[GTR2][RACE] GTR2Series Season 2 - Good Ending vs. Sad Air Horn

• Thread starter rallymorten
  • 1,347 comments
If there's no other solution, upload it somewhere and send me a link. Format should be irrelevant as long as it can handle transparency.

Yet another race, yet another one sided affair, and yet another heartless run. Not sure if I'll renew for S3, but G. Dammit will not be resigned.

Yet another race, yet another one sided affair, and yet another heartless run. Not sure if I'll renew for S3, but G. Dammit will not be resigned.

You can renew, because you are a good guy and a good painter, but obviously G. Dammit should be given the Donald Trump treatment.

And what would anyone expect out of someone with such a name? :lol:

And what would anyone expect out of someone with such a name? :lol:
Saying "DAMMIT, DAMMIT!" is somewhat cathartic, but when it's just nothing happening it's useless. Also, Mingus isn't the best place to find a driver, seeing as the number of bars outnumber every other building in town!

Saying "DAMMIT, DAMMIT!" is somewhat cathartic, but when it's just nothing happening it's useless. Also, Mingus isn't the best place to find a driver, seeing as the number of bars outnumber every other building in town!

I guess you need reverse psychology or some gimmick like that to make it work properly. Praise his failures and lure him into a sense where he accidentaly drives faster and starts to win races. Something like that...

And I don't know much about this Mingus, but it does seem that such city cannot really produce racing drivers at all, judging from your case. Don't trust bars, I always say...

Rest assured, my friend, season 3 is not going to happen until I'm confident the cars are as equal as can be for as much as possible. Even if that means I have to break the teased "Fall 2015", that's what it takes for me to call it a day.

Quite a few experiences have been gained throughout the season we're just about to wrap up.
Your Porsches are fantastic on the straights but a sitting duck anywhere near a slower corner.
The Ferrari is potentially the fastest but lacks a lot of mid-speed acceleration.
The BMWs are, well, BMWs, but even they are now somewhat mere mortals in this.

Sure, nothing at all was perfect when we started this season, but that tends to happen when you put three radically different cars on the same track.

Like I said early on, I don't intend on messing with the core physics of the game - they are different cars after all, but if I have to (and can figure out how to) change e.g. the downforce values of a car to make it equal, then it might just be what needs to be done.

I guess you need reverse psychology or some gimmick like that to make it work properly. Praise his failures and lure him into a sense where he accidentaly drives faster and starts to win races. Something like that...

And I don't know much about this Mingus, but it does seem that such city cannot really produce racing drivers at all, judging from your case. Don't trust bars, I always say...
I can't lie, so reverse psychology is hard for me. :D

The area I live in is dotted with small towns. Mingus is one of the smallest with one abandoned building, a few houses, one fuel station, a post office and at last count about 12 bars within a five minute drive. Population of a couple hundred normally, about a thousand on weekend nights. Easy to find where the local idiots are partying, but there's a damn good pizza joint there too.

I can't lie, so reverse psychology is hard for me. :D

The area I live in is dotted with small towns. Mingus is one of the smallest with one abandoned building, a few houses, one fuel station, a post office and at last count about 12 bars within a five minute drive. Population of a couple hundred normally, about a thousand on weekend nights. Easy to find where the local idiots are partying, but there's a damn good pizza joint there too.

Welp then, there goes that plan out of the proverbial window. :lol:

Ah, I see, this Mingus is one of Texas' "Idiot Town Areas" where most people just get wasted (with the help of booze) and act as general idiots. Got you, although that pizza joint does sound pretty interesting... Darn, that's one of my weakpoints.

GTR2Series #95 crew releases special Spa livery, predictions for final two rounds, look to S3
GTR2_2015_09_01_18_01_32_938.jpg

With two rounds to go, the #95 crew in the GTR2Series (known informally as RMR Motorsport) has released their special livery for the season finale at Spa-Francorchamps, Belgium.

Featuring a striking dark red color with bits of white and naked carbon fibre, team owner rallymorten says this livery is the perfect way of saying "goodbye" to a sub-par season.

"The season so far has certainly has its ups and downs. This livery is supposed to represent the team letting that behind them and instead looking toward the future, yet in some ways this is still a tribute livery. The unpainted carbon fibre seen on the car is a homage to one of my favorite fictional cars ever, the Rossolini Tempesta from Burnout Paradise. The cars themselves aren't even all that dissimilar!"

"We're particularly pleased to see Castrol back on our car after being absent this season. We have recently worked very closely with the TOM's team in the Super GT, which allowed us to make contact after they lost interest in the team following dismal results last season. They know of our future plans and are certain we have a good shot at a top 10 next season."

"Seiko as well is a sponsor we'd like to welcome aboard in what we believe is their first ever appearance in a B-Spec series. And let me say this much: they're not stopping just there. What I mean by that? You'll see when the time comes!"

When asked about predictions for the final two rounds, he remained faithful that at least one more good result may be in store for Ferrari competitors:

"We're reaching upwards of 270 km/h on the first part of Mulsanne as well as on the way down to Indianapolis. Those places are likely our strength, and we must use that to full effect. As for Spa, well, you can never predict a race there!"

He was also confident that the racing in the championship is only going to get closer:

"For the final two rounds, the Porsche's had 50 kg taken off and the BMW has had 5 more bhp, which, considering results from Brazil, should make everything very close - remember that there was only a nothingness more than a second separating the entire field in qualifying. I believe these specifications can be a good platform for the future, especially since the line of different cars being prepared for next season will provide even more variables in terms of which car is actually competitive at what type of track."

GTR2_2015_09_01_17_59_40_641.jpg

An hommage car based off another car? Morten, your originality rating is a Bret Hart 4/10 at best, knowing the other Spa livery which has been unveiled... :lol:

Ah, don't worry, I'm just jesting. ;) It's simple in concept, but the concept itself looks very good on the car, A job well done. 👍

Make that 4/20 and we can talk :lol:

But yeah, I'm quite pleased with it this far. There's still a few minor details that needs ironing out, but that's basically what it's going to look like.

Besides, you have to admit, this is pretty :drool: :

latest

But yeah, I'm quite pleased with it this far. There's still a few minor details that needs ironing out, but that's basically what it's going to look like.

latest
Yasss

latest

Alright then, you get a YOLO Dank Tank rating of 4/20. And a Stone Cold Steve Austin rating of 3/16 because additional reasons. :lol:

Besides, you think I won't say that such car is beautiful? I played Burnout 3, Revenge, Legends, Dominator and Paradise. I adore these cars too much to claim that they're ugly vehicles. Also, why not Ridge Racer as well for your beautiful fake Italian supercar needs?

20100812_1534741.jpg

latest

(I still don't get why people use Ridge Racer as a medium of complaining about the "fake-ness" of Vision GT cars. They don't look that fake to me, just pretty... Now the Assoluto Vulcano, that's a true "fake" car. I still find its wackyness cool for some reason, of course.)

Last edited:
So *that's* where you got your number from? :lol:

But yeah, just because cars are fictional, they don't have to be unrealistic, if that makes any sense. I mean, there's an obvious difference between something like these and, say, a Tomahawk X.

Come to think of it, I did not notice the number on the Meltfire matching mine, haha. :lol: Actually, I got my number from GT5 online racing, back when I raced with and against a crew of fellow players known as GTArena. Eventually, I just carried it over to any other series where a number is required. But there is a touch of irony with the number on the Lotus LGT; as it is a three-digit number, I changed it to 765. Yes, it's a blatant Ridge Racer reference, akin to the Seaside Route 765 track, and I do not regret it a bit, haha. It matches with the Bandai Namco sponsorship perfectly (who made the Ridge Racer games again? :sly:), so why not use such a number?

Exactly; most low-to-mid class RR cars could fit in a real-life racetrack perfectly. Heck, people made a real-size version of the Soldat Raggio, so that's plausible enough. Only the really high-tier (and secret) cars match this so-called "VGT fakeness" concept (concept which I find beyond ignorant, but I digress). You know, something like this;

latest

See? Now this is going beyond any plausible (and reasonable) limits of realism. Not something like the Raggio, or the Assoluto Bisonte, or even the Meltfire...

GTR2S COTW Teaser.jpg

..seeing as the actual S3 will be at least a small time away (in order to allow plenty of time for speccing the cars, and let me tell you, there's quite a few cars that needs to be tested - and I might just have a system for that. Because I don't feel like it'd be fair to keep that a secret, it basically involves giving each car three laps on all tracks in the schedule and adding the times up. Too fast compared to anything else? Power decrease or weight increase depending on where a car gains the most time.)

What I wanted to say was that while the actual S3 is some time away, I will do things to keep up the interest/build up the hype, at least one of which will be so brilliant you can't not take part.

Oh yeah, and, spoiler alert: what you see above is very much the alpha version of things, so it's subject to change.

I spy with my little eye something beggining with "B", and has the words "M Coupe" somewhere in the middle... :mischievous: My, that's rather interesting.

Also, regarding the extra info, it's a very interesting procedure, although it's clearly going to be rather lenghty (this game still has some tracks, and it seems that you are going to have a few additional cars to boot). However, it's one of the best ways of confirming which cars are overpowered where, and then balancing them accordingly.

Keep that interest going, morten, you sure have me hooked...

Just randomly passing by or did dat Seat genuinely catch your interest?

As the resident weeaboo, it is my duty to ask if Nii-san will be considering entering next season. Top-flight Porsche and Ferrari race cars are kind of out of my yearly budget of ¥42016969...

Start grid 1.png

Start grid 2.png

..and yes, I left our two development entries' manufacturer space empty, partly because I want you all to take a good guess at what they might be/give them the chance to reveal it themselves, partly because I'm too lazy to make those graphics if they're only ever going to be used for two races :D

Speaking of the development entries, for the sake of having them mess as little as possible with the championship, they were both limited to 350 bhp.

And I know what you'll say next: The BMW's are underpowered! Just wait, please. Qualifying tells you next-to-nothing.

Back