Happy Thanksgiving - what are you thankful for?

• Thread starter Jordan
  • 45 comments

Jordan

Site Founder
Administrator
United States
United States
GTP_Jordan
GTP_Jordan
Thanksgiving is here, and I hope all of you have a happy holiday with your loved ones. So now, in tradition, it's time to share what you are most thankful for in your life. I'll start things off... I'm thankful for Jesus, my loving mom, dad and family, my health and my family's health, cute girls, all of my friends, my cable modem, and my community here on GTPlanet. :)

Happy Thanksgiving! :Pilgrim:

I'm thankful for this site,God,Camaros :lol: and me being a 13 year old and making $5 an hour helping my mom work at home. And for freedom. :)

Ah, so many things to reflect on and be thankful for... here's my abreviated list *cough*:
  • The fact that I'm a living human being
  • America
  • Apple Computer Company
  • Logitech (for my wonderful MX 500)
  • Macworld, for providing the best Mac coverage!
  • Car and Driver, for their top-notch articles and editorials about the car world
  • The Mozilla group, for my ultra-fast Chimera browser (makes 56k bearable!)
  • vBulletin, for putting out an awesome piece of software
  • Microsoft (gasp!), for making the Office suite for Mac better than its PC counterpart (:P)
  • Apple Computer Company
  • HP, for their high-quality printers and scanners
  • My parents, for their love, support, and buying me this iBook (:D)
  • Whoever coined the phrase SoCal, because this is the best place to live in the world!
  • Turkies, for their... aw, never mind...
  • All the little people who write Freeware and inexpensive Shareware
  • Apple Computer Company
  • And, of course, :gtplanet: ! ! ! :):thumbsup:

I'm thankful for something to be thankful for. And chicken-flavored beef.

Seriously, my family, friends, and all that good stuff that most sane people are thankful for.

Originally posted by Jordan
my cable modem,

Putting 'my cable modem' in the same sentence as Jesus just shows how dedicated you really are, Jordan. :)

I am thankful for my entire family, (including, I have just learned, my 19-year-old cousin Dean now serving his country in the War on Terror), my loving girlfriend, this country, music (or, the music that I listen to), being alive, the fact that the Yankees are going to beat the Red Sox again next year in the AL East, this website, and all of my friends. :)

Good thread idea.

You should really call it 'the war against terror'. Much cooler acronym.

I would like to point out that the Yankees are going to suck. Or at least they aren't going to be as good.

i am thankful for Osama bin laden (i'm serious) cuz it shows that america is not always all powerful, not that i'm a supporter of him, but i am thankful of him reminding that america is not THE WORLD
also: GTP, cars, girls, computers (macs), IMax, FOOD

Originally posted by halfracedrift
i am thankful for Osama bin laden (i'm serious) cuz it shows that america is not always all powerful, not that i'm a supporter of him, but i am thankful of him reminding that america is not THE WORLD

Im with you on that one. I dont like what happened, and its sad all those people died, but to me he sent a pretty strong message across that USA is not god and they are not invinceble (sp?)

Im thankful for my PS2, GT3 and GTA:VC. Im not thankful for my family, particulary my parents, I hate then and the can get stuffed.

I'm thankful for my family and relatives, computer, Boss Hogs Computers (its a computer repairs/sales place that we get all our computer problems sorted out at), Polyphony Digital for obvious reasons, Sony for obvious reasons, the kickarse community here at GTP, Adobe for obvious reasons and the Golden Casket Lottery for sending my dad an $11,000 cheque. :D

i'm thankful there are still some members with a brain here, i'm thankful i've got a pretty and funny girlfriend, to Jordan for putting up such a nice website, and a whole lot of people too.

and i'm certainly not thankful to the bastards who stole my car last summer. :grumpy:

yeah.. i mean.. it is sad all those innocent ppl died..... they were innocent for cryin out loud... and .. i thought this would send a msg to GB to stop stickin his head into every single ordeal in the middle east.. he doesn't get it...... lets just hope nostradamus' predictions are not correct.... either that, or bring on GT4 before the year 2027
:D:D

edit: GB here means george bush if anyone is confused, and, no it doesn't stand for GameBoy...

I am thankful for everything that can be thanked for. This includes my family, friends, pretty girls, fast cars, and America.

:drumstick Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm thankful that this thread is getting back on track.

I'm thankful that I have a loving and healthy family. (unfortunately I can't spend holidays with them.)
Thankful that I have not had a drop of alcohol in about 3 years now.
Thankful that I have a excellent boss to learn from and further my career with.
Thankful that I have met so many wonderful and interesting people here at GTP. Thanks Jordan.

Have a happy holiday season everyone! Much love to all ya!

Well, we don't celebrate Thanksgiving, but there's never an adequate reason not to give thanks for what you have, so:
I'm thankful for my health, and for that of my wife
I'm thankful FOR my wife, who puts up with me.
I'm thankful for my abilities, which allow me to support myself.
I'm thankful for my house, which gives me a base from which I can project myself.
I'm thankful for all the people in the world who accept me for who I am, and respect me for that, especially the ones who are able to do this while disagreeing with me. I'm also thankful to those who facilitate my contact with people whom I have never met.
I'm thankful that on 13 December 1999 I did not kill or injure anyone, including myself.
And I'm thankful for all the really cool stuff I have - Sony, Dell, Bose, Canon: you do cool stuff.

Although we don't celebrate Thanksgiving in Holland, it still is a good idea to give thanks once in a while:

I'm thankful for my family.
Thankful for all my friends, including Peter (:( miss you, man)
Thankful for my beautiful and sweet girlfriend.
Thankful for the fact that Jordan started GTP;)
Thankful for my mental and psychical health.
And thankful for so many other, smaller things.

I think that Thanksgiving should be an World-Wide holiday!

But,what im thankful for is:God, my parents, my family, my DSL modem, PS2, and many many other things.......Including :gtplanet:!!!!

Thank you Jordan for creating this wonderful community!

No thanksgiving here either, obviously. But!

The fact that my racing career is starting to lift off,
the team,
my girlfriend,
my awesome friends,
family,
nice girls,
technology.

And last but definitely not least: this community!

Oh, and I'm thankful for Doug who's getting an XC90!

Let's reserve the Iraq debate for another thread, OK guys?
Originally posted by GilesGuthrie
I'm thankful for my health...
Oh, I completely forgot about that, I'll have to add that to my list!

Im Thankful for.

My Family.
My Mates (All of em including the complete nutters :P)
The People who I am enjoying this forum with.
My Friends at work
My Tallents
Music
Motorsport and cars
Food. (and lots of it)
Alchohol. (in moderation)
and Last but not least :gtplanet: for the last 10 months or so that ive been here.

Hmm, a tuffy: ;)
Life(duh)
Being born when I was(seems like a lot of stuff is happening for the good of me because of when I was born)
My exellent family
My pets
My dad's career that's turning into my career
:gtplanet: !!
Our 7 cars(323's a little down on it's luck, it need a new battery but to put that off my dad's putting in used batteries all dieing lol...not my problem :) )
Playstation and the Gran Turismo series
Dish Network and the Speed channel(when it's not showing Nascar)in my room too.
My new Raleigh(which...I owe money on still...)
Maisto 1:18 scale cars, the best quality for the lowest price and availibility.
Having a 13B(most of it anyhoo) in my room(supporting my old Precraprio(Presario, sorry) monitor)
The net
My area(house and stuff, good location)

What I'm not thankful for:
SCHOOL(damn it sucks, it sucks when people don't diss me it sucks more that they do so I go bumming around school for 8 or so hrs a day and then I'm dissed about my grades by idiots saying that I'm dumb because of my grades when they don't realise that I don't care! It's putride! Kids suck.
Ohh and get this, Parkway is selling out student names to this company that's making plaques from us to our parents thanking them for takeing care of us. BOGUS!! I got a call last night from some woman explaining this crap to me. She's like "This is a mable and it's laser ingraved" and then she dissed me: I said "I have made things like this by myself, you can't get more sincere then that, don't you agree?" and she's like "Well that was just wood, it wasn't laser ingraved" And then she was saying how they were gonna send someone to my house to show me what it would look like and I'm like "You don't understand, I'd never buy this. You're waisting your time" and she's like "eh eh ok goodnight"*click* And the price for this crap? $30. RIP-OFF
The only good I get out of school is DLing big files in Drafting without the teacher knowing, and he's told everyone not to do it and Parkway even came out with this bogus paper notice that "violaters will be deciplined" and all this crap.
Dumb drivers-come on drive your damn car, it's not hard. Hell animals have driven. Can't you atleast realise that you can't drive? Park your GM POS on your driveway(if you know how) and just look at it and imagine that you're driving, it will save the world.
Office buildings that send cops after kids for "trespassing" even though there's no sign. Nuff said dere...

That's about it, have a great thanksgiving everyone!

P.S.-I just gave you all that text, now be happy! :)

I forgot to say I'm thankful for my red(!) chair.

And I hereby distantiate myself from blue/gray chairs.

But enough off-topic rambling...

Originally posted by gt3stuntman01
in response to halfracedrift, go hug a rainbow, its pansies like you that should be over there getting bombed. i hope we bomb the $h1t out of those Iraqies like we did the Japanese(no offense to them, they gave us GT1,2,and 3). But on a lighter note, im thankful for GT3, GTAIII, GTAViceCity, my family, my computer, my laptop, my PS2, and my pets, and i think thats all, god bless. :D

not tryin ta get the thanksgivin thread off topic
but, if US didn't stick their heads into everything, ythink OBL would actually do this?
he said its for a "religious cause" and that US is "evil" because they did things that were not allowed in the Religious Book for their religion , (actually its just cuz USA is trying to stop everything he does, thats y he bomb u) no offense to everyone in USA, but just stop stickin ur head into everything

Back