Haas Previews Its 2020 F1 Car Ahead of Official Reveal on February 19

It doesn't look bad, but Black, White, & Red are wayyy played out in Motorsport (ex. Formula E, any LMP1 livery from the past decade).

It doesn't look bad, but Black, White, & Red are wayyy played out in Motorsport (ex. Formula E, any LMP1 livery from the past decade).
I don't disagree, but those have been Haas Automation's corporate colors since forever, so it's not realistic to expect anything else. You wouldn't expect Ferrari to suddenly make a blue car one year just because red is over-used.

I don't disagree, but those have been Haas Automation's corporate colors since forever, so it's not realistic to expect anything else. You wouldn't expect Ferrari to suddenly make a blue car one year just because red is over-used.
Haas was in a Black & Gold car last year though.

I get that teams traditionally have their own colours, but for most teams that's out the door if the right title sponsor comes along. Mclaren, Renault, and Williams also haven't stuck to a specific set of colours either. Honorable mention to Red Bull as well when they added purple to their livery for their Infinity sponsorship.

I wouldn't expect Ferrari to show up in a blue car, but a black or white one would be a breath of fresh air, although I don't see that coming.

Haas was in a Black & Gold car last year though.

I get that teams traditionally have their own colours, but for most teams that's out the door if the right title sponsor comes along.

Right, which is why Haas was black & gold last year, because those were the colors of Rich Energy. Haas is different from McLaren and Williams in that they aren't purely a race team. The relationship between Haas Automation and Haas F1 Team is more like the relationship between Red Bull and its two teams. Haas Automation is effectively the title sponsor of the Haas F1 Team, unless another sponsor comes along and writes them a big enough check, as Rich Energy did last year.

Right, which is why Haas was black & gold last year, because those were the colors of Rich Energy. Haas is different from McLaren and Williams in that they aren't purely a race team. The relationship between Haas Automation and Haas F1 Team is more like the relationship between Red Bull and its two teams. Haas Automation is effectively the title sponsor of the Haas F1 Team, unless another sponsor comes along and writes them a big enough check, as Rich Energy did last year.
This is pretty much what my beef is. A lot of motorsport teams default colours is some mix of Black/Grey/White/Red. It's nice to see teams get away from that every once in a while.

The livery looks ok, but then again their liveries have never been exciting. What’s more interesting is how similar it is to last year’s Ferrari.

I like black & gold colour schemes (thanks to JPS), so it's a shame to see them revert back to the industrial colour. Understandable though, given the snafu with Rich Energy they're probably trying to disassociate themselves from them as much as possible. One thing's for sure, this year haas to be better than the last ;)

This car HAAS to be an improvement, I think the team HAAS to realize how important if a year this is for them, as if they don’t improve I think they will fall into a similar trap that HAAS been affecting William for a while. Either way this HAAS to be the best livery the team HAAS run in their short history.

Back