unfortunately no updates or ps5 patch was done for Pc2 because it was already dead. I’d still play it but my wheel doesn’t work well with it.
Yeah, unfortunately PC is the only good option for PC2. Just the FFB tweaks alone you can make for the game improve it dramatically. Throw in what's still considered one of the best VR experiences, and it's a great PC game, still holding it's own to current gen SIMS. Console users got shafted big time.

To me the graphics are not the greatest but I love playing it on my PS5. Just in sheer terms of tracks and car types nothing can compare to it on the consoles. Anyway back on topic Mr. Bell has been laying low so that's a good sign.

I was already hyped about this game and now, after reading this, I'm RABID for this game.
Now try to keep calm because It does say at the end of the article there will be news soon of "a delay to GTRevival’s release date". That's not unusual, but it won't help your stress levels. So here are some techniques to aid relaxation for you try out while you're waiting for the team to complete the game.
  • Deep breathing.
  • Massage.
  • Meditation.
  • Tai chi.
  • Yoga.
  • Biofeedback.
  • Music and art therapy.
  • Aromatherapy.
  • Hydrotherapy
  • Not playing any other racing games. (You've got one covered)
😄

Ah, the hype machine in full effect.

Honestly this sounds like a bit too much sim for me, but I hope it works out well.

Ah, the hype machine in full effect.

Honestly this sounds like a bit too much sim for me, but I hope it works out well.
9b3Z.gif

I'm just a console/controller lifer, raised on arcadey stuff. GT/Forza is about right, ACC is pushing it, PC2 and iRacing were too much.
I'll still probably buy the game just for the cars and tracks, but won't be racing.
Yea those games are very poor with gamepads. PC3 was decent in that regard though albeit a more arcadey game.

I'm just a console/controller lifer, raised on arcadey stuff. GT/Forza is about right, ACC is pushing it, PC2 and iRacing were too much.
I'll still probably buy the game just for the cars and tracks, but won't be racing.
I found PC2 easier on controller than ACC.

TBH I think PC2 & ACC are very good on the controller. Especially when you get the settings right. PC3 is much better on controller than those 2 though. Hopefully if this is ever released on console I hope the controls are somewhere in between those games

Why on earth did you have to share this article?

I was already hyped about this game and now, after reading this, I'm RABID for this game.

Fantastic find! THANK YOU FOR SHARING

I don't want to play any other racing game until this comes out

Man - there are still several go sims. AMS2 is fantastic even if a little heavy on the formula cars. PC2 can still hold its own. I know a lot of PC2 content is now available as mods for AMS2. With that said if someone came out with combined AMS2 and PC2 would instantly purchase it. I need to see about getting track mod for AMS2 just have not taken the time to do that. One of the things I like about PC series and AMS2 you can change driving views to basically anything you want. The with AMS2 you can even adjust the mirrors.

I am optimistic that GTR REVIVAL can take sim racing to a new level if they can get real time crew chief and commentary to work great.

Back