Halo: Combat Evolved

Whew, me and my bro had an intense multiplayer match last night on Halo. I came back and won it, I was down by 3.

Anyone know how to hook up 2 Xboxes, so we both have a screen to our own?

"System Link Cable" blah blah blah ... it's a simple ethernet cross over cable. You can get one at any network store.

Microsoft sells one that is XBox branded, but I think it's way over priced.

~LoudMusic

Oh, and do you know how long it is? I need one that's roughly the length of the Dreamcast modem wire. My bro plays in the living room and I play in the bedroom. If it's not too long, I might have to move a tv or 2 :P

You can also get them custom made at network shops. My friend and I have all the tools too, and a box of 1000' so we made our own. I think it was over 150' long (:

By the way, maximum length for ethernet is roughly 300', or 100 meters. That's a long freaking way too.

~LoudMusic

Originally posted by LoudMusic
You can also get them custom made at network shops. My friend and I have all the tools too, and a box of 1000' so we made our own. I think it was over 150' long (:

By the way, maximum length for ethernet is roughly 300', or 100 meters. That's a long freaking way too.

~LoudMusic

I think it might be even less for the crossover cable. Not too sure though.
CompUSA has them, and at a fair price. If you don't buy the right cable though, you'll need a hub. Not all ethernet cables allow for the Xbox to connect directly. (Look for crossover, not patch)

I've played some HALO before on a sweet setup. Think 6' screen with overhead Sony projector, 5.1 DTS sound and couch shakers bolted to the bottom of Italian Leather sofa's. It's super pimp.

Have you ever seen the Warthog Jump video? If you haven't, I suggest you find it. You wouldn't believe what you can do with a few nuke grenades...

But I haven't gotten to play in a while, I don't have my own X-Box... :(

Nexus Maelstrom

Originally posted by Nexus Maelstrom
I've played some HALO before on a sweet setup. Think 6' screen with overhead Sony projector, 5.1 DTS sound and couch shakers bolted to the bottom of Italian Leather sofa's. It's super pimp.

Have you ever seen the Warthog Jump video? If you haven't, I suggest you find it. You wouldn't believe what you can do with a few nuke grenades...

But I haven't gotten to play in a while, I don't have my own X-Box... :(

Nexus Maelstrom

Dean's XBox setup

Worthog Jumping

~LoudMusic

Heh, Try rocket jumping with the rocket launcher in Halo, it might work for the Marine in Quake, but master cheif doesnt cope well with it:D:D:D:D

Try Extreme Ghost Flying, heheheh, I've managed to pull off 540's and a couple of 720 barrelrolls in the ghost, without master cheif falling off:D

Back