Halo 3: 360

• Thread starter Driftster
  • 36 comments
While I never thought Halo was the best game in the entire world, it was cool. Another reason for me to buy a 360 over the PS3.

I only started playing Halo reciently, it is a good game but I dont think its as amazing as some people do...... but the trailer was amazing!

At the moment I cannot download the trailer on 360, it stops half way through. Saw a high res one on GameSpot.

Trailer didnt show much, I wanted to see a gun fire a single round at the least. Oh well, I know it'll knock my socks off. :)

I think Dave and I are going to be in debt by the end of this year.

We have so many new things on the way, and another $60 to that...wow, but it'll all be worth it.

I think once we've broken the stuff in, I'm sure I can have a little gaming party.:sly:

...So to give a quick summary of what is going on in the trailer...

What we saw takes place after the major combat has happened on Earth, and unfortunately for us, we lost. Although the Earth Defense Forces are still fighting the Covenant, think Humans versus the Terminators, the Covenant has discovered something "forerunner" on Earth, deep within the continent of Africa. The 'Chief is worn down, tired, and on the last leg of defending Earth. Cortana seems to be damaged as well, but with her saying "I know you. Your past. Your future," and "This is the way the world ends," you can bet there is going to be a lot of storytelling going on throughout the entire game.

This game is going to be amazing, and I can't wait for the next 400 or so days to fly by before I can get my hands on the thing...

Cortana I think has turned evil. And GS confrimed in a video blog, that the cut scene is running from the in game engine.

...It appears as though Cortana has become corrupted (on the level of a computer, not as a person), possibly because of the fact she was left on the Covenant ship when Mr. Chief was forced to leave?

There is a s-load of backstory about Cortana and how she is a digital manifestation of the doctor who lead the MJOLNIR armor and the rest of the Spartan program of which John117 (otherwise known as the Master Chief) is a part of. Could Cortana be telling John of a past that he cannot remember? Could we be playing through some of the events depicted in the novels Fall of Reach and First Strike?

...from what I can see so far, the whole thing kinda reminds me of the return of a reluctant hero, looking to clean up Earth, despite what he himself has gone through. I can easily predict that this is going to be a very dark and gritty game, depicting a very bleak outlook for the humans under the rule of the Covenant. Will it be the end of mankind as we know it? I doubt it... But we are going to see mankind in it's darkest hour.

I can't wait to find out more... This game is going to kick ass!

Blimey, it took all evening and this morning to finish the download of this trailer on the 360...

I didn't think much of it to be honest, but it's a good look into what we can expect in 2007. 👍

If I dont have a 360 by the time Halo 3 comes out then thats the day I will buy it. Same with Forza 2.
That trailer said 2007. Is the rumor still true that the PS3 wont be released until Halo 3 gets released?? That would mean the PS3 wont be out until next year.

No, the PS3 is supposed to be out on November 17 here in the US... Although a date is nowhere near confirmation for Halo 3, I would expect it to be near the release of the movie next summer, so probably Spring 2007, just after E3...

Halo Sucks, Halo2 is even worse but the multiplayer and the online of halo2 is out of this world. i hate multiplayers and online gaming and all that money sucking gimmicks. but i have to confess that the best multiplayer FPS is Halo2. story wise and campaign both halos suck.

Thanx for your input Mr. Negative Nacy!

Everyone knows Halo 2 was a bit dissapointing when you are talking about the main campaign, but I have to dissagree with you on Halo 1 sucking, and the story line in general sucking as well.

Everyone knows that Halo IS the reason why the XBOX has stayed with us, and it has had an effect on how FPS games are developed and played. Like it or not, Halo has had an influence on the entire industry, just as Gran Turismo did with the racing genre.

I'm not going to condem you for your opinion, as you are entitled to it, but I would ask you to atleast consider the fact that there are plenty of people who would dissagree with you, fanboys or not.

CAMAROBOY69
If I dont have a 360 by the time Halo 3 comes out then thats the day I will buy it. Same with Forza 2.
That trailer said 2007. Is the rumor still true that the PS3 wont be released until Halo 3 gets released?? That would mean the PS3 wont be out until next year.
That PS3 rumour is a bit old, but PS3 is coming out this Nov. Even they confrimed it in there lastest press conference.

So this time they mean it for real, anyway I wonder if there be any new online modes.

TVR&Ferrari_Fan
So this time they mean it for real, anyway I wonder if there be any new online modes.

I think an online co-op mode could be expected, as well as expanded and customizeable game types for the online multiplayer as well.

I'm crossing my fingers for something similar to GRAW where up to 16 people can play the main part of the game together as a team. The only problem is, would everyone get to be a SPARTAN or would only one, and the rest be Helljumpers or Marines?

I look forward to seeing what new content they offer, and also RVB will look lush on Halo 3 folks.

yes RvB will look wonderful..
So they can continue with the lame humor....in High def!

yeah, deffinately getting the 360 before i ever consider another Sony product

Subdued trailer but obviously we'll be seeing more of Halo 3 this year...at some point...perhaps...
The Chief did look good in the trailer. One of the few games for the 360 that I definately will get and keep.

...Well, wasent the Halo 2 trailer just as short and contained maybe even fewer details?

Everything I've learned thus far has come from either Gamespot or Bungie themselves, and of course I've added in a few things that seem logical at best.

An interesting site dedicated to Halo 3, spun off of the famous Halo.Bungie.Org.... Halo 3 Frequently Asked Questions

Of all the questions given with partial answers, these were among my favorites:

Q: Is Halo 3 the last Halo title in the franchise?
(My guess, no. Halo makes too much money to stop at three. I would expect a few titles to weve inbetween Halo, Halo 2, and Halo 3, as well as other expansion games that tell different stories in the same universe. Think of it as Star Wars, only not...)

Q: When will Halo 3 come out?
(My guess is very early 2007, March-ish at the latest. They speculate that it may get pushed forward to combat the PS3, but it seems unlikely, as Bungie wants to deliver a stellar product unlike what the rushed Halo 2 was like. Others say late spring/early summer to tie with the Halo Movie, but we will see...)

Q: Will Halo 3 include other SPARTANS?
(My guess, yes. Despite the fact that the Earth defense forces have been defeated, I would assume that small units of resistance are lead by the other SPARTAN units from the Fall of Reach books.)

Q: Is the MA-5B Assault Rifle back?
(My guess, sort of. The rifle in the trailer appeared to be one, but I would be betting on a gun that can switch back and fourth between full-automatic and semi-automatic.)

Q: Is Cortana Rampant?
(I don't have an answer here. See appeared to be corrupted, or atleast greatly disconnected, as she is more than a galaxy away. As we all know, she was left with the Covenant at the end of Halo 2 and we werent given an explanation of what happened to her, so I don't know. Storyboards of the trailer show her appearance to be in something similar to pain, but I'm not sure...)

More information will be leaked slowly, bit by juicy bit over the next few months. I would expect by November or December to have solid numbers on the game, but even then that is a rough guess as well.

RallyF1
but i have to confess that the best multiplayer FPS is Halo2. story wise and campaign both halos suck.
I agree. The single player of Halo 2 was just barely ok. Nothing special. I also agree that the multiplayer in Halo 2 is still the best multiplayer online set up I have ever seen. Heather and I still plug Halo 2 in at least once or twice a week. There is just sooo much to do online in Halo 2. The ONLY thing I hate about Halo 2 online is the trash talking little kids. But all you do is unplug your headset and its still one of the best multiplayer online games to this day IMO. Its the only online game we have played in our life for almost 2 years straight and we are still not sick of it. 👍

Damn kids on Halo. I stoped playing after my and my friends, year and a half level 25 veterans of the game, were getting consistantly beaten by eight and ten year old kids.

...Ouch... My pride...

YSSMAN
Damn kids on Halo. I stoped playing after my and my friends, year and a half level 25 veterans of the game, were getting consistantly beaten by eight and ten year old kids.

...Ouch... My pride...
you can say that again, but the word i would be describing the experience by these 10 year olds would be "BIatch Slapped". i was being nailed left and right my average life span was 22 seconds....oh the humility.

Play.com isn't reliable with release dates. You saw what the Halo 3 trailer said. They probably haven't updated it yet. ;)

G.T
Play.com isn't reliable with release dates. You saw what the Halo 3 trailer said. They probably haven't updated it yet. ;)
It says 2007 aswell, meanwhile EB games says 1st Jan 2007.

They're just dates, nothing more. Microsoft didn't provide a specific date, so we trust no one (unless I'm wrong and there's a date of course). I get tired with it all really, like with GT Mobile at the moment.

Well, I see it a few different ways with the release date for Halo 3:

1) Microsoft pushes Bungie to release the game by November 2007, giving Bungie untill late September to get it done. Remember, the weekly update at Bungie has said several times that the game is playable, several levels are complete, and work on the multiplayer was well underway.
-Could it happen? Probably not...

2) Microsoft chooses the first quarter 2007 (Jan-March), giving Bungie untill the end of the year to get things done. The release date would have been chosen mostly to offset the PS3 just a bit. Most "big" titles don't come out around this time period, the last great success of Q1 being Resident Evil 5.
-Could it happen? Being realistsic, yes. But on a business standpoint, no, as retail usually shrinks right around then as well.

3) Microsoft chooses to line up the game with the release of the Halo movie in the summer of 2007. This would seem like the most logical way to do it from a simple marketing perspective, and it would give them plenty of time to get the game done, as most folks have pointed to the movie comming out in May or June of 2007.
- Could it happen? This would be the most likely case, probably with Halo 3 comming out about a month before the film, so figure late April or early May 2007. Think E3 window, that might work well enough...?

4) Microsoft says its done when it's done. Give Bungie all the time in the world to make an extremely high-quality product, and just tell them to be done by the end of 2007.
-Could it happen? Yeah, maybe if hell freezes over... Microsoft wants to make money, now, and Halo 3 is going to be the best way for them to do so. If they seriously want to combat the PS3 and MGS4 by 2007, they need to ship early, same with them keeping the interest of the public with the 360 as well...

Back