Have you become the rammer in the game?!

Spread the love. Good motto for race opening message, as opposed to the usual "Don't bump me, or I'll ..."

The sad thing is that love does not spread as good as hate :(

It goes almost unnoticed if you drive carefully, pull out, brake early in a train, etc.
Brilliant idea: Give us the ability to rate other drivers after the race, but no down-votes allowed (see facebook)
This way clean driving would get some credit.

Spread the love. Good motto for race opening message, as opposed to the usual "Don't bump me, or I'll ..."

The sad thing is that love does not spread as good as hate :(

It goes almost unnoticed if you drive carefully, pull out, brake early in a train, etc.
Brilliant idea: Give us the ability to rate other drivers after the race, but no down-votes allowed (see facebook)
This way clean driving would get some credit.

This is actually a brilliant idea. I’m so glad there is no VOIP in game as it would be an absolute assault fest. Being able to give a driver an upvote or kudos points for clean /good driving would really change the mentality of drivers and post game lobby.

If there was a punt thread, yes. I punt only when warranted, And that's when someone wants to be stupid.

Hey it look like at first glance you should have out drove him.

He had started several places in front of me, I had seen him ram someone off earlier in the race and was cautious about passing him. also he was driving angry and blocking a bit for the past couple of laps. when he hit me I backed off a little and gave him space, but he simply used that as his opportunity to push me off the track.

I have contacted him to let him know I had not tried to hit him and that my pass was fair and valid but he does not see it that way and feels justified in having rammed me off AND reported me to Sony and GT Sport! crazy people

Unfortunately I do see him in regularly in races; our level and qualifying times are often close. It's all good race-craft practice I suppose.
Some day I will be able to drive around the nutters without them noticing me - like a driving ninja :D

Last edited:
In racing there is always someone who will make you want The checker flag more . Just remember it not Always a first place but a finish seeing then in your rearview as you pass the flag, Now that’s a win.

Last night I did ram back. 2 races in a row the same person rammed me off at turn 1. I did expect it the second race and still got hit as they went straight at my car instead of taking the corner. Never seen them before that I can remember. Got rammed 1 more time first lap by that same person in race 2. All 3 times I got a penalty. Race 3 I pulled way wide leaving the middle and inside open. Nope, tapped in the rear, 1 sec. penalty even though I didnt go off. First 2 races I watched this person try the same moves over and over, up the inside where there was no room, or trying to pass where you simply cant, so mostly just terrible racecraft, but also manipulating the penalty system. So in race 3 after I got done again I simply waited until the last 90 degree left and not a 'bad' launch keeping it hard right. They go to my left, at the full sweeping right handed I bang left first to put them straight in the wall and I continue on with a new penalty that I truly earned.

Was I bad of me? Yes. But multiple offenses of the exact same type to me and others through 3 races showed that this person was making no attempt to race clean, contact was used if possible. They probably think I am dirty, but I also had to do 3 races from the back after starting top 10 because they wanted to play dirty. It isnt a good look, and my actions probably cement their opinion that it is ok for them to drive that way but I can only hold back for so long before something like that has to be dealt with.

I have grown lots in my attitude on gt sportover the last year and a half I have been on, almost a the penalties this week have been from racing incidents that are simply combined fault, including one where I spun and after mentioned that I thought it was interesting I got spun there. The person thought I was blaming them, but I hadn't even thought there was contact but possibly lag. The person I hit back against wasn't racing incidents, they were several times very bad moves where the other person was 95pct likely to end up with contact and a penalty for said contact. That shows that even if they knew people were getting penalized for the moves then they didn't care. I have given up at least 10k DR added up by waiting for people I have accidentally punted. I have been revenge punted while waiting as well. This person had no interest in this and was happy to leave a trail of crashed cars behind them. So I rammed back. Had they apologized at any point after the races or slowed for any of the accidents I wouldn't have done that. Remember folks, acknowledge your accidents like responsible racers and apologize for mistakes. We are all better amd learn from it.

Never been a rammer. However if another player does decide to be dirty with me. I'll give them a little tap to let them know to stop. Today in dragon trail, a dude in a vw gr3 tried to ram me at the hairpin on the final lap. He gave up being top 10. Dropped to 14 cuz he just slammed into the wall at top speed and got a 1.5 second penalty. :lol::lol::lol:

Back