Heldenzeit's Garage (Endless Maintenance)

• Thread starter Heldenzeit
  • 1,149 comments
I've always thought something like a BMW six would be awesome in an Mx5.

Something like an M20B25, 2.5 litres 171bhp, not too much or too little for the car.

DK
Be original, go for a SR20 swap. :lol:
What?;)
23684090042_large.jpg

If I were to do a swap, it would be a K Series.
98610-k-series-miata-swap-11650912844_b8696a7a10_c-jpg

If I were to do a swap, it would be a K Series.

The K20A is a fantastic engine, I whole heartedly support this thought process!

I remember when I was first getting serious about tuning and the whole modification scene I saw an MR-S with a K20A in it and I fell in love.. that thing was just perfection incarnate - a fantastic chassis for hitting the mountain pass combined with the rev happy K20A? what could be better?!

I take you don't mean a Rover K Series...
No haha, Honda K-series.

The K20A is a fantastic engine, I whole heartedly support this thought process!

I remember when I was first getting serious about tuning and the whole modification scene I saw an MR-S with a K20A in it and I fell in love.. that thing was just perfection incarnate - a fantastic chassis for hitting the mountain pass combined with the rev happy K20A? what could be better?!
I'd love a K20. They are making swap kits for Miatas now.

There's a guy around where I live getting a 13BT swapped into his NB. Not sure if I would necissarily recommend that, though...... While the idea of a revvy engine like the K20 in a Miata is great, and K-series engines are really great, I'd honestly rather have something that's able to use the stock tach/redline. SR20 would work for that, but the 13BT would keep it all-Mazda. That's just me, though.

BTW, that's a great looking Miata you've got there. I approve! :D:tup:

I've always thought something like a BMW six would be awesome in an Mx5.

Something like an M20B25, 2.5 litres 171bhp, not too much or too little for the car.

Heavy iron block. M52 is a better option.

--

Are you going to paint the coupe roof add-on thingy eventually?

If you're going for a color that is not the original and don't plan on painting under the hood, I would just do a vinyl wrap.

But your blue is so pretty D=
I like it, but I don't think it's aggressive enough for the car.

If you're going for a color that is not the original and don't plan on painting under the hood, I would just do a vinyl wrap.
The fiberglass on the roof is very rough, I'd have to prep and sand the car anyway. Same thing with the front fenders, the clearcoat is bubbling.

Still think it looked perfect here.

Yeah, I kinda miss the Wat's. They were just sooooo heavy though. I picked up a new set of wheels today for the street. They will fill the flares way better than the 13s. I'll keep the slicks on the 13s and use them on the track.

Plastidip ?

Especially matte is crying plastidip.
I see warps as too expensive for something that is not there too last, that can create pockets of humidity and where a bad warper can cut into your existing paint.

^Ibonibo has a point, even if you used proper paint rather than plasti-dip it would look good in black, far less obvious than the white and it would match your arches

Those look like Rota Grid V's! Popular choice among Miatas. Looks great! You need some wheel spacers to fill up those flares tho. :D

Those look like Rota Grid V's! Popular choice among Miatas. Looks great! You need some wheel spacers to fill up those flares tho. :D
Yeah, not sure if I like them. Too common. I'll probably sell them once I find some other wheels that are wide enough.

Have you thought of Enkei RPF1's? Super light and I'm sure you could find a wide enough wheel.

Problem with RPF1s is that they are all positive offset. With 80mm of widebody, even a +0 is too small for the fenders. I'd have a set if I kept the stock body.

Those wheels are there best yet in terms of looks (besides the Wats).

Latest Posts

Back