Has Gran Turismo affected your music taste?

Has Gran Turismo affected your music taste?

• Yes; it introduced me to songs/artists which I still like

Votes: 135 61.1%
  • No; I have never cared for any of the music in GT

Votes: 38 17.2%
  • I enjoy the music in GT but none of it is my favourite

Votes: 28 12.7%
  • There is music in GT that I like but wasn't introduced to it by GT

Votes: 20 9.0%

• Total voters
Lol, In love that sound in the livery editor
I don't mind that one. The one I'm talking about is instrumental only, no singing. Sounds like a sick Oboe trying to do a horror movie soundtrack. It's god awful.

One I do like, don't know the name of it, but they say murder a lot, has a good beat.

GT3 and 4 introduced me to Feeder, a band that I love. GT4 even has a weird mix of their song Shatter that I haven't been able to find anywhere else.

I've never really been interested in any of the soundtrack of the GTs beyond 4.

No. First thing I do with most new games is turn the music off...Well apart from GTA4 where the Reggae channel was always on, did have a great version of Concrete Jungle after all. 👍

Dreeeeeeeeeeeam Machine. I had to go download this song when I heard it. The downtempo version in GTS is much better than the regular version which is more upbeat. But I like to hear the sweet song of my engine when racing. Music off.

It was daiki Kasho and nittoku inoue that started me getting into Japanese music. I also love the track drive on coins by makoto. The moon over the castle tracks by Masahiro Andoh is also ace.

Agreed. I hate that the Spotify app has to be run separately. It times out for me since I only like to use it for races.

Get your stuff on USB under the file MUSIC. That's I do to listen to music in races

Last edited:
I listened to this one a lot when I was 14

Chronic Future... they had a good album but ended up being too raw at the time. Great song and yes GT4 introduced me to them even though they had a hit with 'Time and time again'

It was a strange part of my life when this dropped, but it gave me a great smile hearing this again.

MMX
I don't mind that one. The one I'm talking about is instrumental only, no singing. Sounds like a sick Oboe trying to do a horror movie soundtrack. It's god awful.

One I do like, don't know the name of it, but they say murder a lot, has a good beat.
Yes, that Line indeed, like that too.

This is that "murder" song
Its a bit different from what I normally listen to (DJ sets/edm etc).

Last edited:
Damn that song was awesome

At the end of 2013 I made a photo compilation of some of the races we've done that year (GTracing.nl), slightly directed on the music of that same soundtrack. Maybe, if I'm able to participate in their races this year, I would like to make a new video clip !

We all raced with our own colour & number, I raced with light blue and number 33. Host of GTracing are the yellow cars + number 69. Most of the racers are still active and using the same colours and numbers :D

You can't believe how much better my music taste is since Gran Turismo 5.

I can't go back to those crappy pop musics where the focus is only on the body. Where's the instruments? Only electronic "somethings".

Since 2011, I only listen to the Jazz songs of Gran Turismo, and, well, I'm proud of it. Of course, there's a lot of good songs I love other than GT's (Like Pro Street's, Burnout Paradise's), but every damn Friday and Saturday I listen to these.

It's on my phone, on my PC... I'm totally infected. :lol:

Dirty Cat Blues - Yu Manabe
Slow Life with the Sunshine - Yu Manabe
Menu Soundtrack #20 (see above)
Smoker's Lament - Ryo Sonoda
Prunus in Guanhua - Akimasa Yamada

This game introduced me to Future Islands - my favorite song on the soundtrack turned out to be one of my least favorite songs on the album it was taken from.

Other than that I find GTS to have too many pleb-voiced whining punk lady songs. I preferred previous soundtracks. The best was of course GT5s custom soundtrack integration. Bonanza theme ftw.

Gran Turismo, to me, has a really good soundtrack. Especially GT2 and GT3. There's always at least one track that I really like.
Also, Moon Over the Castle.

Yes! I was just thinking about this today. GT broadened my listening palate even more through Sport's menu music. While Driveclub made me like and appreciate trip hop and orchestral electronica, and Wipeout hooked me onto trance and breakbeat, GT Sport has made contemporary lounge music enjoyable to listen to. I'm streaming the whole Hotel Costes discography on YT as I type this. 👍

Last edited:
I enjoy the music in GT but none of it is my favourite

That got my vote. There are some tracks that I like, but alot of it sounds generic. I would love to see some X Japan make it into the game at some point.

I enjoy the music in GT but none of it is my favourite

That got my vote. There are some tracks that I like, but alot of it sounds generic. I would love to see some X Japan make it into the game at some point.

I'd like more Japanese rock. I like man with a mission, nothings carved in stone and VAMPS (not the boy band)

Tho GT introduces me to obscure electronic artists, Makoto, Satoshi Bando, Lenny Ibizarre, Isamu Ohira and Daiki Kasho always stuck in my head. Nuff said

Last edited:
I wish PD would changing the music regularly. I don't have my own music collection I can just fire up in the game, although I do have spotify but it doesn't integrate into the game very well with the rest of the background sounds. The same repetitive songs annoy me so I will probably switch the menu music off like I have for the driving racing music.

One word: YES!!:)
www.GIFCreator.me_fZyzqD.gif

For me the selection in GT Sport is just perfect. I've always liked the selection in previous GT but with this one they nailed it. It's not that GT music influenced me but it's quiet the opposite I already knew some tracks before they include them in the game. I love the jazz, bossa nova and lounge but to my surprise when I heard Charles Schillings, Mr.V, Mark Farina, Charles Webster... etc House tracks in the game, I cannot believe it.

These are favourites of mine. I appreciate there's some styles like rock, heavy, electro etc too that would appeal more to other people giving the game a variety in music. I was listening to this and many deep house back around 2006. The rest of remixes of "No communication, no love" were great too:

Also the Mr.V track:

Also if you like "Dream Machine" you should check compilations of instrumental hiphop and down tempo "Mushroom Jazz" mixes from Mark Farina. He is also one of my favourite House djs. @PirovacBoy

Last edited:
k
no, it all sounds like cheap beer commercial music to me, or corporate license-free music. I do like the jazzy stuff in the menus though. First thing i do in every GT game is turn off the music while playing.

This is false , all the music in GT sport is indie music . That being said GT sport has a **** soundtrack .

Back