Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Halo 1-4)XBOne 

halo-2-classic-screenshot-1.jpg halo-2-classic-screenshot-2.jpg halo-the-master-chief-collection-screen-1.jpg halo-the-master-chief-collection-screen-2.jpg halo-the-master-chief-collection-screen-3.jpg

Whoa that's an insane difference for Halo 2!! At first I thought those last images were from Halo 4. :eek:

I do realize those are only for the CGI cinemas but that's a massive improvement.

New improved Forge. We can now place in scenery like dirt and grass!!! Its about time! Actually getting closer and closer to the Far Cry map editor each year.

Wow don't get too excited guys haha. I am loving this(these) game(s) I keep switching back and forth between the classic and updated versions and it's pretty damn cool.

Sadly this launch is plagued with bugs. The largest are server issues making the majority of players wait outrageous times to play the game. Today 343i is releasing an update on their side (No need to download anything) that will help fix many of these issues.

I've almost all the way through Combat Evolved and it has been riddled with bugs. There have been plenty of times where enemies have fallen through the ground, banshees flew through a wall, my guns didn't make any sounds while shooting, the Scorpion and Warthog were completely silent while driving and for some reason I haven't earned any achievements since Truth and Reconciliation even though you are supposed to get one after beating each level.

Still, Combat Evolved is by far my favorite game in the Halo franchise and even with all the bugs (that never occur ed in the original game or the Anniversary edition) I am having a blast playing through it again.

I wish it was more clear as to how you progress though the games. My wife and I love playing split screen coop and were pretty frustrated last night to finish the first level of CE and not get any progress (after finishing for the second time since it locked up on our first playthrough) I got the game mostly for this coop but I like playing the multiplayer when she is at work and man is it annoying to have these issues.

The first of the server updates rolled out yesterday, more likely to come today. This should definitely help with the achievements.

Over the weekend they'll be releasing patches for other stuff, most likely multiplayer with more of the major Campaign bugs.

While this release is a little disappointing, I commend 343i with their speedy response and acknowledgement. Definitely a breath of fresh air compared to another developers recent launch...

Sorry for the delayed response but I had the week off paid to play and enjoy this. I have around 35 hours into the game. Played some mp, but mainly co-op campaign. Luckily my main focus was for the co-op campaign in each game because the mp is seriously broken.

Besides the broken mp, I have been loving this co-op campaign experience. The makeover for Halo 2 is simply amazing and the CGI for Halo 2 is incredible. Some of the CGI cut scenes in Halo 2 are better than the CGI in Halo 4. I also like how they touched up the graphics with Halo 3. Audio is very good and the games play extremely well in 60fps and 1080p.

Also keep in mind the average time to install all 4 games and download the 20gb multiplayer takes about 3 hours.

Overall I am very happy with this game but I am shocked at how broken the multiplayer is. The co-op campaign works VERY well. It will be nice once the mp is also working. So for those of you that are on the fence about this, if you want it for the mp, wait until the mp is actually working. But if you want an excellent co-op campaign experience, then it is well worth the money.

Honestly I have never played a game this bad, and I played Destiny at launch. This, coupled with Halo 4, had solidified my thoughts that 343i has NO idea how to truly make a game. It takes five minutes to match up, and despite dedicated servers there is constant host switching in which you teleport halfway across the map. There is constant lag, and the game sometimes matches up 11/10 people! The only thing good about this game is the campaign, but if I wanted that I would've just plugged in my 360. If only there was one way in which developers could understand that shipping a completely broken game is NOT okay, but judging by 90% of Xbone/PS4 launches, they think it is. 3/10, at best. Complete trash.

Honestly I have never played a game this bad, and I played Destiny at launch. This, coupled with Halo 4, had solidified my thoughts that 343i has NO idea how to truly make a game. It takes five minutes to match up, and despite dedicated servers there is constant host switching in which you teleport halfway across the map. There is constant lag, and the game sometimes matches up 11/10 people! The only thing good about this game is the campaign, but if I wanted that I would've just plugged in my 360. If only there was one way in which developers could understand that shipping a completely broken game is NOT okay, but judging by 90% of Xbone/PS4 launches, they think it is. 3/10, at best. Complete trash.
While TMCC does indeed have major multiplayer problems, I think 343 did an incredible job with Halo 4. Honestly one of the best in the series IMO. Been loving the co-op campaigns. I have had little to no issues at all with the co-op campaigns. That aside I don't have the other issues you mentioned. I have never seen any lag in the campaign or the multiplayer. Never been teleported across the map.

The mp is slowly improving but still has a long way to go before it is where it should have been at launch. There should have been a beta for TMCC because clearly launching 4 games at once is way too overwhelming without a beta. I am also interested in seeing what 343 is going to do to "make it right for our fans". I don't expect much but they should give us ms points or a coupon to knock some money off the price of Halo 5. I doubt it will be anything that good but that's what should happen.

I ended up in several mp matches over the weekend. Actually had one of the closest, most intense mp games in Halo 4 that I have ever had. It was CTF on Longbow and long story short our team won with the flag capture with no joke, about 2 seconds left in overtime!!!! I actually made an "xbox record that" moment of the last 30 seconds of the game. Just insanely intense.

Summary of the last 100+ days of TMCC.

Luckily the co-op campaigns work otherwise I would have traded this in a long time ago.

Its been 3 months (100+ days) and the mp for this game is still a disaster. However, this video is THE hardest I have laughed this year. I was in tears after seeing this. :lol:

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back