Hebrew or Greek alphabet help

I need to find out what 2 particular letters look like in Hebrew or Greek.
The letters are J and R. I have already found the Arabic versions and although they look OK I want to see what the Hewbew and Greek letters look like.

I've tried searching but am srtuggling to find the actual letters themselves. Then I though of the word "Jesus" there must be a Hebrew word meaning Jesus and I'm thinking this should contain a J? Same goes for Ruth, or Mary for the R.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

And Hi - Its been a long long while since I visited

I've tried searching but am srtuggling to find the actual letters themselves. Then I though of the word "Jesus" there must be a Hebrew word meaning Jesus and I'm thinking this should contain a J? Same goes for Ruth, or Mary for the R.

Possibly not helpful at all. But if I learned anything from Indiana Jones and The Crusade is that in Hebrew Jehovah is spelled with an I. So maybe they don't have a J?

Hi, as you can see, I'm Greek :)
J (Jesus, Jaguar, Jehovah) is I, because in Greek Jesus is Iesous, with the stress in -ous. Jaguar is Iagouaros with the stress in the second a. Jehovah is is Iehovas with the stress in a.

R in Greek, is like English p. The Greek "R" is "P" or "r" is "ρ"). In capitals, if i write with Greek letters the word MORE is MOP (the "e" is not written). I mean, the English P,p is spelled R,r in Greek.I hope you understand, otherwise ask whatever you want :)

To help you more:
English Alphabet: A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,L,M,N,O,P,Q,R,S,T,U,V,W,X,Y,Z
-Greek Alphabet: Α,Β,Γ,Δ,Ε,Ζ,Η,Θ,Ι,Κ,Λ,Μ,Ν,Ξ,Ο,Π,Ρ,Σ,Τ,Υ,Φ,Χ,Ψ,Ω (two letters less)

or

English Alphabet: a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i,j,k,l,m,n,o,p,q,r,s,t,u,v,w,x,y,z
-Greek Alphabet: α,β,γ,δ,ε,ζ,η,θ,ι,κ,λ,μ,ν,ξ,ο,π,ρ,σ,τ,υ,φ,χ,ψ,ω

Meh. Its for a tattoo, so I don't really fancy the Greek equivalent of the letter R or the letter J to be honest!!!

I have tracked down the Arabic "J" and it looks good but then the Arabic "R" is just a small simple line!!! Might have to settle on that one - Thanks though:tup:

Its purely the letters R and J thats all. I have someone at work who is an artist and they are going to do me a sample of what it would look like.
I'm going for a thich-ish black line but I want a thin white line inside this - It would look different to other tattoos this way.

Nice to see you again James!

Although I can't help thinking an intellectual tattoo is lost in this county.

Back