Heldenzeit's Garage (New Italian!)

• Thread starter Heldenzeit
  • 1,139 comments
Now I've done something silly. Just hear me out. I traded my Watanabe wheels.
1957756_10203600847050039_1322305080_o.jpg

For these hella doep swag Work Equip 02s. These we're the only set ever made of this size in 4x100. Rears are 15x11.5 +5 offset. They look totally ridiculous haha. It's like driving with big boat anchors. BUT, these are worth about $3k so I can sell them for more than the Wat's are worth. The new wheels I am getting to replace these will be 4 lbs lighter PER WHEEL than the old Watanabes.

I like this car. ;)
10003456_10203556554942764_1651783608_n.jpg

Last edited:
Oh good, another MX5 taken off Watanabe's..

Seriously, I absolutely adore those rims but they are so played out lately that I'm utterly tired of them.

Good on you for taking a more unique route, those new rims look sexy! And with the weight savings they're a win win.

Oh good, another MX5 taken off Watanabe's..

Seriously, I absolutely adore those rims but they are so played out lately that I'm utterly tired of them.

Good on you for taking a more unique route, those new rims look sexy! And with the weight savings they're a win win.

The Equips on the car now are boat anchors. I'm selling these for a profit and going with something else.

But but but.. Watanabes are classics and hard to find in good nick.. They go with most classics without violating the style of the period..

But but but.. Watanabes are classics and hard to find in good nick.. They go with most classics without violating the style of the period..

I loved the Wat's believe me. I ordered them new. The problem with them is that one, they are 14lbs each! Two; I'm planning some aero modifications and the classic retro Wat's would look a little out of place with the Time Attack look I'm going for. Three; the finish was starting to dull after only seven months on the car. The faces are so porous that brake dust gets embedded really easy.

What I have planned will be much more suitable to the car while improving performance.

My Wat's didn't go very far. I can see them every week, it's like visitation rights.
10001365_10203095881945492_2099661493_n.jpg

What, like 450 made? Less than 100 of them LHD? Maybe if I win the lottery. :P

Wonder how the import laws would apply, since Miata's are obviously sold here and it's basically the same car, although a bit safer with the fixed roof.

Sorry for OT.

I love Mazda but don't think I can ever forgive them for not bringing those to the UK. We drive on the same side of the car for Chrissakes!

Niice, you changing them to street tyres? I know it's hot enough in California that you'd actually be alright streeting slicks but they're so prone to punctures..

Back