Hachi Roku (ae86)?

Is it true that the ae86 is a human abs? I'm asking that the ae86 doesn't have a abs if so is it effective on gt4? (sorry if my wording is wrong)

I don't think so and You mean that there isn't any ABS but I highly doubt it though. But what I think makes the 86 a good drift car is the body roll.

all gt4 cars have ABS.
but in real life, the AE86 doesn't have abs or any helpers.
its a decent drift car because its almost perfectly balanced and is rwd. although live rear axle is kinda :( but not many cars had independent rear suspension back then.

it isnt extremely well balnced, an amount of front bias... It is still possible to lock up your tires in gt4, but ABS is on 90% of the time you are braking, so lockups are rare low speed stuff.

I'm pretty sure the AE86 HAS ABS, it's jsut that you may not be going fast enough to experience it. Set your brakes to the highest level, THEN tell us if it's got ABS :).

I could be jumping the gun here, but that line sounds almost exactly like the one out of one of the first season of Initial D. When the 86 goes against the Skyline. Ryoskue explains how the 86 was able to change it's line while braking. If that's not the case, I apologize. :( If it is however, then please don't take your technical explanations from anime. It simply silly. :)

I could be jumping the gun here, but that line sounds almost exactly like the one out of one of the first season of Initial D. When the 86 goes against the Skyline. Ryoskue explains how the 86 was able to change it's line while braking. If that's not the case, I apologize. :( If it is however, then please don't take your technical explanations from anime. It simply silly. :)

I was about to say, Human ABS? Does he mean no ABS but somethings that Ryosuke says are true. Like the Mis-Firing system.

I was about to say, Human ABS? Does he mean no ABS but somethings that Ryosuke says are true. Like the Mis-Firing system.

No argument here. I truly enjoy Initial D. I simply have enough sense not to take it as the official word in the technical realm of automobiles. There are some, in fact, most things they say are either 100% true or very close to it. However, you have to look at the context in which it's being discussed. These guys are racing up/down mountain passes doing borderline stunt driving. It should ALL be taken with a grain of salt. :sly:

Like how Bunta drifts with one hand or the God hand does the same.

With NO HANDS! :D But yes, that's exactly what I'm talking about. 👍

Ryosuke mentions that Takumi's Trueno AE86 performs like an ABS car (specifically changing line under full braking) despite not having ABS, due to Takumi's braking modulation.

And I hate Initial D, unless its the arcade game.

Anyways buy a brake controller and put your brakes to floor at high speeds.

I'm sorry, but I had to laugh at what you posted there. I don't mean to, but I couldn't help it, and I hope you aren't offended. But yea, that little bit of "knowledge" came from Initial D. It's not talking about the car, but the driver, and saying that he's capable of braking at the very limits without locking up the wheels, much like an ABS system would do. Basically they're trying to say he's better than the drivers who DO have and use their ABS in the comic, and he has learned to make his seeming disadvantage an overall advantage that lets him do the stuff that makes anime characters go

dO_ob

I can assure you the AE86 in real life will not be a forgiving ABS-equipped car, lol.

Back