Have you ever won this car in GT1?

Hey people, Tonight I was playing GT1 and was racing the Tuned Car race. I have raced it a gozillion times. But when I won the championship I got an awsome Burgandy R32SKYLINE 91' GT-R as the prize car... Ive never gotten a skyline on that race before, ever !!!! Has anyone else ever gotten this car on that race?...the only place ive even seen this car is in the used car lot and never in this color. Also I played the mega speed race and got the usual Supra RZ as a prize...but tonight there was something way different thats never happened before either. IT WAS BABY BLUE !!!!!!! Ive won tons of these supra's on this race and ive enever ever seen a baby blue one ever...again has anyone else ever gotten this color RZ before? I look forward to your replies...as a mater of fact..tell me if you have gotten any cars you thought were unusual or rare...id really like to hear about them. :drool:

:( sadly, I never finished the Tuned races. I was tryin to do it in a Viper over a year and a half ago but couldn't get with that race, man! I should go back and try it again, maybe my skills have improved...that's the only series in GT1 that I haven't finished. I don't remember if I won a baby blue Supra or not...it's been awhile since I fired up the first game! ¬

Last edited:
MasterGT-R34
Well I got a black CRX with red rims , a babyblue Lancer Evo IV , a Purple Concept car, a LM Del Sol and a Yellow Soarer VVT-I

Im not sure Ive ever gotten the black CRX.... but I have recieved all the rest you mentioned before...I have heard that you can get a Gold Concept Car if your lucky. I always get the purple one everytime. But I did get another one last night Ive never seen before....it was a super bright Purple Lancer Evol IV. I gotta say though out of all of them that Baby Blue Supra really took me by suprize. Like I said..I have won dozens of these RZ's but never got a baby blue one...and it looks so cool to boot...If anyone wants I will try and put a picture of it on here.

Ok I got a question...I just found out last night that you can only have 100 cars in your garage...I did not know that! Anyway as far as I can understand, you can put your memory card into slot 2 and transfer your cars to a Home Garage on another memory card but it cost you credits to do it. My question is, Is there a limit to the number of cars you can put in your home garage? What Im trying to do is get every car in the game, that there is to get...I dont just mean makes and models but every make and model with both racing Modification styles and every make and model in every color it comes in and every car you can win in every color you can win it in...anyway thats gonna work out to a butt load of cars.

But man what a Quest huh? especially if you have to pay 250,000 credits to transfer one car to a home garage. But if there is a limit to the home garage...then I will end up having to sell some cars to make room for new ones. I realize that I could use 20 memory cards if needed to have 20 home garages. But I want to Know if there is a limit on just the one seeing as how there alot of free blocks being used just for cars...any info would be great. When I finish getting every car possible Im going to list them all here...might be a while...lol :)

Parnelli Bone
:( sadly, i never finished the Tuned races. I was tryin to do it in a Viper over a year and a half ago but couldn't get with that race, man! I should go back and try it again, maybe my skills have improved...that's the only series in gT1 that i haven't finished. I dont' remember if i won a baby blue Supra or not...it's been awhile since i fired up the first game! ¬

Hey parnelli, Yea you got it man, the tuned race is absolutely the hardest one to beat in GT1. Running a close second is the All Night race with the non-mod cars.

The way to beat the tuned race is with any car over 650hp that handles well, doesnt spin the tires in low gears and accelerates extremely fast. The acceleration part is the key. If you can get up to the front quickly you wont get left behind. Plus if you have an accident it doesnt take you long to accelerate to catch back up.

There really isnt very many places on the tuned race where you need top speed anyway...150 to 160 mph will be the max you will need on any given race. I usually go with any of the higher powered GTOs ....they accelerate very fast and dont spin the tires to bad. The reason this race is so difficult is because you have all the speed and power but no race mod to get the downforce to the tires.

I think everyone should throw their old GT1 disc into the console and give er a go. I gotta tell ya, I am having a blast with this thing. I forgot how fun and challenging the first one was.

That's my problem there...I refused to compromise my race with a high-powered Skyline or GTO...instead I was adamant that I win this particular series in my Viper. Call it pride, call it stubbornness...back when I was exploring GT1, I had never heard of a Skyline before and didn't care much for the 100+ Japanese models. That's where my attempt to get all B gold medals so I could win that wimpy Copperhead came! If I had known how much of a weakling it is, I wouldn't have bothered torturing myself for the red Dodge, but in a way it was good...I'm sure it helped my skills at least.

Several other websites have boasted that the Viper can win the Golden Three toughest races of GT1: the Tuned Series, the Normal races, and the GV 300 enduro. I was unable to win the Tuned races after trying several times (it sux, for instance, when you win at High Speed Ring II time after time, but screw up at GVII and Clubman reversed even after qualifying first) so I gave up. I was getting bored with GT1's car selection anyways, and GT2 had been sitting on my shelf for 3 months still in the wrapper.

Last edited:
On your garage question...100 cars is all you'll be able to store unless you use a Dex Drive (I think that's what it's called) which is an external device that hooks to your computer. The Dex will hold more info. In GT2, it'll also protect your garage from being wiped out by the garage thief.

Last edited:
Parnelli Bone
On your garage question...100 cars is all you'll be able to store unless you use a Dex Drive (i think that's what it's called) which is an external device that hooks to your computer. The Dex will hold more info. In GT2, it'll also protect your garage from being wiped out by the garage thief.

Ok, now ya went and done it...what the hell is the garage thief...dare I ask?...lol

I tell ya what, I been playing this thing for a right good long time and I just cant see the Dodge Viper ever winning the tuned car race..The only way its even concievable is if you changed the gears so that it shifts quicker and accelerates faster.

Except on the high speed ring..as long as you dont mess up during the race you should be able to win that one just the way it is...by nailing the straightaway and beating the other cars to the corners and breaking very hard or using their door as a block from sliding.

Also the R track might be risky without a little top speed because you might get ate up on the long straight. Shoot man, now I gotta try and beat it with that viper. I know im going to be cussin before its all said and done. Im going to try it right freakin now...i gotta know 💡 . Thanks for the info about the garage.

westvatexan
Ok, now ya went and done it...what the hell is the garage thief...dare I ask?...lol

I tell ya what, I been playing this thing for a right good long time and I just cant see the Dodge Viper ever winning the tuned car race..The only way its even concievable is if you changed the gears so that it shifts quicker and accelerates faster.

Except on the high speed ring..as long as you dont mess up during the race you should be able to win that one just the way it is...by nailing the straightaway and beating the other cars to the corners and breaking very hard or using their door as a block from sliding.

Also the R track might be risky without a little top speed because you might get ate up on the long straight. Shoot man, now I gotta try and beat it with that viper. I know im going to be cussin before its all said and done. Im going to try it right freakin now...i gotta know 💡 . Thanks for the info about the garage.

Well, I did it parnelli. It wasnt easy but I now know that winning the tuned race with the viper can be done. Heres the stats.

High Speed Ring II
No Changes to car
Qualified - 1st
Finished - 1st 4:16:472
Super Easy

Grand Valley Speedway II
Lowered Ride height to 87 front and rear.
Qualified - 6th
Finished - 1st 8:34:182
Very Difficult to beat the NSX

Clubman Stage R5 II
No Changes to car.
Qualified - 1st even with 1 wreck
Finished - 2nd 3:49:298
Very Very Difficult - The other cars are much faster on the curves.

Autumn Ring II
Changed final gear to 4.155 for quick acceleration.
Qualified - 6th
Finished - 2nd 5:58:295
Extremely hard to keep under control. Lost 1st place on very last curve with a little spin out..lol

Special Stage R11
Changed final gear to 3.455
Qualified - 6th
Finished - 5th 9:43:682
Lots of slipping and sliding, hard to control. Would have done much better but got rear ended in the tunnel on first lap and got sent into the barrier. Never could catch back up to leaders. Almost caught 4th place though. I needed about another 100 ft of straightaway..lol

Won the series championship with 32 points....2nd had 27 points.

My opinion for trying to win the tuned car race with modded viper TOUGH TOUGH TOUGH.. I dont recommend it. Fun though.

The tuned series is good fun, but not hard at all. I used the Impreza type R (Blue mica of course) and won every race by a good margin. (Won the SSR11 reverse race by about a lap too) At only 500 hp, the impreza makes up for it with lots of grip and handling. And im really bad at GT1.

SagarisGTB
The tuned series is good fun, but not hard at all. I used the Impreza type R (Blue mica of course) and won every race by a good margin. (Won the SSR11 reverse race by about a lap too) At only 500 hp, the impreza makes up for it with lots of grip and handling. And im really bad at GT1.

Aw darn it man, you had to go and say that didn't ya? Now i gotta go try it with the Impreza now. I wont be happy until I do. You guys gotta stop doing this to me..next thing you know Ill be trying to win it with a freakin Civic racer...lolol

By the way I think the Viper R10 could take that series down super easily. I never realized how much ass that car has until I did some serious racing with it tonight...that freakin thing rocks. Handles better than the GTS and has faster acceleration.

westvatexan
Aw darn it man, you had to go and say that didn't ya? Now i gotta go try it with the Impreza now.

Impreza? Dude, I smoked the Tuned races in my Mazda Lantis.

Ha ha, j/k. I'll ignore Sagaris, I'm not sure what he's been smoking cuz those races are NOT easy!!

Yeah, I never tried the R10 Viper, but it should have a little more of an edge...it's lighter, after all. Really what it comes down to is back in those days I wanted to just get GT1 over with so I could move on to more cars, more tracks, MORE FUN! I lost patience with the Tuned races...and I'm probably better at reversed tracks nowadays. Unfortunately in GT1, you can't put a limited slip device in. The Viper maxes out at over 500 hp, and without downforce it becomes (like you said) extremely slippery....like a snake.

Oh, the garage thief...in GT2 if you keep doing the machine tests and fill up all 8 of the top records, you'll eventually become prone to the thief. It's a massive flaw in the game. Early copies (versions 1.0 and 1.1) are more prone to it than 1.2 (Greatest Hits) versions. Basically, first you'll notice that when you go back to your garage, things start to get screwy. You might find that one of the cars will have an insane amount of power (4,000 hp or something) and weigh zero pounds. Some people have reported that this mystery car appears black and when they try to race it, it won't move. Some folks say they can only drive it in reverse..

Long story long, the next steps are devastating. You'll find that your cherished 8 top speed records will become gibberish, and finally, all your cars will say no name no name in the garage instead of Dodge Viper. Either this will happen, or your garage will simply say N/A and all your cars will be gone, even tho your race history (where you've won, where you've lost, etc.) will be preserved. At this point, there's nothing you can do unless you've got a previously saved game.

Some people have told me that it's impossible to have the thief strike a version 1.2 game, but I know first-hand that it can happen...I've had 3 or 4 garages totally wiped out. Then again, I do lots of track testing. Nowadays, I have a safe memory card where I do all my testing that has nothing to do with any of my other games...just in case, but I haven't seen the thief strike for over a year, now.

Last edited:
I dont remember ever having touble on those races I did them like three years ago actually its probably been more like eight but back then i was only using the tvr cerbera because I hated japanese and did really care for american cars so might as well use the british car thats somewhat close to being german. but now my preferance for cars is everything i dont care most cars have some one thing whether its a quirk or driving style that makes em fun to run.

Parnelli Bone
Impreza? Dude, i smoked the Tuned races in my Mazda Lantis.

Ha ha, j/k. I'll ignore Sagaris, i'm not sure what he's been smoking cuz those races are NOT easy!!

Yeah, i never tried the R10 Viper, but it should have a little more of an edge...it's lighter, after all. Really what it comes down to is back in those days i wanted to just get GT1 over with so i could move on to more cars, more tracks, MORE FUN! I lost patience with the Tuned races...adn i'm probly better at reversed trax nowadays. Unfortunately in GT1, you can't put a limtied slip device in. The Viper maxes out at over 500 hp, and without downforce it becomes (like you said) extremely slippery....like a snake.

Oh, the garage theif...in GT2 if you keep doing hte machine tests and fill up all 8 of the top records, you'll eventually become prone to the theif. It's a massive flaw in the game. Early copies (versions 1.0 and 1.1) are more prone to it than 1.2 (Greatest Hits) versions. Basically, first you'll notice that when you go back to your garage, things start to get screwy. You might find that one of the cars will have an insane amount of power (4,000 hp or something) and weigh zero pounds. Some people have reported that this mystery car appears black and when they try to race it, it won't move. Some folks say they can only drive it in reverse..

Long story long, the next steps are devastating. You'll find that your cherished 8 top speed records will become gibberish, and finally, all your cars will say “no name no name” in the garage instead of “Dodge Viper”. Either this will happen, or your garage will simply say N/A and all your cars will be gone, even tho your race history (where you've won, where y;ou've lost, etc.) will be preserved. At this point, there's nothing you can do unless you've got a previously saved game.

Some people have told me that it's impossible to have the thief strike a version 1.2 game, but i know first-hand that it can happen...i've had 3 or 4 garages totally wiped out. Then again, i do lots of track testing. Nowadays, i have a ‘safe’ memory card where i do all my testing that has nothing to do with any of my other games...just in case, but i haven't seen the theif strike for over a year, now.

Well, I decided not to save any cars except both racing mod versions of every car and every car that you win modded and unmodded...that should reduce garage space..however I will buy every color car and then turn around and sell it..I write them down when I sell them. I decided to do it alpabetically..so I started with the aston martins... I bought every color there was of the DB7 Coupe and then sold all but 2 of them, I RMed(racing modified) those into the green and silver one. so in my garage I have The 2 RM ones and the white, purple, and dark red ones that you win and I have written down the ones I bought and sold. Did the same with the volante. So Im done with aston martin...Im also done with Chevrolet and Dodge now Im moving on to the next letter of the alphabet...lol

Ok, I raced the tuned race with the impreza type R, that dude was right..every race was a walk except the R5..for some reason the cars are much faster in that race. I raced beautifully and still got my ass kicked on that one..finished 3rd...just couldnt keep up with them on it. I also tried it with the impreza that you win on another race, cant remeber which one it is. It has more horsepower than the Type R but yet it could not keep up with the cars in the race. That typeR imprza is one quick mofo and handles like a go cart.

Somehow I gotta find out how many different colored cars you can win...every forum and site I go on says theres only 3 colors of this one or 3 colors of that one or only 1 color....but I can show you pictures of cars I have in my garage right now..that are different than the colors they all say...Like the nismo GT-R LM i was telling you about...They all say only one color, Silver but I can show you right now that I have a white one with blue decals. They say DB7 coupes come in only purple, white, orange...But I have in my garage a dark red or burgandy one. It looks very close to the red one you can buy only a little darker. You can tell the bought ones from the ones you win by looking at the top left corner of the screen when you look at a car in your garage. If you won it, there wont be the name of the color of the car there. There are others too but i cant remember them off the top of my head... Do you know anywhere where I can find A true colors list.

One more thing...I have raced the USvsUK race literally 50 times and I cant get the yellow concept car...I get a freakin purple one every stinkin time...any tips for getting the yellow one? anybody?

ok im dont typing my ass off here...ill shut up now :crazy:

Sorry, I know little about prize cars. I tend to get more obsessed with the ones you can buy for some reason. I bet SportWagon could answer your questions, though. Where is he?

Last edited:
westvatexan
Hey people, Tonight I was playing GT1 and was racing the Tuned Car race. I have raced it a gozillion times. But when I won the championship I got an awsome Burgandy R32SKYLINE 91' GT-R as the prize car... Ive never gotten a skyline on that race before, ever !!!! Has anyone else ever gotten this car on that race?...the only place ive even seen this car is in the used car lot and never in this color. Also I played the mega speed race and got the usual Supra RZ as a prize...but tonight there was something way different thats never happened before either. IT WAS BABY BLUE !!!!!!! Ive won tons of these supra's on this race and ive enever ever seen a baby blue one ever...again has anyone else ever gotten this color RZ before? I look forward to your replies...as a mater of fact..tell me if you have gotten any cars you thought were unusual or rare...id really like to hear about them. :drool:
Are you playing the PAL or NTSC version?

The Hard-Tuned Series awards either a Trueno or Skyline, with the Skyline being rarer. I've seen the Skyline in bright red, bright blue, and yellow. I've checked the prize lists and possible colours using a Game Shark. If you see burgundy, either you're using a different version (ie. PAL) or your TV colour is adjusted strangely.

And, as far as I know, the Supra RZ must have come from the Normal Series, not the Mega-Speed. But yes, I've seen baby blue, but it seems to be somewhat rare.

Rare cars for me seem to be the yellow Concept Car for USvsUK, and the red-orange Soarer for the Mega-Speed Cup, as well as FTO's, especially green ones in the USvsJP.

http://www.geocities.com/gt2toxs/gt/
http://www.geocities.com/gt2toxs/albrnickgt/
http://www.geocities.com/gt2toxs/albrnickgt/races/tuned.html
http://www.geocities.com/gt2toxs/gt/diary/
http://www.geocities.com/gt2toxs/gt/diary/2004-01-18.html

Yes you are right it was the normal series I think..Thx though...I know im not on drugs and my TV is correct..That baby blue RZ is a trip...So it is just rare then...cool....Dude Im tellin ya I got a burgandy skyline and im playing the NTSC version...I can show ya a pic if you want. What about the burgandy DB7...is that normal? I have one of those also. Im gonna go over my garage and write down the weird ones...maybe you can tell me something about them. The only won car I dont have is the cerbera in blue grey..i have the green grey one. cant seem to get the blue one. Raced the Vs race a bunches of times and always get the green one or the other prize car...never the blue grey cerb.

I have won those cars in GT1 many a time over. But in GT3 i won the team Oreca dodge viper LM, The only catch is im not permitted to sell it. Yep i cant not sell it all. It is still in my garage with 280.000 k's on the clock never serviced, I just THRASHED the living daylights out of it just doing burnouts.

1 2 3 4 5 I'm chasing bob the builder With a knife.
Can we slice him? Yes we can.

Sorry i downed a few drinks last night. LOL

Parnelli Bone
Impreza? Dude, i smoked the Tuned races in my Mazda Lantis.

Ha ha, j/k. I'll ignore Sagaris, i'm not sure what he's been smoking cuz those races are NOT easy!!

💡
Maybe you should try it before criticizing

westvatexan
Yes you are right it was the normal series I think..Thx though...I know im not on drugs and my TV is correct..That baby blue RZ is a trip...So it is just rare then...cool....Dude Im tellin ya I got a burgandy skyline and im playing the NTSC version...I can show ya a pic if you want. What about the burgandy DB7...is that normal? I have one of those also. Im gonna go over my garage and write down the weird ones...maybe you can tell me something about them. The only won car I dont have is the cerbera in blue grey..i have the green grey one. cant seem to get the blue one. Raced the Vs race a bunches of times and always get the green one or the other prize car...never the blue grey cerb.

Sorryy, I said blue /grey cerb... i meant burgandy and grey,,,whoops in any case, as usual I posted that I couldnt get it and bingo, bamo, zippo, zappo, walla...i got it soon afterward...this site is possessed im telling ya.

SagarisGTB
💡
Maybe you should try it before criticizing

I wasn't criticizing, just making a joke. But seriously, I still think the Tuned series is pretty tough.

Last edited:
I don't know if you guys knew this or not but you can keep all your colors with the save settings menu. Say you have a yellow, a blue, and a white MR2 - use the save settings option in a time trial or race to save the settings for each one (it's best if each car has identical settings). Just name your saves after the color. Now you can take your white MR2 to a championship and change it with the "load settings" menu to a blue MR2 for the second race, a yellow MR2 for the 3rd race etc. Then you can sell the other two MR2's! I did this to save room in my garage (and also to change colors during championships just for the heck of it). I have all the colors of prize car Impreza's - all colors of NISMO 400R etc. but only need one space in the garage for each car. It's easy to hit the hundred car limit in your garage but there's room for a whole lot of settings saves on a memory card :-)

I accidentally found out about this quirk when I had a yellow Concept Car that was tuned the way I like it. Then I won the purple one and instead of tuning it maually, I just used the "load settings" menu to put my yellow car settings on. Then I thought I was going bonkers when my purple car was gone. I did the same thing again and realized - "Hey, it saves the color along with the other settings!" For awhile, I suspected that it also saved the "dirtiness" of the car too and that you could get free carwashes by saving only "clean" copies of a car. That turned out not to be true though...

westvatexan
IMy question is, Is there a limit to the number of cars you can put in your home garage? What Im trying to do is get every car in the game, that there is to get...I dont just mean makes and models but every make and model with both racing Modification styles and every make and model in every color it comes in and every car you can win in every color you can win it in...anyway thats gonna work out to a butt load of cars.

But man what a Quest huh? especially if you have to pay 250,000 credits to transfer one car to a home garage.
I have one garage I built up containing the cheapest instance of every used car (I once found the chart in memory which tells which cars to make available at which price, and worked from there). After that, I entered each one in the Tuned Series.

http://www.geocities.com/gt2toxs/gt/logs/gt1-tuned.txt

But I lost interest by the time it came to thinking about doing all the new cars as well.

But you can't get any more than 100 cars in your garage, no way.

To move cars to another garage, you need to load the game which is the "receive" the cars, and buy them from your other memory card. E.g. I have a small "All Stars" collection...

http://www.geocities.com/gt2toxs/gt/logs/allstars.txt

I haven't added any new cars there for a while, though.

You pay for the car plus all fitted parts. A glitch means you don't get the removable parts, however, so, to reduce expense, what you should arguably do is...

1) Remove all parts from all cars in "donor" game, and save.
2) Load "receiving" game and buy cars.

However, if you do that, you lose the settings of those cars. So, if you have lots of cash you will need to buy the cars with all parts, and then rebuy the parts (they will be available for purchase, even though they're 1/2 fitted) in the receiving game. Sort of tedious. The problem is that in the receiving game if you remove a part, you can't put it back on! (As you may have inferred, when you buy parts there is a master table indicating you have bought it; that's why you can "share" the parts with all instances of the same car. Presumably when you buy a card via memory-card trade the game forgets to update that table even though it updates the garage entry to indicate the particular parts are fitted).

Note that when you "buy" cars you actually clone them; that is, they are not removed from the "donor" game. In fact, you can clone cars this way using only one card (just moving it to slot two for purchasing).

There's also a Cr15,000 "tax" on race-mod cars. So if for some reason you decide to buy special models that way, they cost Cr515,000, and an LM prize costs Cr35,000 instead of the Cr20,000 for most prizes.

Oh another gotcha. You can "buy" as many copies of the B-license golds Copperhead as you like, at no cost, but then there's no way to get rid of them. For some reason this prize has a value of Cr0 instead of Cr20,000, and it appears the game won't let you sell cars with that price. It's somewhat surprising it lets you buy it via "trade", since I believe it's its zero price which makes it "not for sale" at the Dodge showroom.

AlfaAlfa
I don't know if you guys knew this or not but you can keep all your colors with the save settings menu.
Wow. That sounds like something new I'll need to try out. I gave up on settings files when the game didn't like one at one point. I think I must have been trying to load settings saved from the non-race-mod car into the race-mod car and it didn't like that. And for some reason I never tried them again.

I used settings files a lot in GT3, however.

You guys are blowing my mind. I had no idea there were so many glitches in GT1....so far it sounds as if there are almost as many GT1 glitches as there are GT2...although they aren't as harmful. You're not gonna lose a garage in GT1, that's for sure.

Last edited:
Prize cars that are road cars come in 3 colours.
Prize cars that are LM or race bodied come in 2 colours.
From memory The "Burgandy Skyline" is more metallic red than the Burgandy of the Aston Martin or the Soarer. May be the colour setting on the TV.

SportWagon
Except for those that come in only one colour.

That would be the Nismo LM road car. Forgot about that one.
The Nismo Skyline 400 R comes in four colours (license test prize).
The Cobra and Supra License Prize cars are one colour only as well.
Been playing GT4 too much.
Any others?
At least with GT1 you could remember the prize cars. Try remembering all the prize cars in GT4.

Uncle Harry
Any others?
Demio, Camaro, and the Chaser LM.

And that last one is actually an LM car which comes in only one colour. Of course, they are all in GT League rather than Special Events.

I can almost remember the complete surprise I felt when I won my first Demio.

SportWagon
I can almost remember the complete surprise I felt when I won my first Demio.

Me too. Of course, after winning a hundred more doing Sunday Cup after Sunday Cup, the feeling wore off.

Back