Has Gran Turismo affected your music taste?

Has Gran Turismo affected your music taste?

• Yes; it introduced me to songs/artists which I still like

Votes: 135 61.1%
  • No; I have never cared for any of the music in GT

Votes: 38 17.2%
  • I enjoy the music in GT but none of it is my favourite

Votes: 28 12.7%
  • There is music in GT that I like but wasn't introduced to it by GT

Votes: 20 9.0%

• Total voters
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
jamiemb17
Wondering who can relate. Gran Turismo has introduced music to me that I have grown to love, namely Daiki Kasho and the selection of jazz in GT5.

Has anyone else come to love any particular musicians or styles of music through their exposure by GT games? If so, say who and post your favourite song(s).

This was my first introduction to my future favourite artist...

I think hearing Sober by Muse on GT3 definitely affected my music taste, plus I've always had a soft spot for Feeder. A lot of my music taste, at least until a few years ago, was alternative rock, similar to those on the first few GT Games.

Meh, besides GT2 no other GT game soundtrack stuck in my head and made me go looking for artists on YT.

I would also say that PD really tries their best to push Daiko Kaisho but I never saw the appeal of the style(I also noticed they reuse old songs of this artist in multiple games).

On gameplay, all music are off and I just listen to the engines, PD got that mostly right with this game so the sounds are bearable.

Last edited:
When this comes up at the menu I am happy.

Also there was a song with a mad guitar solo that came up while I was driving the Ring circuit experience with the solo coinciding with the last third, rollercoaster style, sector. I don't remember the song, anyone?

Yes for sure !!

It indtroduced me into the music of My chemical Romance. They'd the soundtrack in Gt5 I believe with Planetary (Go). Since then I was curious on what they made more than only that track. Bought the album Danger Days and as far as today it's favourite music for me while driving.. I feel young again, a bit rebellious to say. And it seems they are going to do a reunion this or next year ! :) Also, they've inspired me to follow more bands in the same genre, Sum41, Weezer, Greenday ofcourse, blink 182... it gives you energy !

I usually have it turned down so low, I can barely hear, as I don't like most of the music they pick. The only time I really hear it, is in the livery editor. There's one piece of music that seems to go on for freaking ever, that I absolutely hate, to the point I turn my TV down until it's over.

Save for a few songs (like Young Fathers' "Get Up"), I'm not all that big on the racing music in GTS. In fact, I've had the in-game racing music switched off lately. I did create a Spotify playlist in case the mood strikes, though.

I think I actually enjoy the menu music a lot more. It's pretty classy and goes well with the game's presentation.

Yes for sure !!

It indtroduced me into the music of My chemical Romance. They'd the soundtrack in Gt5 I believe with Planetary (Go). Since then I was curious on what they made more than only that track. Bought the album Danger Days and as far as today it's favourite music for me while driving.. I feel young again, a bit rebellious to say. And it seems they are going to do a reunion this or next year ! :) Also, they've inspired me to follow more bands in the same genre, Sum41, Weezer, Greenday ofcourse, blink 182... it gives you energy !

Damn that song was awesome

I definitely have added stuff like Daiki Kasho, My Chemical Romance and Tom H@ck to my playlists. I turn off the music while driving but the jazzy tracks in the menus has always been pretty good for relaxing. Some of the vocal tracks they added for GTS really make me wish we could customize the playlist though......

"I don't care how much you like London in the rain, your voice makes me ill!" :yuck:

Not really.. I almost always turn the music DOWN so I can listen to my own music. ok I have to admit GT did introduce me to a guilty pleasure song called As Good As It Gets lol I feel terrible for liking it as much as I do. Good times, so many memories.

No, I don't like any of the music in GTS for racing. Its fine background music for the other windows but its not good music to race with for me.

I want to hear stuff like "King Nothing- Metallica" when I race somebody, not some soft foo-foo crap.

Video game soundtracks are the last place I would look to find new music.

Turning off any music or soundtrack is the first thing I do.

Maybe I’m too old. Now get off my lawn.
Sorry to have to do this but I think you're right there :P most of my whole music taste has been acquired from games. I find the songs and artists that I find in games to be consirably better than what is mainstream. However I think it has a lot to do with how you find your music as you grow up.

Sorry to have to do this but I think you're right there :P most of my whole music taste has been acquired from games. I find the songs and artists that I find in games to be consirably better than what is mainstream. However I think it has a lot to do with how you find your music as you grow up.
I haven’t found much if any mainstream music to my liking since the 90’s. I’m sure many who enjoy today’s video game soundtracks will not enjoy those featured in games 10 years from now.

I do remember liking the sountrack to the game Roadrash but it was because I already liked most of the songs.

MMX
I usually have it turned down so low, I can barely hear, as I don't like most of the music they pick. The only time I really hear it, is in the livery editor. There's one piece of music that seems to go on for freaking ever, that I absolutely hate, to the point I turn my TV down until it's over.

Lol, In love that sound in the livery editor

Last edited:
I've played GT games since GT1 as a teenager and always hated the elevator music but it's kind of expected in the game. I'd say GT4 probably had the best soundtrack of all GT games IMO.

I didn't vote.

For me over the years, playing all of the Gran Turismo games (multiple times), the music has for the most part been good and even great.
However, in GT Sport, there are few songs that I enjoy and fewer that I actually like.

I really wish they would support in-game spotify or your own usb playlist along side the game.

Gran Turismo without music is like fish without chips. They cannot be separated, and a few songs on my iTunes playlist are from Gran Turismo. It feels wrong to turn it off and naturally, I enjoy most of the songs in GT Sport. I say most because I severely dislike Daiki Kasho's "Place In This World" and "All My Life". To me it is absolute grot, and I prefer listening to "In The Black Of Night"

I didn't vote.

For me over the years, playing all of the Gran Turismo games (multiple times), the music has for the most part been good and even great.
However, in GT Sport, there are few songs that I enjoy and fewer that I actually like.

I really wish they would support in-game spotify or your own usb playlist along side the game.

Agreed. I hate that the Spotify app has to be run separately. It times out for me since I only like to use it for races.

Back