[GTR2][RACE] GTR2Series Season 2 - Good Ending vs. Sad Air Horn

• Thread starter rallymorten
  • 1,347 comments
Hey, that's good enough for a teaser, I'd say. I see plenty of familiar headlights in there, alongside some familiar engine sounds. I hear V8s, I see Blackpool... There is a lot of interesting stories going in that single corner (said corner being Eau Rouge, I bet).

I hope that most of that stuff can join the actual series. The promise is there, the excitement is there, and I'm eager to see it all unfold to be honest.

Sorry to be the buzzkill, but the latest teaser is neither Interlagos nor Spa (which, and this shouldn't come as a surprise, both seeing as it's a tradition and because it was featured in the first teaser, will host a round in S3 as well).

But yes, I feel like that one minute of footage has about as many hidden stuffs as the game from which the non-FaZe'd version of my avatar originates.

Oh, fair enough. So it's a new track for next season, or am I looking too much into things again? (it's probably the later)

And yes, there are plenty of secrets and plasible guesses within one minute of footage which was shot in complete darkness, so I'll give you credit for that.

I do too. Gotta step up your game Rally. :lol:

I was never in doubt you'd get it, though. I could paint a car all-carbon, turn off the lights and do some shooting in the dark, but you'd still recognise it. Lay off that darn cheese, man :lol:

Not gonna lie, I heard some familiar sounds that I know weren't there in S2. I see what you're doing, Rally ;)

Hey, the tags worked! That's a rare sight, but good to know that I was tagged. Also, I was already watching the video when you tagged me, so be quick(er) about it, sir Morten. :P :lol:

Treize victory meme.jpg

YESSSSSSSS!!! Finally, after so many consecutive failures in other series, I get to taste the sweet flavour of victory! Despite all sorts of stacked odds, and other Ferrari drivers who tried to barge me (I'm looking at you, Larsen. Not cool on your part to barge past my car as an overtaking manouever :irked:), in the country that is kinda similar to Portugal but actually speaks in a different type of Portuguese, my name is being credited as the race victor. Man, this feels so good that I can't even properly. I might need to be pinched in the arm or something, to ensure that I am not just having a wacky dream sequence...

Also, I got to love your random thoughts through the race; your (named) PS3, the state of your stomach... Man, that is comedy gold right there, I'll tell ya. Oh, and the synchronized Ferrari spinning was also worth a good laugh, talk about proper teamwork... :lol:👍

Also, I got to love your random thoughts through the race; your (named) PS3, the state of your stomach... Man, that is comedy gold right there, I'll tell ya. Oh, and the synchronized Ferrari spinning was also worth a good laugh, talk about proper teamwork... :lol:👍[/SPOILER]

..that's the advantage of not scripting anything at all :lol:

Improvisation for the win then, right? It wouldn't be half as funny if you had everything written down on one or two sheets of paper, really... :lol:

Well, you don't see commentators at real races doing exclusively on-topic talk - some banter has to happen :lol:

Well, you don't see commentators at real races doing exclusively on-topic talk - some banter has to happen :lol:

Which is why it's done on real-time coverage, duh. At least you're accurate when accuracy needs to happen, so that's the key part checked out. You're not calling Porsches "VW Bettle GT3" or Ferraris as "Lancia 458 Modena"... :lol:

Which is why it's done on real-time coverage, duh. At least you're accurate when accuracy needs to happen, so that's the key part checked out. You're not calling Porsches "VW Bettle GT3" or Ferraris as "Lancia 458 Modena"... :lol:
With the obvious exception of the Dank Tank, I try :lol:

also have a feeling the grid order thingies for Le Mans will have 16 cars on each page.

Top 10... OK with me. Congrats @Niku Driver HC.

Thanks, Uncle Amier. :D:tup:

With the obvious exception of the Dank Tank, I try :lol:

also have a feeling the grid order thingies for Le Mans will have 16 cars on each page.

Well, it's the Dank Tank, that has never been an example of serious racing establishments, really. :lol:

And yes, perhaps cutting the grid order in two different pages is a wise idea, the Curitiba grid order needed a magnifying glass to be viewed properly... Too much image size for a YT video screen which is far too small.

And yes, perhaps cutting the grid order in two different pages is a wise idea, the Curitiba grid order needed a magnifying glass to be viewed properly... Too much image size for a YT video screen which is too small.

Uhh, not sure what you mean, it is two pages already..?

Either way, I'll think of something.

Also possibly more photo teasers mid-week.

Uhh, not sure what you mean, it is two pages already..?

Either way, I'll think of something.

Also possibly more photo teasers mid-week.

No, er, disregard that one. What I meant was that you should put the two pages in different frames of the video. One shot, the first 10 or so places. Then, in the next frame, the rest of the field. Makes more sense now?

Ooh, photo teasers. Can't wait to see what will those bring Which also reminds me... Have you ever seen a lemon Ferrari which talks about Morten's cat and is sponsored by Bburago? No? Well;

Nico Costa unveils third and last livery for the second season of RACE GTR2, special Spa tribute incoming

upload_2015-8-28_10-52-57.png

After several weeks of doubt and mystery, Portugues driver Nico Costa has taken the wraps off his new and last livery for the second season of the RACE-sanctioned GTR2 Championship, for the series' last special round, which will be held in the Belgian track of Spa Francorchamps. Series organizer Freddy Morten had allowed all teams a free right of livery, to be used in such round if the team so desired. Cost took advantage of this deal, and started negotiations to use the license of France's fastest driver; Michel Vaillant.

Granted, Vaillant is not exactly real; the comic book character, first created in 1957 by French author and designer Jean Graton, has driven race cars all across the world as part of a long-running comic book series which stands as one of France's most popular exports. Costa, a big fan of the series, asked Jean to use the Vaillant license for Spa, and the author duly answered with a "yes", allowing the #76 Ferrari 360 to undergo a new coat of paint. But the colors are not the only new change made to the car; Costa went as far as to implement a hood-mounted Vaillante badge and a brand-new Vaillante windshield banner in order to mimmick the cars used in the comic books, the well-known Vaillantes.

The livery's unveiling ceremony could not come at a more fortunate time; Costa presented the new "Ferrari 360 Vaillante" in front of all present rival teams and racing fans alike, in the Brazillian track of Curitiba, only minutes after the Portuguese driver's incredible showing on the racetrack. For Costa, this livery represents both a farewell to Season 2 and a new leaf being turned. In an interview with the "On The Back Straight" magazine, Costa replied that "this car is my personal way of bidding farewell to the old Season 2 regulations (Freddy Morten has already announced that new cars and changed regulations are being considered for next season) and a good old finale to a season which had plenty of ups and downs. Finally, I'm driving as I should, the car is performing as it should, and all is working together as it should."

Indeed, Costa's season is finally on the right track. But how will this finale work for the Portuguese Ferrari driver and his colleagues? Only time will tell...

upload_2015-8-28_10-53-15.png

Important notes which are not role-play:

• I had fun creating this livery myself. It's simple in concept, but I like the it way turned out. And what was this concept? One of the cars used in the Michel Vaillant comic, a Lancia Stratos;
Lancia Straollante.jpg

• I even tried to mimick the same sponsorship, but the Ferrari is not so kind with sponsor space as the Lancia is...
  • Oh, and @rallymorten? One of the files which I upload in this post is very important; it's the car's .bmp file, alongside the .bmp version of the custom windows template which I "tuned" myself. Hopefully this one will work as it should, too.

Attachments

• Ferrari.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 9
Last edited:
No, er, disregard that one. What I meant was that you should put the two pages in different frames of the video. One shot, the first 10 or so places. Then, in the next frame, the rest of the field. Makes more sense now?

Yeah, I get it. I'll see what I can work out.

I also have a slight feeling an actual championship with the LGTs won't be happening, but I'm not throwing them away just yet. Paint schemes from those who haven't turned one in yet are still accepted, but setups will be reversed and thus no classes.

Yeah, I get it. I'll see what I can work out.

I also have a slight feeling an actual championship with the LGTs won't be happening, but I'm not throwing them away just yet. Paint schemes from those who haven't turned one in yet are still accepted, but setups will be reversed and thus no classes.

Alright, do what you can. It's not much, but it makes things a bit more clear, so that's stil useful in its own way.

Also, don't forget the .zip file in the post above, I would like to use the custom window file for this car. Just this once, but it matters to me.

Alright, do what you can. It's not much, but it makes things a bit more clear, so that's stil useful in its own way.

Also, don't forget the .zip file in the post above, I would like to use the custom window file for this car. Just this once, but it matters to me.

I will do what I can if you'll .dds your windows. .bmp can't even transparency, and, given your previous wall of text, I take it you'd want that :)

I will do what I can if you'll .dds your windows. .bmp can't even transparency, and, given your previous wall of text, I take it you'd want that :)

Crap, GIMP can't save in .dds, or at least I don't know if it does and/or how. :dunce: Care to help a no-so-smart person such as myself?

Crap, GIMP can't save in .dds, or at least I don't know if it does and/or how. :dunce: Care to help a no-so-smart person such as myself?

I would, but I've got 2zZz4school2morrow.

Pretty sure you can find a plugin somewhere. Either that or just send back the entire template you've painted.

I would, but I've got 2zZz4school2morrow.

Pretty sure you can find a plugin somewhere. Either that or just send back the entire template you've painted.

You have to deal with school already? Geez, I'm still on vacation (being in university has to have some perks, right?)...

Nevertheless, I'll search for a .dds plugin for GIMP. In case I can't find one at all, how do I send the entire template back to you? And in what format?

Back