HEAVY understeer with Skyline GT-R Vspec

• Thread starter LillePer
  • 2 comments
Hi fellas. I'm new here :)

My R34 GT-R Vspec keeps understeering, i have no idea how to fix it. I'm currently using this setup:

Suspension

Spring rate 11.8 10.
Ride Height 89 89
Damper Bound 4 3
Damper Rebound 8 7
Camber 2.9 1.1
Toe 0 0
Stablizers 4 5

Why don't you put the spring ratio equal (I use the springs equal for AWD cars), like 9/9 or 10/10, the damper bound and rebound at 7 in rear and in front, the camber put at 2.0 at front and 1.0 at rear, the stabilizers at 6 in rear and in front , I don't think the car will very different, but maybe little different, if the car continue understeering, at spring ratio put like 10/8 or 11/9, stiffer in front and softer in rear, this should cause more oversteering.

Go ahead drop the front lower then the rear
Give the rear a higher bound and rebound like around 7 or 8 and the front bound and rebound around 6 or 7.
Give the front Toe a -2.0 and the rear a positive 2.0 toe
lower the front camber to 1.5 and raise the rear chamber to 3.0. Try it and then tweak it to your liking. That is only a start. BTW if you have an LSD drop everything to 5 until you feel more comfortable using the LSD, it will be the best way to tune the car to turn. and lower. turn TCS off and definately turn that ASM crap off.

Back