[GTR2][RACE] GTR2Series Season 2 - Good Ending vs. Sad Air Horn

• Thread starter rallymorten
  • 1,347 comments
Preview 2 to arrive at the conclusion of Round 6.
Round 6 has concluded, time for another teaser of the Spa Livery:

race-rgt-32-prev-2-png.419867

Final preview to appear after Round 9

Attachments

• RACE RGT #32 Prev 2.png
    RACE RGT #32 Prev 2.png
    50.3 KB · Views: 204
Last edited:
@rallymorten

You've gotten me confused on the LGT thing. I don't know how you want to communicate, or what to speak on, or anything really.

Second, It's looking like you may need to hack the Beemers down at the knees. Doesn't matter for me, Greg can't seem to find the gas pedal.

Takes abit longer but here's what I do:

1. Save a image file of the car (PNG for me)
2. Save that file as DDS.
3. Compress it as a zipped file

Try that and see if it helps.

Here's my livery for LGT series... Could you preview it, please?

Attachments

• 15102_LOTUS_ELISE_BODY1.zip
    430.2 KB · Views: 8
Here's my livery for LGT series... Could you preview it, please?

...we have the carviewer for just that reason.

In other news, don't get your hopes up for a race this weekend. I'm going to faff about with the BMW, thus also giving me the opportunity to postpone LGT tests to next week. That's good news for those of you in LGT Pro class who's not yet submitted anything.

In other news, don't get your hopes up for a race this weekend. I'm going to faff about with the BMW, thus also giving me the opportunity to postpone LGT tests to next week. That's good news for those of you in LGT Pro class who's not yet submitted anything.
Didn't I sign up for the Pro side? What do you need me to do?

All setups submitted have now been put into the game and is ready for testing (which should be underway when you read this).

I've also decided, as a time saving measure, to not run each car individually in the Time Trial mode, but rather just set up a practice session and have all cars have at it. As the number of cars ready to run is still very low, it shouldn't give any problems with blocking etc.

(double post because important news)

By now, all PRO drivers who have submitted either a setup, a livery or both should've gotten a PM. If you registered for the PRO class and hasn't got one, it may be because I'm missing something from you.

I'd like to clarify again that only drivers in the PRO class should submit a setup. You can still choose to change from AM to PRO or vice versa, but you'll have missed/wasted one test session.

(double post because important news)

By now, all PRO drivers who have submitted either a setup, a livery or both should've gotten a PM. If you registered for the PRO class and hasn't got one, it may be because I'm missing something from you.

I'd like to clarify again that only drivers in the PRO class should submit a setup. You can still choose to change from AM to PRO or vice versa, but you'll have missed/wasted one test session.
Well I sent in a setup but didn't get to research what all that mumbo-jumbo means so I doubt it will be any good. :rolleyes: :lol:

Well I sent in a setup but didn't get to research what all that mumbo-jumbo means so I doubt it will be any good. :rolleyes: :lol:

As you obviously know, I've run your car as well. Mainly because it didn't take long to clear things up and everything.

I've also been trying to find the source of the stability of the BMW, and although it does have a hugely different brake balance and slightly different anti-roll bar settings compared to the Ferrari and Porsche, changing those made next to no difference in terms of stability. Now I'm pretty sure it's either the tyres or the core physics of the game, so I'll be spending a little time before bed hoping/testing if it's just the first one. If it is, then I've done a Porsche Cup all over again.

Edit: That didn't seem to be the case either. I have, however, managed to at least make it a little more slidey. It may or may not involve cranking up the stiffness of the rear suspension.

Last edited:
As you obviously know, I've run your car as well. Mainly because it didn't take long to clear things up and everything.

I've also been trying to find the source of the stability of the BMW, and although it does have a hugely different brake balance and slightly different anti-roll bar settings compared to the Ferrari and Porsche, changing those made next to no difference in terms of stability. Now I'm pretty sure it's either the tyres or the core physics of the game, so I'll be spending a little time before bed hoping/testing if it's just the first one. If it is, then I've done a Porsche Cup all over again.

Edit: That didn't seem to be the case either. I have, however, managed to at least make it a little more slidey. It may or may not involve cranking up the stiffness of the rear suspension.
Have you messed with the talent files? The BMW driver might have a better AI than the others.

Have you messed with the talent files? The BMW driver might have a better AI than the others.

I have indeed, to the point that all drivers are running a custom talent file. I may look into changing some things in said files, though.

At this point, I'd be interested in seeing a vanilla race at this point, just to see how far off the three cars are.

Easy.

BMWins even more than it is currently. Slightly worse fuel economy but it is humongously powerful compared to everything else. I actually think it's closer to GT than NGT (aka the cars we're running now) without any nerfing.

BMWins even more than it is currently. Slightly worse fuel economy but it is humongously powerful compared to everything else. I actually think it's closer to GT than NGT (aka the cars we're running now) without any nerfing.

Bingo. In 2004 the M3 wasn't a NGT car. It was a implied GT (GT2) car in the ALMS since they are normally a bit more lax about regulations, instead they just go to town with the BOP-it stick. It ran in it's own class, G2, in the Spa 24 in what was probably it's true specification and pace. It ended up being between the GT and NGT cars on pace although it finished behind the top NGT cars due to some reliability issues.

Between doing the Super GT Paint schemes and completing a Indycar team Paint Scheme (With presentation set for 12:00 PM CDST today), I'll finally be able to send in a paint scheme this Friday for the LGT Series.

Start grid 1.png
Start grid 2.png

As you may have noticed, the BMWs are a little underpowered, and I plan for them to stay like that for the next few races (so as to slightly even out their overpoweredness from earlier). They've had the most obvious differences in the setup eliminated, and every car is now running the exact same tyre. It has made the BMWs a little more slidey, so I take it the mission is sort-of accomplished.

Also, because nobody did anything to their setup I decided to just keep to that one test for Monza.

LGT Test Monza.png

Orange numbers = PRO
Green numbers = AM

Back